December 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Wow a 15 minute PR is huge! I definitely see a BQ in your future if you want it. I love that your family was able to do the race with you too. It makes a race into a family memory. I love it when I have family members run races with me.

@tarun_yadavA Snow is pretty to look at but not my favorite to be in. I like it from the window.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Great race!!!! 15 minutes better than your previous best is awesome!!!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,869 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!! Yes it was very special to have 3 family members run it with me. It was the 1st marathon for all of them, so everybody got a PR on Sunday :)
    And my son texted me this morning that he is going to start training and wants me to run the Austin 5K with him this February :)<3:)

Austin in Feb is hit or miss. Might look like London. Lol
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,040 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 5K @Fit2btied2016 . Sounds like you have caught the running bug!

Just caught up on the thread. Thanks so much to everyone for the kudos on my race.

Congratulations on your first place win on your 5K too! @kgirlhart ! Excellent time. It's great that you and the lady motivated each other.

@Teresa502 You did great with your run on Saturday. Which park did you run in?

@Laurz9191 That's a beautiful picture of the Christmas trees. We used to cut down our own out of our field when I was little. They smell soooo good. Sorry to hear that the family is sick. I hope you all feel better soon!

@AlphaHowls Hugs to you. Do you get SADD? I think we all do to some extent. My dad would get it pretty badly, even though it was never diagnosed as such.

@Scott6255 Sorry you didn't BQ this time, but hitting your goal pace AND getting a 15 min PR is AMAZING! Love your family photo too.

@Tramboman One of my most vivid Christmas memories was waking up one morning and seeing a ton of little insects running all over the living room. Apparently a praying mantis egg sac had been hiding in the Christmas tree and they had hatched out after getting heated up in the house. It took us forever to get them all out of the house.

@tarun_yadavA Wow. I guess I didn't realize it snowed that much in London. It's beautiful.

@Scott6255 So awesome that your son is catching the running bug too!

@martaindale I'm glad that your plan is working and you are able to run without any pain. You're doing great!

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @quilteryoyo great that you found a local shop to fix your tire, and they were fast and inexpensive! I love to find small local shops.
    @martaindale good decision on not pushing it on your Achilles. You are doing great. Race(s) will be here before you know it!