July 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 Great running. Sorry to hear about the lightning damage.

@Scott6255 Sorry you had to bail on your run due to the heat, but glad you stopped and didn't try to push through it. Sometimes we/I are/am horrible about listening to what our bodies are trying to tell us.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    As fellow runners, I knew you all would especially understand the tragedy at the Bear race. I thank God that he was watching out over my friends. I did not know the lady who died. She was from North Carolina. The driver of the van was an 80-year old man who worked for the race and had been shuttling volunteers and other workers up the mountain prior to the start of the race. It appears that he mistakenly hit the gas instead of the brake. I can't imagine what he is going through.

I got out before the rain hit this morning and ran 5.26 miles followed by a 1.63 mile walk that included stopping to pick some blackberries. A couple of large dogs came out and started following me and almost tripped me up twice. One was a Great Pyrenese. Not sure what the other was but he was just as big. I was heading towards a house that had several small dogs and the owner usually lets them out in the morning. They always come out to greet me but don't follow me too far and their owner usually comes out and calls them back. I didn't want these 2 big dogs following me there where they might fight and injure the smaller ones. I made u-turn, as did the dogs. They kept following me past the point where they joined me and I finally had to shake a stick at them to make them stop. I didn't want them to follow me home because my cat was outside and I feared for her. We don't have a leash law in the county where I live so dogs are free to roam wherever they please. Not sure where the dogs live as I've encountered them before at a couple of different places.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Congratulations on your 7 year MFP-anniversary. Are you running outdoors in those "excessive heat warnings?" Be careful out there.

Unless it is freezing or lightening or I am at work, I spend much of my time outside. Starting around 4 AM helps me acclimate.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @AlphaHowls That's great and you are right. If you are outside a lot, or don't use/have AC, it is easier to get out in hotter conditions. Not easy. But easier.

@martaindale Love the new treadmill! It looks like an updated version of the one I have. Mine is probably 14 or 15 years old. Is it IFit? Are you going to use that feature. I never did, but wish I had at least given it a try. Great running in that heat.

Nice exercise day @marisap2010 !
  • quilteryoyo
    edited July 2022
    Options
    It's great that you get out for a walk in the evening @SummerSkier even if it is hotter than hades. You are so consistent with your running too. Like you, I don't worry too much about speed in the summer heat...heck, I don't worry about it too much anyway. :lol:

You're doing great with the plan @marisap2010 !

You are doing great @yirara . Not sure what your surgery was for...guess I missed that. I hope your lip heals quickly...and that the lactate test gives you the information you are looking for.

I'm glad you enjoyed your treadmill run @martaindale. Even though I never used the IFit on line service, I really like the programs that are loaded and how it automatically changes the incline (and some the pace) so you don't have to worry about that. I haven't used the training one's lately - that change pace. I just use it to "race a pack" so I get some variation in incline and control my own pace.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    July Goal: 110 Miles

7/1: 2.02 miles
    7/3: 10.26 miles
    7/5: 6.02 miles
    7/6: 6.02 miles
    7/7: 7.06 miles
    7/10: 10.02 miles

41.40/110 miles completed for July

It has been unbearably hot lately. But I got out about 6:45 and it was only 75°F. It was 84° feels like 87° when I finished. It got up to 104° and it is still 100° at 8:45 pm, so I guess I beat the heat. It wasn't a bad run, just hot. I ran 10 miles. I did see two jackrabbits in the cemetery. And I stopped to see Lilly/Sunny. My water bottle was leaking so I ran out of water, but luckily I was pretty close to home by the time I ran out.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Nice running @kgirlhart . Those temperatures are horrible though. You did great to beat the heat. Sorry about your water bottle leaking, but glad that you didn't run out earlier in your run.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Tarun (from London 🇬🇧 ). I'm into running. (I have run 2x Half Marathons, and a Personal best distance of 16M). Unsure if I will do a full 26.2M one yet. I enjoy travelling and running wherever I go. No July specific goals but I've set myself a goal of 1500 Miles for the Calendar year (so you could say 125M). May be a bit ambitious! (Currently on 843M). Please add me on my MFP and/or Strava https://www.strava.com/athletes/53345216
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I gout out a bit later than normal this morning but temperature was a nice 63F and the humidity wasn't bad at 83%. I don't know how some of you with those 100+ temperatures do it! I ran 5.19 miles bringing my total to 26.48 miles for the month.

Welcome @tarun_yadavA!

Love the new treadmill @martaindale and the interactive programs!