12/4: 7 miles
    12/5: 9 miles
    12/6: 6 miles
    12/8: 6.5 miles
    12/10: 12 miles
    12/11: 5 miles
    12/12: 8.9 miles
    12/14: 10 miles

Cooler and a little rainy this morning. I underdressed a bit and the rain had me shivering, so I ran through my first walk break to warm up a bit. Then did the 1 mile run, 0.5 mile walk until the last interval. By then the wind had picked up quite a bit and I was getting chilly again so I ran the last 2.5 miles straight through. My Achilles basically feels normal and I could probably just do these runs continuously but I’m just not going to push it.
    I went to the sports medicine guy today too. He did some acupuncture on the right calf since it is still getting really tight. I’ve never had acupuncture before. He says it works well to get deeper muscles to release. My calf is pretty sore right now so hopefully it works out tomorrow before I need to run.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @martaindale Thanks. I heard a lot of people talking about the logistics, so I, too, hope that is something they fix before next year. It is planned to be an annual race around the anniversary of the Space Force being formed, so second weekend in Dec. I'm glad your Achilles is feeling normal, but I'm with you and wouldn't push it too much before your races. You did great running in a cool rain. I'm just not good at that kind of weather. I hope the acupuncture works and the calf feels amazing in the morning for your run.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    December Goal: 100 Miles

12/1: 5.26 miles
    12/4: 11.01 miles
    12/5: 5.15 miles
    12/6: 5.26 miles
    12/8: 5.51 miles
    12/10:1.01 miles (warm-up)
    12/10: 3.25 miles (Wags and Wiskers 5K) - 1st place overall female
    12/11: 6.25 miles
    12/12: 5.26 miles
    12/14: 5.26 miles

47.96/100 miles completed for December

There were thunderstorms yesterday when I got up, so I was really glad that I ran on Monday. Today the weather was really nice. It was a little chilly, but not too cold and not windy. I ran 5 miles. I would have liked to run longer, but I had to go home and get ready for work. Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be close to freezing. At least it should be dry. Cold is really not my favorite.

exercise.png

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Getting back into the swing of things.
    Got in 5.
    jk6nqjm7lydi.png
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on ur races and accomplishments!!! @Scott6255, @quilteryoyo, @kgirlhart, and @Fit2btied2016

I got out this morning for a much more icy run than I was expecting. We're in a real cold snap & it's been lovely & crispy & bright mostly so I'd been feeling a bit guilt for not going out earlier in the week, But it was treacherous. I was weaving between the grass verges and the center of the road, managed not to fall but Dakota took a little dive. Lucky he didn't bring me down with him. Enjoyed it though.

04/12 2.37 miles
    07/12 2.38 miles
    08/12 2.38 miles
    09/12 2.24 miles
    15/12 2.51 miles

Total 11.88 miles

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great job getting out for your run yesterday @kgirlhart ! I hope it isn't too cold for you today.

Great running @tarun_yadavA . So glad you are feeling better.

Thanks @Mari33a . Be careful on that ice. I'm glad you didn't fall when Dakota did and hope he didn't hurt himself.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo loved your report, the race sounds cool but yes, they sure need to get their organizational act together! Definitely try out the Oreos :-)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo that was a GREAT race report (puts my single paragraph to shame)! With those temps and humidity, no wonder half of the people were walking or run/walking. The hanger and bling are very cool!
    Great job again on your race! Sounds like this could be an annual thing :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,901 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo finally got a nice quiet moment to read your race report and check out all your photos today! What an awesome experience. The "robotic dogs" you saw are one of the projects I work on. We call them "spot". Can totally sympathize with the losing the car thing. I have quite vivid traumatic experience remembering when I was a small child and we went to the World's Fair in NY I think. We seemed to walk miles and miles trying to find the car after we were done and I was already one pooped out little kid. Fun that you had the photo to help you and your remembered it!

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN on a great race and adventure!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,901 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 interesting about the distance being more due to weaving.
    Congratulations on not only finishing but a 15 minute PR! wow. And you don't seem to have a lot of post race issues so I am guessing that your training plan was SPOT on!

I bet that was the same with V's 10 miler. Question - is your whole family wearing the same brand of footwear? 🧐
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo A great race report to go along with a great race!!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Thanks @eleanorhawkins . I am going to try to oreos. I would be so happy if they were my go to snack when running. :wink:

Thanks @Laurz9191 .

@Scott6255 Thanks. This was supposed to be the first of an annual event. I hope to do it again next year, if they do have it...but hope they improve the pre-race logistics a bit. That was a long way to walk and wait before the race started.

@SummerSkier Thanks. It's awesome that you work on "spot." They were so cool to see. Are you military? I probably should know that already. Yes, when you are already tired, "losing" the car isn't fun.

Thanks @Tramboman !

Mom had a dentist appointment this morning. Afterwards, we finished up our Christmas shopping, for the most part. I was tired and had other things to do after I got home, so just walked a mile on the driveway. It has been cold and rainy this morning, but was sunny and 50F when we got home. I couldn't "waste" that nice of a day.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @quilteryoyo U are an inspiration!
    I got an e-mail with official race pictures this afternoon. My favorites are under the spoiler.
    zdpcgfk5nxz4.jpg
    Water walk break.

mf50ax9ddatm.jpg
    Being silly for the camera. The photographer loved it.

9lko5ktzzn9d.jpg
    Home stretch. You can really see how hot I was.

qdnc0n7716a8.jpg
    The only one where I am "flying." Both feet are barely off the ground.

6zujkwcobuju.jpg
    Finish line. Another lesson learned - if pictures are being taken, look up at the finish line, not down at my watch. Plus, I think I look like I'm about to trip over my own two feet.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    December Goal: 100 Miles

12/1: 5.26 miles
    12/4: 11.01 miles
    12/5: 5.15 miles
    12/6: 5.26 miles
    12/8: 5.51 miles
    12/10:1.01 miles (warm-up)
    12/10: 3.25 miles (Wags and Wiskers 5K) - 1st place overall female
    12/11: 6.25 miles
    12/12: 5.26 miles
    12/14: 5.26 miles
    12/15: 5.50 miles

58.72/100 miles completed for December

It was definitely cold this morning. But I still had a nice 5.5 mile run. Yesterday I hit 2000 miles for Run the Year. I am including all of my steps in that, not just running. It's still challenging for me though. And I am excited that I should hit 2022 in a few days.

Thanks @mari33a! I'm glad you didn't fall.

Great race report @quilteryoyo. You did great and I love the medal. And those are some really good race photos!

exercise.png

• tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Morning all.
    Got in another 5! So so over this weather here
    25exf544cioc.png
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @Mari33a .

Thanks @kgirlhart . Congratulations on making it to 2000 miles for the year. Looking forward to see you hit that 2022 soon! You are doing awesome.

@tarun_yadavA You did great getting out and running in those conditions. I'm glad you didn't fall! Is it supposed to clear up soon?
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Hello! Thanks... Didn't injure myself. Rain forecast this weekend. That should melt it all away