December 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @Fit2btied2016 in the toolbar above the box you type in there is a button for spoiler brackets (in a dropdown menu, it's the icon before the smiley one on my screen at least)
    Re: your hip... do you stretch after your runs? I have to do 10-minute walks before and after ALL my runs to warm up and cool down, then around 10 minutes of stretching and if I have the time I put my legs up a wall for another 10 minutes or so. SO annoying and takes so much time, but anything to keep me mobile (my legs hate me lol).
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    That's awesome @eleanorhawkins!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the tips about the bugs and the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, at the time of my post, said Christmas tree was already in the living room sans bug spray and believe it or not, I don’t have any bug spray (although we do have bugs in Germany just not that many pesky ones). I’ll keep you updated if we do happen to have an infestation.

And, what is in my opinion much worse!, right after putting the tree up, my daughter and I came down with what is most likely the flu. So we are 3 for 5 on being sick and I’ve been bed ridden since Monday, drinking lots of tea, and dreaming of being healthy and out running and not feeling like crap. So it looks like zero kilometres for me this week. Fingers crossed I’ll be out running again soon.

I guess Deutsche bugs are more civil than American bugs (lived in Berlin for 4 years, but I am not a jelly roll).
    Hope you and your daughter are feeling better soon.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »

I agree!
    Talking to yourself is fine; but when you start answering yourself, ....
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

I agree!

I've even been known to argue with myself...
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Fit2btied2016 . It's hard to catch up when you are pages behind. I usually just give up and start at "today." BTW, in case you didn't know, I chose to run the T-Minus 10 mile race because when I was in the AF I worked on Cape Canaveral for 4 years and thought it would be nice to go back and be able to run on base again. You are doing great with your running. Sorry to hear that your hip is bothering you though. Like @eleanorhawkins said, try stretching and walking a warm up if you don't already. I always walk to warm up and cool down too. I look forward to seeing a picture of the puppy. What bred is it?

@Laurz9191 Glad you don't have a bug infestation. So sorry to hear that you and your family are so sick. I hope you get well quickly!

@tarun_yadavA Glad to see you felt like getting out for a run today. Be careful in that ice. Loved your comment above the run stats. :lol: I have a friend who lives near London. She said her daughter and grandson got caught in that snow/ice storm on the road and had to spend the night in their car. Thankfully, they were okay and the little one thought it was great fun.

@eleanorhawkins I love that story. So sweet it made me cry. You are awesome.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Welcome @autobahn66! I think our loved ones being sick of us talking running is the reason many of us are here! Plus it's a great support system and everyone inspires me so! If I'm feeling lazy, I just come here and read about everyone's runs and that gets me out the door.

Beautiful picture but it looks so cold! I had the pleasure of visiting Scotland last year but it was in late May/early June - no snow on the ground! Be careful out there!
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

I agree!

I've even been known to argue with myself...

...and I bet you win every one!!!!
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Good to have you here, @autobahn66!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome @autobahn66 ! Beautiful picture of your running spot! Looks like you are doing great at reaching your goal. Like the others, we love this site for the support and everyone wants to hear about your running!

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo You did great on your race. The prerace logistics seem difficult. The sort of thing they should fix if they do this race again.