SummerSkier Posts: 4,833 Member
    Options

Saturday update
    11/1 5.01 Cum 5.01
    11/2 4.15 Cum 9.16
    11/3 2.01 Cum 11.17
    11/4 8.01 Cum 19.18
    11/5 5.00 Cum 24.18
    Goal:120 for the month. Need to avg 3.608 per day to make my 1500 for the year. Currently at 1298 total

It was really great for running compared to yesterday. 49 deg f with little humidity and light north wind. Scott should have perfect weather for his 20 miler.
    @polskagirl01 I am glad your strength training is progressing and sorry that your mojo and running is so sucky at the moment. Would be sad to see you leave but I totally get why you might not want to post or read much.
    @eleanorhawkins your recovery sounds about right on track. WOOHOO to signing up for a marathon. Not ever gonna happen for me but yall do inspire me a lot!

Today I felt a lot better. The storm hit right after sunset (photos of really COOL stuff in the spoiler) and cleared out the humidity and my headache. I know tomorrow might be the DOMs from the 8 miler yesterday so took advantage of still having legs to do 5 miles run and 1 mile walk after this morning. My goal was to try to keep my HR as low as possible so my pace was slower but I was happy that compared to Monday's run where I had to do 13 min miles to keep it low, I was able to keep the same HR today (weather helped!) and be under a 12 min pace. The only thing that was bothering me yesterday from the run were my big toes. ug. I ran in different shoes today so no issue. I think I need to keep the pair from yesterday for shorter runs as the toe box is a little smaller.
    dkse7n12014t.jpeg
    e8yl3kdj7aof.jpeg
    those rays are in the east and the optical illusion is they are emanating from there when in fact they are shadows all the way across the sky from the setting sun in the wet. You can see the tiny moon in the right hand side also.

03csb7ypr83a.jpeg
    eqzz3546sonw.jpeg
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going to completely catch up with everyone today. The comments below I wrote this morning and saved, thinking I would finish later. Obviously, that didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow. For now, it is what it is. I hope all that had hard runs and races today did well. Look forward to reading about them tomorrow.

@Fit2B2016 Sounds like you are doing great. If I can run in the morning, I prefer that, but I'm NOT a morning person. It's nice to have that part of your day over and done with instead of having it "hanging over your head" all day. I think a majority of the people here do run in the mornings. I hope your husband is feeling better and glad your neighbor's are supportive of your running, now that they know what you are doing. :wink: Sorry to hear that your husband was so generous with his germs. I hope you are both feeling better!

@tarun_yadavA What a beautiful place to run. Glad you enjoyed it. To me, that is not an "out of shape" run pace...you are doing great to get runs in while you are on vacation.

@quilteryoyo thank you! 😊
    It was so scenic and beautiful

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Good morning all...
    From Sunny South Africa to "it always rains in London". Got in early, home, unpacked... And thought 'what the hell'. 9am. May as well get back into routine!

Got in a 4 in the rain!
    pnzco2iahks2.png
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 oh yeah, there will be a lot of time on feet. Like 5 or 6 hours a day for 5 or 6 days. We're doing the Camino de Santiago from Ferrol to Santiago de Compostela. With my mother. So slow and steady. My vague thought atm is to do a 20 miler about 10 days before that so my legs have a while to recover from that before the holiday, but that means it would be almost 6 weeks out from race day, which is a lot. So I wonder whether I should do another one the weekend after we get home, but that would only be 2 weeks out from race day. I guess I'll just have to see how things go as they go and do what feels right at the time.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options
    01.11 Tue 12°C 4.0km 33min 8:09/km
    02.11 Wed 10°C 6.4km 51min 8:00/km
    04.11 Fri 10°C 5.5km 45min 8:13/km
    05.11 Sat 7°C 7.5km 65min 8:40/km
    06.11 Sun 10°C 3.7km 30min 8:06/km

total: 27.02/80.5km (10.8km ahead)

Running 3 days in a row is not good. But I did it as I might not be able tomorrow as I'm traveling. So got that one in. Was better than yesterday, though I did feel the three days in my legs.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I have the Camino de Santiago on my bucket list. It is one of the few through hikes I have been able to talk my husband into as it involves no tent camping. We probably won’t get around to it until our kid graduates from high school though.

@Scott6255 Yay!! So glad to hear your 20 miler went so well. The weather was really nice for a long run yesterday! I hope training continues to go well for you.

@Teresa502 I love the idea of stopping off to run on a road trip. But if I am honest with myself, I doubt I would do it. One a road trip, I am all destination, no journey. I think I get this from my dad. Every trip we did as kids involved barely any stops, and now when I am driving somewhere, it basically has to be a bathroom or gas emergency to get me to pull off.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @martaindale omgoodness HUGE virtual hug. I won't offer any suggestions at all except to say hang in there, teenagers have always been pretty awful and I think this latest batch is probably the worst ever due to the way the world is now. The poor things have a lot of crazy/confusing stuff that just didn't exist in our day and we have been landed with the equally tough job of trying to keep them on track. I feel like in your shoes I would probably be beating myself up thinking of what I should have done differently or feeling at fault. Don't. We may not know each other in person, but everything we've ever talked about has made me know you're an excellent, loving, sensible and very reasonable mom.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    While the purists carry their backpacks and stay at hostels, there are lots of options to make it more comfortable like hotels and luggage transport.

The hotels/luggage option is the only reason my husband won't consider it! 😆 The hike around Mont Blanc is also a town to town and you can have a luggage courier, so I think I have him convinced to do that too.