• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    November total: 36/200 miles

11/1: 5 miles
    11/3: 10 miles
    11/5: 16 miles
    11/6: 5 miles

Recovery miles in the rain today. Legs felt good. On to next week.
  • martaindale
    Options
    At least with running you can be in or out of your head as much as you like--that's why I am enjoying it so much. I really do just zone out, lol. I don't run with any music or anything, just listening to the sounds around me and so on. Today it was geese honking away and all the leaves whipping up on the trail.

I don't run with music or anything either. I enjoy the peace and quiet. I also find it makes a race day environment really peppy. All the music and cheering really gives me a push.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Fit2btied2016 there are various options for timers for Galloway... many Garmin watches can be set to give you alerts, or there are free interval timer apps for mobile phones which work fine unless you're doing very long runs. I've even converted it into counting steps (vaguely remember doing that at the end of my last race, forcing myself to run 100, walk 50)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @martaindale HUGE Hugs going out to you for your kid. You have to be made from a different cloth to parent a child with personality challenges, on top of everything else that comes with being a teen. I bow down to you and your husband!

@Fit2btied2016 we are only about 500 feet above sea level, so no altitude, but many big hills on most running routes. I have been to CO once, and 7000 ft altitude was noticable.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    Glad you recovery run was easy @Scott6255 .

@kgirlhart Good to see that you got to visit with Sunny. Haven't heard from her in a while.

You are all doing great with your running and strength training.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,837 Member
    Options
    those are amazing pics Tarun. I esp like the one with the clouds LOOMING over the harbor Cape Town. It looks like a scene from that new pre Hobbit series. WOW! and you and your son look so happy.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    those are amazing pics Tarun. I esp like the one with the clouds LOOMING over the harbor Cape Town. It looks like a scene from that new pre Hobbit series. WOW! and you and your son look so happy.

@SummerSkier aww thanks bON
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @tarun_yadavA - love the pictures of So. Africa!! So awesome! I take it you didn't go run with the giraffes or gazelles? 😁
    My daughter spent a summer in Kenya in a remote village near the border with Uganda. They hiked all over the place and saw themes amazing wildlife. She also went a couple of years later to Johannesburg for a 2 year program at the University of Kwazulu Natal but they had some issues and cancelled the international program so she really didn't get to see or do much there.

It really is amazing the different KitKat bars you can find in different countries! I always look for them when I travel too!
    I love that you got to share it with your family! How did your son like the sharks - I would be terrified!!

@shanaber your daughter's experience sounds amazing! I wish I did a semester abroad or two when I was younger!

As for the sharks... Amazing experience. 3M length Copper sharks! No Great whites unfortunately. They do frequent those waters. Speaking of- so so cold.
  • martaindale
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA That looks like a really amazing trip! Great pictures!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA That looks like a really amazing trip! Great pictures!!

^^^^ This ^^^^