November 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @martaindale - I live in a very rural area and don't get any trick-or-treaters so I buy candy and go to my mom's where we sit on the porch and hand it out to all the ghosts and goblins. Although it rained off and on all day yesterday, it stopped late yesterday afternoon and it was a decent evening for it. We had 98 trick or treaters visit us.
    As for trick or treaters, we got a lot when I was little, but once they started doing trunk or treat and things in town, no one comes around the rural neighborhoods anymore, not even the neighborhood kids.
    I grew up in a really rural area and my parents would drive us into town to trick or treat. No one expected trick or treaters when houses were 1/4 mile apart and maybe a third even had kids.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @Scott6255 You got this! I think you'll surprise yourself.

@eleanorhawkins I'm so glad you managed a meetup with one of the local ladies. I hope this can be a regular thing for you!

That's a scenic spot for sure @tarun_yadavA! Hope you are enjoying your trip!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,837 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    I managed to do 35 minutes of the Iron Strength for Runners workout this morning before I decided I was too tired to finish. I'm packing up the car and heading to Hilton Head Island in the morning for a week and am planning to stop off for a run along the way. I got this idea from @7lenny7 and @skippygirlsmom both of whom I'm missing on this thread! Along with @ContraryMaryMary and @Avidkeo and @katharmonic and @mari33a and others!

Just make sure you are packing if you don't have someone or a dog with you. I really used to enjoy getting out and running on vacations or on the way to them but they was when I had an SO. Now I am too chicken.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,444 Member
    Options
    Nicely on schedule, and my running has gotten faster. I'll try to get in a longer run tomorrow, and then it'll be break time possibly because I'm on vacation for a week. Mostly flat landscape (yay!) and lots of wind (meh!), and lots of sightseeing and walking. Lets see how this goes.

That's awesome! I think I am getting a tiny bit faster, too because I can feel that I don't huff and puff so much. It has definitely been more of a mind game to just push through and get out there, and then once I am outside, it seems to get easier all the way around. It is certainly helping the weight-loss, too.

I really like reading your posts, Yirara, and I hope you have a great vacation. Make lots of memories and have fun! :smiley: [/quote]

Aww, thanks a lot Fit2btied :) I really need this vacation and have been looking forward to it.