Sexting in a relationship

Options

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    This would be a giant "heck no" in my relationship. Totally cheating IMO.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    that's still cheating period. the end.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad phone cameras have a panoramic feature now so I can get the D all in one shot.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    My husband actually encourages it...of course, that's also because I get paid to do it. The non-paid sexting is only with him or my boyfriend.

And, to be honest, if he wanted to sext with another woman, I'd be fine with it.

It's all about the rules of YOUR relationship, not someone else's.

Why even be married?

Um, why even say that? Just because somebody's relationship is outside of what you are personally comfortable with, it doesn't make it less valid.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I think it ~really~ depends on the relationship.

I've been in an open relationship before. That kind of stuff would have been no problem (although people didn't have camera phones back then), but there was also an honesty policy in place, so that no one got blind sided, and we had trust. That relationship was a positive one and even when it ended, it was amicable.

However, in my current relationship, we discussed exclusiveness VERY early on, and it would be an absolute no go. No net-lationships, no sexting, nothing that could be construed as initiating sexual congress with another party, it is outside the parameters of our relationship. And, I'm 100% okay with that, too.

The terms of the relationship should be discussed between the partners before this shizzle even comes up. It should never be a situation of "baby, it was just a picture." Or, 'texts don't mean anything.' That's bull and everyone knows it. ;)
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Depends - are you willing to pay for it? :flowerforyou:
  • cwkaty
    cwkaty Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on your relationship and what you and you SO fell comfortable with. Some people are OK with this and some aren't. To each their own.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Cheating...if I'm in a serious committed relationship, no way.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    why expose your primary relationship, in which you've invested x y z, to that kind of risk? stupid.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If I'm in any exclusive, keyword 'exclusive', relationship, then I would consider it to be cheating.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think it ~really~ depends on the relationship.

I've been in an open relationship before. That kind of stuff would have been no problem (although people didn't have camera phones back then), but there was also an honesty policy in place, so that no one got blind sided, and we had trust. That relationship was a positive one and even when it ended, it was amicable.

However, in my current relationship, we discussed exclusiveness VERY early on, and it would be an absolute no go. No net-lationships, no sexting, nothing that could be construed as initiating sexual congress with another party, it is outside the parameters of our relationship. And, I'm 100% okay with that, too.

The terms of the relationship should be discussed between the partners before this shizzle even comes up. It should never be a situation of "baby, it was just a picture." Or, 'texts don't mean anything.' That's bull and everyone knows it. ;)

I understand this and it makes sense but if I have to specify this and we have to clarify these rules then, to me, I'm in the wrong relationship. Fortunately, I found my soulmate a long time ago with virtually identical beliefs.

I've been told on more than one occasion and by more than one person that that I live in the wrong decade; I have to agree.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Sexting with someone who isn't your partner is cheating. It's a deal breaker. If you can't see that, your moral compass is broken.

:laugh:
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My husband actually encourages it...of course, that's also because I get paid to do it. The non-paid sexting is only with him or my boyfriend.

And, to be honest, if he wanted to sext with another woman, I'd be fine with it.

Why even be married?

Um, why even say that? Just because somebody's relationship is outside of what you are personally comfortable with, it doesn't make it less valid.

freaks-and-geeks-fashion-7.jpg
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Sexting with someone who isn't your partner is cheating. It's a deal breaker. If you can't see that, your moral compass is broken.
    QFT
  • vtmoon
    Options
    OP does this post have anything to do with that fiancee who you were worried about how many months salary to spend on ur own engagement ring? Or would it have anything to do with one of his brothers who u were annoyed by their closeness on FB? Who is sexting who here..exactly?

192-0707121335-Busted.GIF
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if it's OK to sext with someone other than your partner? I wouldn't care.

SEXT sent.
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Many people are into sex with children so I guess based on your immoral standards that is ok if they are personally ok with it.

Define "immoral" please.
  • vtmoon
    Options

Why even be married?

Many people are into sex with children so I guess based on your immoral standards that is ok if they are personally ok with it.

Did you just compare sexting between two consenting adults, to an adult having sex with a child? If you don't see the difference then I may suggest new "moral standards".