WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Lisa - my two cents worth. Our neighbor across the street had an empty lot next to him. He used the edge of that lot for access to his shop and the back of his property. The owner decided to sell and our neighbor thought it was too expensive so he passed. The people who bought it built their house as close to his as they could with proper lot setbacks, etc. He kicks himself every day for not buying it.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Good point Okie we bought the lot next to our house just so nobody could build a multi unit. We just sold it for double our money to a nice young man that is fixing it up for his family. The house next to yours, Lisa is way too close not to try to have a say about it’s future.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Machka - Nice drawings! I'm hopeless at anything with my left hand, but my brother is left-handed. Today is our watercolour day, after lunch. Not sure what style to go for. <3 Might try a wash with some impressionist strokes on the top.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I haven't decorated a thing.. I might put my tree up tomorrow. But just not feeling it this year..
    Im over with Miles this morning and got him down for a nap already..he was up at 4 am
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Starting work on my Snow Village this weekend. SUCH a project. It's my "tree". I'll post pix. Have a great Friday.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Friday afternoon --

After the ride and lunch, I went out and weeded most of a garden bed. That bed is going to need a lot of digging to get it ready for something to go in there. I did a bit, but it needs more.

We also did a bit more tidying in the office room so that I think the keyboard will fit in there for now ... for the Christmas season.

I have another small table I'd like to move in there as well.

Once that's done, it won't take too much of an adjustment to fit the tree in.

And we brought up one large bin of Christmas decorations. :)

Machka in Oz

• healthysmrs
    healthysmrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello Thank you for ALL the Welcomes. 🌷 Sitting here sipping on my coffee. Over the years I’ve gone from 2 tbs to 2 tea to 1 tea of honey in my 2 cups. Not the same taste but more healthy.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends!

Not much news here. A few errands to do today, and some cleaning. If I could just get rid of the empty bags and boxes, that would be a good start. I'm a little nervous about tipping over the pile of books, but it probably wouldn't hurt anything anyway.

Another great day to be our best selves with optimal diet and exercise. I will walk 30 mins today.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I expected to get organized to move to the apartment close to DH, but there has been no followthrough from our daughter so far. I hoped to be nearby DH by now. I hope DD will follow through soon. At the very least I would like to visit DH. 🤞🏻 🙏🏻
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies!

Lisa - congrats on your weight loss and health improvements last month and add me to the list of folks saying "go for it" - for all the reasons mentioned. ;)

Tracey - those snow capped ornaments are gorgeous. Good luck at the craft fair and hope you do a booming business.

Debbie - glad your body scan came out OK. Have a good time with your mom, sounds busy.

Barbara - I loved that photo of your doggies lying together, one's paw over the other. That's a picture to keep in your mind forever. <3

Barbie - I think you and Jake continuing to remain isolated is a smart idea.

Next door neighbor couple, still sick since Thanksgiving. Turn down my offer to shop for them, saying they have plenty of food and husband feeling better and will be able to shop soon, which is fine. Makes me grateful that when DH was alive, I stayed fairly isolated and took care to not be around germy people and bring something nasty home to him. Now seeing what the neighbors are going through - both ill, trying to care for each other with the state of overloaded ER and Urgent Cares especially these days, I think it was a wise choice.

When I became ill with Covid last September, I had plenty of folks ready to do shopping trips, bring over food, etc. for me. I realize when there's a couple involved, the unknowing and panic can be overwhelming when one or both are already in fragile condition, and refusing medical care no matter what the state of medical facilities. Stress of illness X stress of concern over loved one can be overwhelming. It would have been that way at my house.

Heather and Barbie and others of you who listen to/watch Dr. Rangan Chatterjee, I am watching a YouTube presentation of his interview with Dr. William Li who wrote Eat to Beat Disease. One of the best I've seen so far. It's long but Dr. Li presents information about healthy food in ways I'd hadn't considered before. I have the book on order from the library. Here's a link to the presentation:
    Making fires in the woodstove with this new wood have been a little challenging. I've probably built thousands of fires in woodstoves in my life, but every year there seems to be quirks. I've gotten them going OK, but it's taken a lot of poking and feeding in extra kindling and fatwood I didn't have to do in the past. The wood isn't wet, just can't get the hot spot going quick enough to suit me, lol. I'm accessing my "DH would have suggested I do ____ " part of my brain. :) Have some new ideas for tomorrow morning. I love a challenge!

My walking buddy pulled a muscle in her back vacuuming before Thanksgiving and it was not healing. She went to the doctor on Monday, he put her on steroids and muscle relaxers and she's doing better. I got an email from her on Tuesday morning -the weather fairly nice, not raining and road wasn't slick - wondering if we'd be able to walk again and how walking was so good for her back. Well, I told her I was babysitting the fire so couldn't leave the house. I've suggested to her many times, "why not walk alone since I can't make it?" and that suggestion gets ignored.

As we've discussed before, there are so many joys in walking alone. Yes, it's nice to have company - especially when walking in new areas or unsafe spaces where buddies are important for safety. I love my alone walks because I can stop and study a plant, listen to a bird, just survey the beautiful green trees and landscape in solitude; it's so energizing for me.

Next time we do walk together, I'm going to ask her in a kind way what prevents her from going out and getting some fresh air and cardio if I'm not available? I'm curious. She might have a good reason, or maybe she's never thought about it.

Make it a wonderful day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    So its 7 am and I am up, faced washed, and dirty hair back. A couple more days I can take a shower. My incisions are feeling itchy! (Good sign I suppose).
    Reason up? Dreamt the world's atmosphere was too toxic, and all the charts were so dismal! I was a bit panicky about it! Silly things our minds.
    Sipping coffee my abdomen relaxed.
    Today out hopefully to find Athena's present, and brownie mix for eldest sons box. Treating myself to some muchi at the Asian market.
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Barbie ... thank you for the new month!

Lisa ... If you can manage the new debt, get that property AND burn the house down. I try to never ignore my instinct/gut.

Katla ... I am glad you will soon be living close to your husband!

Rebecca ... rest quietly and heal quickly ...

My November goal was to be lighter at the end of the month than I was at the beginning of the month. I lost two pounds which is in keeping with my 1/2 pound loss per week goal. December goals will be the same.

Beth near Buffalo

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)