• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,289 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    CJ - A HUGE welcome back! :D<3:D I read every word of your post. You have been through such a lot, but I'm pleased to see that you are still active and working. The car accident you were in is such terrible bad luck, and there can be nothing worse than grandchildren suffering. I'm so glad you have a supportive circle of friends. They are invaluable.
    I hope you will be able to drop in here when your schedule allows. Such valuable work you are doing. I have missed you on the thread.

We, unexpectedly, have a day off, as Max has been shunted off to his other grandparents. :o I'm still hovering over the publication button. I can't see me pushing it today, but I'm gleaning support from inspiring videos and podcasts. It's a day for keeping out of the heat with the blinds drawn.

Lots of love to everyone, and welcome to L and Mandy and other newcomers. <3

Heather, in the shrivelled and blasted South East of the UK. Xxxxxxxx

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    "Welcome" and "Welcome Back" to the newbies and returnees!

I always get excited when people join/rejoin us!

(((Beth)))

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,234 Member
    Options
    Hi, my dear friends. DH has one of his pals outings today, so I can indulge myself today.

Yesterday, I tested myself to an egg chair at a greatly reduced price. It’s been on my wish list for quite a few years. DH thinks it’s too big to fit where I want it to go, but we shall see. If he wants it moved, he will have to clear the rubbish out of the Summerhouse, which is full of his gardening ‘toys’, and fix it up. And, knowing him, it will take him quite some time to do that.
    Tracey: Once again, you have shown your prowess at creating. 🥰 your glazed pot.
    Beth: It’s a disgrace that bureaucracy makes it so difficult to wind up an estate after someone passes. You are dealing with it with grace and stoicism. And, It’s so very sad that your dad didn’t get the honours he earned by his service. (((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 for you as you navigated the days ahead.

I’m off to potter round the garden and pick some fresh produce for my lunch.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,752 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    and welcome new friends
    CJ welcome home!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,958 Member
    Options
    :)C.J. Welcome back. You have had a lot of rough patches and I applaud your decisions to keep on going and being useful. I read your whole post.

:)Mandy, glad to meet you. I let my hair stay its natural color and it has been fine and saved me a lot of work and concern.

:)L, welcome. I hope you'll come back often and join the conversation.

<3Allie, I am concerned about Kyle and his anger. It can't be helping the family the situation. My heart goes out to Carmine who is without family support at a critical time in their life.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,614 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,897 Member
    Options
    <3 👽🛸🔆🌵
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    :)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Oh shoot, Beth. I am so sorry that your dad didn't get the honors he so deserved. I wish you had called on the Patriot Guard. They usually come at almost a moments notice. And you're certainly correct about our medicaly community needing work!

Sue, I have to ask. Do you have family in MN? I just noticed your screenname and Kuehn is so unusal. We had a family of Kuehns in Lakeville that were quite well-known.

Welcome L and Mandy and welcome back CJ (omgosh, you've been thru a lot!)

Not much new or different here in MN. Glorious Thursday.

Carla, out!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,752 Member
    Options
    Well back from running errands,took the car to emissions ,passed thank goodness.. stopped and gave Tracy paperwork she wanted printed.. and she made Miles scrambled egg.
    Well she freaked out,he had a mild reaction.. so after emissions i stopped and got childrens benadryl to keep in hand..she did call the dr.. they said to try it in another 3 weeks or so to see if it happens again to see if it is a true allergy.. slight rash and one or 2 hives.. didn't slow that boy down one bit.. poor little guy is fussy though,he wants to go go go but his legs cant take him there yet lol.they are off to visit daddy at work at lunchtime.. they do that on Tracys days off.
    I went and got Homer out and left him with treats and will be staying overnight with him and Alfie Saterday so Tom and Elena can go to lake George.. i sure hope they enjoy themselves..I dont want him worrying about Homer he will be just fine with me..always has been..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Beth--Sending hugs and prayers. A lot to deal with at once. I am so sorry about the milirary and them not getting back to you. I have a friend dealing with them on some benifits from her DH who passed and they take their sweet time. Going on 4 months and she just got a letter the first of this week wanting more forms done. Have you got a place in mind close to you where you want to move your mom?

Tracey--Ceramic piece. Looks so much like demin.

CJ-- Read every word and all I can say is WOW!! Sending hugs and prayers.

Another hot day and I am working a 10 hour shift. Went on overtime about an hour ago. Have to finish to day and 12 hour shift on Saturday. So happy my new person starts her training tomorrow night and by the end of this month I should be back up to full staff.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,289 Member
    Options
    Hot day. I napped with the fan blowing. Watched a couple of videos and listened to podcasts. Didn't go outside. Curtains shut. Lay on the bed.
    I'm feeling good though. Sorted out a lot of head stuff. Feeling supported and surer of my direction. :D There is so much helpful stuff out there.

Family off tomorrow. I am always nervous when they get on a plane. :# We will miss them for the two weeks they are touring Slovenia.

Getting hotter over the weekend. DH has cricket on Sunday. There is shade at the ground, but it might get busy as it's the weekend. Poor players! :o

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I got a lot done- scheduled eye Dr and mammogram, called in mom's refill, boiled chicken, and picked an outfit for this weekend. Always more to do, though. Hmm, I could put laundry in. Anything but clean the bathroom. That will wait until the last minute, lol!

Looks like it's not too hot to ride horseback, and I will do my dumbbells tonight.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    What is an egg chair?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,614 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    L ~ Wow! You must be made of sturdy stuff to live so far from "civilization."

Carol in GA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Carla - we do have relatives in MN but not with the Kuehn surname. There are quite a few Kuehns in MN though. There used to be a Kuehn car dealership at one time. DH'S family is from SD up around the Mobridge area. We have a cassette tape of grandma Kuehn telling how she came to the Dakota Territories in a covered wagon when she was 8 yo. Amazingly we have run into quite a few Kuehns out here in WA since we moved 7 years ago from Sioux Falls, SD.

CJ - good to see your post. You have had a tough time but hopefully things have turned around.

Beth - can't believe you could not find an honor guard for your dad. The funeral director took care of that for my mom when we had the graveside service in IA. He contacted them and took care of the gratuity. They came from the VFW I believe.

DD's birthday tomorrow. We are having ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone Creamery that way no left over cake. She and her best friend are going up near Leavenworth to hike the haunted hiking trail. I think they should have a good day for it.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA