WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Please post the recipe for your stuffing balls. They look yummy!

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Annie - I've read every Agatha Raisin book by MC Beaton at least twice. It's almost time to read them a third time, lol. Same with Beaton's Hamish MacBeth series.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU MACHKA!!! It was truly wonderful to reflect all month long! I had to put some thought into all of those! And I'm in to do it again. I will try my best to use DIFFERENT answers this month, since some of the questions are the same.
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? my grandchildren and my dog!
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. giving
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? my hair is incredibly easy to take care of

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Carol - I haven't tasted them yet! They were quite a bother to mold together, but otherwise easy enough. I forgot to chop the dried cranberries. I aimed to make 16-18 and added more ingredients to do so, but only managed to get 14. My son says 8 are for him and we can have one each! :p This is the recipe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/gluten-free_stuffing_57943

DH is making dinner tonight. Because we were expecting his sister and boyfriend I hadn't got a meal in mind because we were going to the Persian restaurant. He is going to make his signature chicken stew. I can smell it cooking now. :D
    I proposed going to the restaurant onTuesday evening instead, after our Bea pick up. It's really near their house and we can call in on the boutique brewery on the way! :p I think it is so important to have a 'date' now and then. We love it. But I hate dragging myself out in these cold nights. This way we will be on our way home anyway. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    :)Annie, Have you checked with your local public library? My library has two audio book services that allow me to check out and download audio books for 21 days to listen to on my computer or my phone.

:)<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? Levi (my dog) and you all, so often something makes me chuckle that one of you have posted.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. decorations
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? I'm grateful for my strength

Smiles Kim in N. California
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    1. Something that makes me laugh - my little dog Teddy. His ears flop wildly when he bounces up the stairs!
    2. Something about the current season - a warm house. I can hear the cold wind outside but it's cozy in here.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Lisa, I hope you buy the land & house. I don't think you will ever regret it. If you don't buy it, on the other hand...

Lanette, I bought a dog supplement from Amazon, and the package was sealed too close to the seam, so the seam split and the item was missing. I received an empty package. I asked for a replacement. I explained that there was no item to send back for replacement, that it was missing, but nonetheless, they charged my account for another bottle because I didn't send the original one back. I don't believe I still have the original packaging, but I did take a picture of it. It's a hassle I don't want to deal with. Also, I have had some delayed deliveries, very atypical for Amazon in the past.

Barbara, I love the name you chose for your Roomba.

___

I was given a leather recliner from a Buy Nothing group member for my brother's apartment! So now he will be able to have a guest over to watch TV with him or eat dinner. Now we just need a side table and small corner display cabinet and he will be pretty much set. Maybe another floor lamp. It's coming along. Today we will go to a tasting at the Leek & Thistle down the street from his apartment to see if their delivered food will be a possibility for some of his meals. Looking forward to it.

___

Thanks, Barbie, for the link to the new month.

______

Love, Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well I got a load of laundry done and got dressed and am watching Christmas movies on TV..
    Trying to get a grocery list together and i have a big honkin Yeti full of cranberry juice and im under the covers.. will take a snooze in a bit and see if I can bliw this cold out..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for?
    5 What is a book that changed your life?
    6 Think about something you’re good at.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned?
    8 A basic need that has been met.
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live?
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

79whfzge4c24.jpeg

December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.

2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!

3. Offer to help someone who is having difficulty at the moment. TBD

RvRita
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Karen, I love the name of the shop Leek and Thistle.... so googled it, if items are as good in real life as they sound, its a winner... and the pricing is good! fingers crossed that it turns out to be so good. Who knows they might be willing to have a spot with some of DB's art work for sale... Or trade for one of their gift cards.

kim in N. California
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? Robin Williams movies.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. Very grateful for the cool fall weather and the lovely rains.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? I am grateful for my hair. It's a pretty color and has body/wave. I never have to fuss with it.
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for?
    5 What is a book that changed your life?
    6 Think about something you’re good at.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned?
    8 A basic need that has been met.
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live?
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Karen in Virginia
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My grandchildren!
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. Being able to Christmas shop online.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My blue eyes!

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    3. What about my body am I grateful for? That my digestion is better than my mother's. I have fewer problems and I can eat more things.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options