WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Those of you with Kodiak pancake and waffle mix - here's an idea, mix the batter and bake it like a cake. Another way to get a high protein snack or dessert.

https://tasty.co/compilation/how-to-make-sheet-pan-pancakes?fbclid=IwAR25Xn1kJIpZHyi9N3NPl5Nf1jjuh6T6ZF0JUeKY0xiOWTK186zUdmGxHvI

Lanette
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Worked today. Will be leaving in about ยฝ hr for the hosp. Work tomorrow then the soup kitchen. Not sure if Jess will stop by here to do her laundry

Rori โ€“ Vince isnโ€™t experiencing any distress. One of the antibiotics he is supposed to take with food. They warned him that he might have diarrhea, but so far he hasnโ€™t

Lanette โ€“ could Rosie be getting anxious when there are workmen in the house (strangers)? We have a Felaway diffuser for Loki since he has anxiety whenever thereโ€™s a stranger in the house

Michele NC
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Flea--Sending hugs and prayers. So much at one time.

Katla--I hope DH is feeling better soon and can make the trip to be closer to you.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Afternoon ladies ,
    Well as my brother said
    Its hotter than the devils chili here its 95 degrees ,i went and got Homer out and then up to get my little furry pals out.. they are so cute.. then stopped and Miles was playing in his little pool,Tracy had him sitting up she only had a tiny bit of water in the pool .. and he rolled over i said let him stay on his belly water was maybe an inch and oh he went crazy kicking and having a blast.. sometimes she is to scared to let him try stuff.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    This might be Rosie next week. :D Weatherman just said we'll see 100 next Tuesday and Wednesday, night time lows around 60. Hope this is the only super hot spell for the summer.

tb4u438dwexx.jpg

Lanette B)
    Sunny SW WA State

Love this and can see it happening! Lol

RvRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Lanette, I kind of eat my own things these days. Since I had started eating one or two meal a day, I fix what I want, and Lee does his own for breakfast and lunch. I mentally put on the restaurant line cook hat, and fix him stuff every so often. I finally had a moment a couple years ago, when I realized most of the food I was fixing wasn't stuff I really liked. Then there was the many years I just ate the kids leftover crap, it seemed. So its really nice to try different things. Today I opened an Asian salad, putting half in a bowl and the rest in the container I use to shake homemade cole slaw together. Asian salads are mostly cabbage anyways. Then I added a bit of cottage cheese, some sliced French mushrooms and some diced avocado I bought. I am super picky about avocados turning brown, so I buy the containers instead of the waste of opening up a whole avocado. The challenges of cooking for one! I will have an everything bagel, roasted with a THICK slice of tomato, and the rest of the container of avocado as the glue.
    Here's another thing I bought to try. Just found it in the canned veggies aisle.
    u9co64mj14kg.jpg
    Also I love this in white rice with a squirt of mayo and wasabi.
    dcqcqmbmvxns.jpg
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    dackbinm8xo1.jpg
    The light switch cover I made for Athena's bathroom.๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ‘

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Skipped walking MIL's dog- that was a nice break. I enjoy walking the dog but not going over there to get him.
    I walked to the park where we have zumba with my daycare girl- let her play in the playground while I walked around it- got in almost 8000 steps.
    This picture was taken while there-they were practicing last night too.
    ev1nl0i5r45s.png

Having coconut curry for lunch- premade pack I picked up at Grocery Outlet $1.49

Need to figure out what I will do for dinner for son and I.

MIL is hopefully getting her cast off today.
    Dh is going to stop being there as much and I am going to cut back to 3 days a week to walk the dog.
    Slowly getting back to normal.
    I plan on walking by myself on the days I don't walk the dog

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Lanette the avocado that I bought.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’–
    oely3wi3pall.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Max's last day at primary school. (In September he will be going to secondary school.)

88ansttbvbko.jpg

This was him when they first moved to Hove and he started at the school. <3

5du9tvjn8vv4.jpg

I miss those days.

DH and Max are going out together for a walk and talk on Sunday. Lunch somewhere will be on the menu. It was a special request from Max. They are doing it again in just over a week.

Zoomed today with my girlfriends. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    oely3wi3pall.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I like getting the little avocado when they are on sale- the little ones at the Mexican grocery store are 4 for $1 or 3/$1. I put them in the fridge and they ripen really slow so I get to enjoy them and not have them go bad. Hoping they have them on sale again soon.
    Same with the mango- the small ones are 3/$1- enjoy them fresh or sliced and put in the dehydrator
    (hoping pineapples are on sale soon so I can put them in the dehydrator. Apples too)

Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Other- 2hrs. 14min, scrub and pressure wash area rug = 685c
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Options
    oely3wi3pall.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I like getting the little avocado when they are on sale- the little ones at the Mexican grocery store are 4 for $1 or 3/$1. I put them in the fridge and they ripen really slow so I get to enjoy them and not have them go bad. Hoping they have them on sale again soon.
    Same with the mango- the small ones are 3/$1- enjoy them fresh or sliced and put in the dehydrator
    (hoping pineapples are on sale soon so I can put them in the dehydrator. Apples too)

Debbie

Nice!
  • SophieRosieMom
    edited July 2022
    Options
    oely3wi3pall.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
    Rebecca - what store(s) are you finding these yummy foods? - that veggie quinoa bowl is something I'd like to try. I haven't seen this at Walmart or Safeway, but then I didn't know it even existed. You are a great resource for new foods. :)

I have been doing OK with fresh avocadoes, I buy them hard and they seem to soften and keep in the fridge for several days. I eat 1/2 per day. I put the remaining half (still in the skin) in a little ziploc bag and douse thoroughly with lemon juice, and it generally keeps pretty well until the next day.

Price on avocadoes-.78 cents each a year ago, now $1.18.

Thanks!!

Lanette B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    Heather - Max's bi-lingual school was English and ?? French?

Lanette