July 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th everyone in the US and Happy Canada Day @Mau_Hutch and any other Canadians following along (@juliet3455 looking at you)!

Beautiful pictures @AlphaHowls! Our sunrise here seem to always be pretty unremarkable.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I ran 6 miles this morning followed by a 2-mile walk. Then I spent the day breaking beans and canning them with my mom. Hope everyone in the US had a wonderful holiday!

Absolutely love your weekend scenery @Contrary_MaryMary!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Fab photo @quilteryoyo. Looks like a fantastic holiday.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Love your photos, @quilteryoyo!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! Glad you were able to get some running and walking done. I did get dismissed from jury duty, but the didn't seat the jury until 4:00.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Looks like you had a good time @quilteryoyo. Great pictures.

6.2 miles this morning. 84°F at 4:30am. Oh yeah, just love summer running 😒
    Was expecting to feel like 💩 since I ran last night, but it wasn't too bad really, except for the sauna-like conditions.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I did have a great time and it felt a bit more like a vacation staying at the B&B instead of my step daughter's house.

Great running @Scott6255 , especially after running last night. I can't imagine it being that warm at 4:30 am. At least it cools off a bit here at night. It was 66 F at 8am this morning.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Sounds like your trip was fun and I guess I didn’t realize you were a GREAT grandmother!! Not many kids get to spend enough time with great grandparents to really remember them and even fewer have one that runs! I remember a couple of mine from my moms side but my kid only ever got to meet 1 of theirs and they have only a few memories. That is such a special relationship!

@scott6255 It is so hard running in the early morning after an evening run. My work schedule has me doing that sometimes and the short turnaround can be a challenge.

@kgirlhart I have only ever been called for jury duty 1 time. And I got selected for the jury for a trial that lasted 6 days. Not the best track record.

@marisap2010 I also feel so much better when I eat more “real” food and less processed stuff. But I hear you about the cheez-its. For me, it’s Dot’s pretzels. I figure a serving of pretzels is no big deal. If the Cheez-its are just a food habit you want to break, I bet sharp cheddar cheese sticks would give you the taste in a healthier format. I’m going to ask for that cookbook for my birthday this year. I love the rise and run one but would like so recipes to incorporate for other meals.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Nice vacation pictures @quilteryoyo! I can't imagine trying to keep up with the triplets plus the "older" two!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Great running! I never feel that I acclimate either. I guess we do, but it's just hard. I am a great grandmother because my husband was 16 years older than me...marrying older men seems to be something that the women in my mom's family does (everyone but mom). Anyway, they are my step greats. He and I didn't have any kids of our own because his were already grown when we got married. I'm blessed that his kids/grandkids and I have continued to have a relationship after he passed away. I know that doesn't happen most of the time.

Thanks @Teresa502 ! I agree with you. I don't know how in the world they do it.