WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    Options
    Wow, Tracey, those stockings are a real labour of love. :D<3

Another glorious day. The lack of rain is a serious problem. I am having a hair trim after lunch and then we are getting an Uber up to the school where Edie and Bea are attending a play centre for a few days this week. It has a swimming pool and excellent helpers. We will pick them up and walk them back to their house (HOT) and stay a bit. My son will be back to cook dinner, but has an important meeting with a national supermarket this afternoon. I told him not to rush and worry. If they can get their product in there, it will be a huge coup.

It's our last chance to see the girls before they go on holiday on Friday for two weeks. Max is coming over for most of the day tomorrow.

Just hoping I'm OK in the heat. :#:o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,797 Member
    Options
    Heather-- you and Johnny are such a blessing to your grandchildren and i know they love you for it!!
    Machka- beautiful Owl.. that was my grandmothers favorite owls.
    Im up and dressed and ready to go take care of the little wild man today..
    Its not supposed to be as hot today only 84..
    Finally got my mortgage stuff set up and my medicare supplement set up for autopay.. here is hoping Tom keeps paying the alimony because I'll be broke if he doesn't lol
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,361 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi all. Grocery shopping done and dusted. The supermarket were selling lovely rattan egg chairs at a greatly reduced price, so I have sent DH back round to buy me one. I’ve always fancied one. It will be his anniversary present to me. (From last month 😝)

Allie: Unconditional love is what we do. Hopefully, one day they will realise that you only want the best for them.
    Machka: 🥰 the picture
    Tracey: You are so talented. 🥰those stockings.

It’s too hot outside so I will probably spend most of today in the shade or indoors.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating. May all your dreams come true.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    If one of us is restless, has a cough etc, we sleep in separate rooms. Resentment and frustration does not a good marriage make. :p Most nights we sleep in the same bed. It's a super king in two halves. That way shifting about does not disturb the other. On the cruise we had separate duvets, which I loved, but I don't want to have to buy lots of new bedlinen. We bought new this Christmas.

Just about to order the taxi.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    TRACEY ~ Your Christmas stocking is beautiful and shows so much hard work and skill! :)

Carol in GA
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Tracey..I enjoy zumba..makes me feel young!

Annie..I have only 10 pages of a book written but a downloaded Scivner and hope this helps me to get more organized!

Hi Lynda I am new myself but love reading what everyone else is doing!

Last Christmas my son, his wife and I painted a sleigh and christmas tree following a utube video. It was alot of fun! Sometimes I take a class at an art center but the COVId put a pause on that!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,797 Member
    Options
    Morning again,here with a napping boy..
    I feel bad for Tracy as I was married to a man with a temper.. like I told you Kyle has a temper. Never has hit or gotten violent to people ,but things yes.. he was going up the stairs after work to take a shower,Carmine coming down the stairs.he smiled and said hello and got nothing and he got upset,so after he took his shower. Went into Carmines room opened the window and chucked the air conditioner out the second floor window to the ground. And came back down stairs and went in his bedroom and closed the door.. which leaves Tracy to deal with all the aftermath..
    Kyle pays for Carmines guitar lessons,they are supposed to be going to see Santana on friday night and in a couple weeks going to a concert in NYC and then to Six flags in New Jersey..,Tracy went up to try and talk with him this morning and all she got out of him is I dont care..
    Gosh it just hurts my heart...
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ It sounds like Kyle has tried really hard to make life bearable for Carmine.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynda! Welcome.
    Rosemarie... did I say hi to you? I don't remember. Hi and welcome!

Tracey, that stocking is so cute and what a treasured keepsake.

Love those little nudges you're talking about Lisa! Those are great ideas. Go for it TRACEY... give her a little PUSH out the door. (or off a cliff, whatever works, LOL!)

That's a fantastic idea Machka! My mom and dad slept on a twins/king for as long as I can remember because dad tossed incessantly and was ridiculously HOT!

Happy HUMPday!

Carla, in MN
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,108 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Rosemarie I use Scrivener. It takes awhile to get used to, like any powerful software. But it is really good at keeping things in one place. That said, I have a page of notes that I need to transcribe into sections and section headings. I finally have a plan for my middle. Yay! I made up some alternate suspects to flesh out.

I need to work on a backup, too. I was backing up to a large flash drive, but I haven't done that in so long I forget how. Scrivener will do a backup but that usually ends up on the same hard drive as the original, so when the hard drive dies, POOF!

But today's challenge is to fit in my yoga and marching, since I slept late. Tonight should be meditation but I can't do everything. This afternoon I need to pick up some groceries I missed. Life goes on.

By the way, my date stopped texting. I think that fell apart.

Allie, hope for the best for your family. Hope they all get the help they need. It does sound like an awful patch they are going through.

Rita wishing you patience with your meds. It takes so long to get it right, and there is such a shortage of knowledgeable medical help. The science is slowly getting better, and maybe someday they will be able to give a test that indicates the correct meds. Meanwhile it's just trial and error, wait and see! That's not good.

Have a great day everyone!

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Annie - backups are important, and i can share what I do in a private message if you are interested. I will also put in on our group site

Kim
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Kim, but I just have to remember where I put it and what I called it. It won't take me long once I sit down and face it.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Busy afternoon. Haircut went well. She is such a great cutter and I like her. :D
    Taxi arrived early, so we found ourselves wandering around the park opposite the day centre, looking for shade. Never been there before. Found the open air theatre! Plus rats running around in the undergrowth. :o
    Edie was in fine fettle, having won various prizes during the day. Bea was in meltdown, through heat, tiredness and envy of Edie. Real tears. We bought us all ice creams at the café.
    My poor son had a useful but exhausting day on business. He had to send Max off on the train to his other grandparents as a last resort and was too confused to tell us we won't be having him tomorrow after all. DDIL is away and they are flying out to Slovenia on Friday. :o Stress. Modern parenting is no joke.
    We left just before 6 and went to the boutique brewery where we chatted to some old boy. I ordered pizza to pick up and we walked back in the still hot sunshine. 🔥 Picked it up near us and we are now relaxing with a glass of red wine.

Phew! Too hot for me.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxx