Trying to be more consistent

Options
Hi,

Had this app for a while and just found this section. It's good to see, after reading members introductions that were all human. Just being here is a great step even if it's for the # time.

My goal is to be more consistent with food and exercise, I have always been an emotional eater along with a lot of other things. So from experience and common sense, "diets" are a terrible idea that have zero longevity and will more than likely require more emotional (eating) support once that diet is over.
Luckily I enjoy being active, but can find it easy to be lazy and not exercise daily.
Ultimately it's all a numbers game, if you dont burn it you just store it. So trying to find a healthy balance is my goal, which will involve habit adjustment (James clear) and reflection (journalling).

Currently I:

Intermittent fast: feeding window 12-8pm. I've done this for nearly 10 years (damn I'm old). But having learnt that breakfast is not my most important meal of the day, infact I perform better mentally and physically In a fasted state.

Exercise: 1 started cycling to and from work 30 mins each way, which works well for my situation. I do 1 (40 min) exercise class during the work week to break up my day and the gym gives me a clean boost of energy in the day.

Portion control: I had to really look at the volume of food I was consuming. Started by cutting my meals in half and spreading them out. Which made me more mindful of how much I really needed. Listening to my body has been the most important and eating when my stomach feels empty has helped. I haven't cut all the bad things out (that would be evil), Instead I've looked at manageable alternatives. Grilled chicken over fried, oats over toast and binning off empty calories that make me feel like garbage.

Oh and sleep, I need to get more sleep (he says writing this at 5am), it's important for a multitude of reasons I've learnt after reading "why we sleep - Matthew walker".

Good luck peoples! Helps only a click away

Replies

• Imboss6
    Imboss6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You were very honest in you writing. I will love to be in your community of support just as long as I can count on you to be there for me. Keep up the "Awareness of eating, exercising and sleep habits".