December 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Your race photos look great. Mine always look like I'm melting or mad, even when I'm having a good race. I'm really going to try for some good on-course photos during Dopey. Anything that doesn't make me look miserable.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    I got an e-mail with official race pictures this afternoon. My favorites are under the spoiler.
    zdpcgfk5nxz4.jpg
    Water walk break.

mf50ax9ddatm.jpg
    Being silly for the camera. The photographer loved it.

9lko5ktzzn9d.jpg
    Home stretch. You can really see how hot I was.

qdnc0n7716a8.jpg
    The only one where I am "flying." Both feet are barely off the ground.

6zujkwcobuju.jpg
    Finish line. Another lesson learned - if pictures are being taken, look up at the finish line, not down at my watch. Plus, I think I look like I'm about to trip over my own two feet. LOL

I was always afraid I'd trip over the timing mechanism.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    December Goal: 100 Miles

12/1: 5.26 miles
    12/4: 11.01 miles
    12/5: 5.15 miles
    12/6: 5.26 miles
    12/8: 5.51 miles
    12/10:1.01 miles (warm-up)
    12/10: 3.25 miles (Wags and Wiskers 5K) - 1st place overall female
    12/11: 6.25 miles
    12/12: 5.26 miles
    12/14: 5.26 miles
    12/15: 5.50 miles

58.72/100 miles completed for December

It was definitely cold this morning. But I still had a nice 5.5 mile run. Yesterday I hit 2000 miles for Run the Year. I am including all of my steps in that, not just running. It's still challenging for me though. And I am excited that I should hit 2022 in a few days.

Thanks @mari33a! I'm glad you didn't fall.

Great race report @quilteryoyo. You did great and I love the medal. And those are some really good race photos!

exercise.png

Outstanding!!!!!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    That's awesome @kgirlhart that you will RTY!

I did a sleasy 3 miles on the treadmill this evening. Nothing hurt and it felt good 😊

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Glad you weren't injured @tarun_yadavA . Sometimes "catching" yourself from falling makes you twist in weird ways. Also glad to here is should clear up soon.

@martaindale I hope you get a lot of great photos. The only photographer I actually saw was the one where I was acting silly and the one that took my photo with the lighthouse in the background. Didn't even think about one at the finish line or I would have been looking up and cheering the fact that I was done. LOL So glad to read that your calf wasn't sore and you were able to run 6.1 miles this morning without even a twinge! We're going to have a really cold Christmas too. Not sure I am as happy about it as you are, even though if we get some snow, that would be nice.

@Tramboman Wouldn't that be the pits!

Great recovery run @Scott6255 ! Glad nothing hurt.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Congratulations @Fit2btied2016 ! You are doing great and glad you have such a "nice" massage lady. Good luck getting your puppy today. You'll have to post pictures for us.

@Mari33a Nice run. Love the pictures. In the second one it looks like your pup is questioning your sanity. LOL
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Congratulations @Teresa502 ! I didn't realize the Pioneer 5-Miler was today. I guess I need to keep up to date better. But, I probably wouldn't have run it anyway. It was a cold one today with the wind. You did fantastic!!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Great job on your race @Teresa502! Congrats on the 3rd place finish. You haven't lost a step in 2 years 😁
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! 😊
    Happy Sunday! 😊
    Got in a 6 this morning
    zg55m41rccpz.png

@martaindale - awesome, Sarah! Saw the 16Miler on Strava πŸ™Œ. Glad no pains or niggles.
    @AlphaHowls - you're just, wow! Well done on being well ahead of schedule
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @kgirlhart for reaching 2022 miles! Your consistency always inspires me!