WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    (((BARBIE))) ~ Thanks for your leadership! <3

Katla ~ So very happy for your move to a close by apartment! I think you will be so much happier! :)

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie...

Heather I have a plaque in my home that states my all your weeds be wildflowers. Now when I see what others call weeds I realize it shows that the soil is more healthy. When a lawn looks like a golf course it means they are using chemicals. Someone approached my sister about building a golf course on their land as a way to attract more buyers to their lots. They turned them down flat. The land has a number of natural springs and they knew how badly the golf course would pollute them. I try to keep DrewB off lawns where I can tell they use chemicals. You could tell your association we have quit using these chemicals for their and their pets health. It also protects the bees and other pollinators.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Thank you Barbie! Always love the clean slate of a new month.

My goals for November were:
    ✅ - Be lighter: I was 164 on the first of October and 154 this morning. Still don't recommend how it's coming off, but I'm nearer to my goal than I've been in well over a decade. Eventually, I hope to settle down into a maintenance weight of 145 to 150, but am not setting a time goal.
    ✅- Be healthier: My annoyingly incremental health progress is finally beginning to show some results. Lots of symptoms have diminished, if not disappeared. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I can see the edge of the treeline!
    ✅- Stick to the budget: Yes, indeedy, we did. However, the biggest temptation of all has just opened up. Will explain later...

Pleased to have met my goals for November, and really enjoyed the gratitude list! I need to start a gratitude journal again, it helps me maintain my equilibrium when life gets a little hard.

My first two goals for December will be the same, but it's possible we're going to blow the third one wide open. I will share more later, I promise.

I woke up from a dream I was helping the Masterharper recover from his heart attack, while my fire lizards circled my head... If you know the Dragonriders of Pern series, you'll know the reference. One of my absolute favorite sci-fi/fantasy many-book series. There were 18 or 20 books in the end before Anne McCaffrey died and her son took over. I've read them all many, many times. Not lately, though, and not sure what sparked it.

Hope everyone's day/is was lovely, and welcome to December!

Much love to all,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Options

Good morning ladies!

Thank you Barbie!

Katla I'm so happy for you, to be near your DH again. Wonderful!

I lost one of my paper bills. I simply must restore order in my room. The task is overwhelming.

On the happy side, I got new socks and underwear from Amazon on Black Friday. I wasn't sure about ordering clothes online, but they are marvelous. 😊

Today is a great day for excellent diet and exercise!

Annie in Delaware

• 1948CWB
    Options
    LISA ~ Congrats on your weight loss!

As most of you know, Georgia has milder winters than many of our Northern neigbors. I just got my gas heating bill and it was more than $20 more than it was in Nov of last year. Making me wonder what it will be during Jan and Feb. :/

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,219 Member
    Options
    Go for it Lisa! You can let it to nice people and get an income. It's an investment! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Had a nice lunch with G. She came on the early train. :D
    I had hake in caper sauce, as usual, with a bit of salad and a few boiled potatoes. She had fish and chips. I had a small glass of white wine.
    Afterwards we went up to M&S and I bought some gluten free millionaire's shortbread for Edie if she comes to do the tree.
    I saw a beautiful black, sparkly skirt, perfect for cruises, which G also loved, but they had completely sold out!!!!
    Then I came back on the bus and stopped off in the Mediterranean shop to buy my favourite frozen artichoke hearts, plus some stuffed olives for Saturday when our guests arrive. 😋 I have some posh crisps in the cupboard.
    Got back to find that DH had trimmed the lilac tree and put up the two new bird feeders. One for seeds and one for peanuts. They are designed to be squirrel proof, as we have some very determined and clever squirrels!

My chilli tonight, from the freezer. Lovely salsa with avocado, crême fraiche, and a wild rice combo mix.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Yeah katla!!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I thought I would begin the move to be closer to DH very soon. I will make the move, but it will likely be a week or so longer than I first thought. I am hoping it won’t take too long. 🤞🏻
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Lanette - I use Amazon all the time, but don't do any 'Subscribe and Save'. Never have. The only thing that annoys me at the moment, is that sometimes things arrive early, when you ordered them for a day you knew you were going to be in. Plus they are now in the habit of not bothering to ring the doorbell. Grrrr! I just get an email to say it's delivered. It's lurking by the bins. :#
    But, to be honest, it really is amazing, even though I know the working conditions are appalling. I just can't resist the convenience, I'm afraid. I feel bad about it, but not bad enough to stop. >:) 5 things arrived today, including stuff that I would never find locally.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    Options

Welcome to new posters who have found this great thread! Please keep coming ahd please share a name/living area we can keep you in mind.

Lanette ~ I just ordered 3 Christmas gifts for son's family from Amazon. I have realized that somehow the prices are a bit higher than if I had gone out in public to shop, but, I think some of that is to make up for their free shipping to Prime Members. I absolutely hate going to stores to shop (except for groceries) so this is something I will continue to do. My problem at the moment is that I returned a couple of items and since I got the Prime Visa Chase card, I don't know how the bank handles returning the money to my account.

Lisa ~ Buying the run down property sounds like a great way to make your own property more valuable.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I am in my regular apartment for now. I am eager to move to the new apartment but it will take a bit longer than I imagined. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. 🤞🏻 I will call DH on the phone so we can chat. 😊
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Lisa, I know being in debt is not comfortable for you and Corey, but that piece of property would be such a great investment in your future. Whether you rent it, set it up for your DD and family to visit, or just tear it down and ensure that you don't have such yucky neighbors.

smiles Kim