WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,224 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - It was sweet of you to ask about the cards <3 If you can find a way to message me on here with your email address, I can send you the photos I took for you to do what you want with. I do think, though, that it would be great if you could do something similar yourself. You could copy mine if you need ideas, but all you really need is good watercolour paper and a child's paint hox. Plus a bigger brush than usual. I had never tried that kind of thing before, so I'm sure you can produce something worthy of a card. :D We had some lovely robins on some wrapping paper, which I might experiment with. And I'm going to do some more spring flowers in card ratios. It's great to have fun.
    This week our painting session will be on our own, but next Tuesday all the kids are joining us. :o:p

DH asked me to join him on his afternoon walk today, so I went out with him down to the sea. Beautiful sunny day! The tide was in and big brown waves were pounding the sea wall. We caught some spray. I love the sound of the waves on the pebbles. Loads of people on their Boxing Day stroll.

I'm going to watch a film I recorded last week, Shiva Baby, while DH goes into the other room to watch football.
    Then tonight is a Christmas special of Death In Paradise. :p

Skate for dinner. Yum.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Lanette, I loved the cat picture in your spoiler. I texted it to Jake and he howled with laughter.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Barbie - I know. First thing my cat did when she decided to come back in the house was to take over MY recliner! Darn cats. Glad Jake enjoyed it - I could hear my DH laughing too.

Looks like Earl should have stayed in the manger, lol:
    vvqwn2ieyci7.png

Annie - so glad your dad didn't go out for midnight Mass. I'm ready to get back to "normal" routine too. Good luck with that shoulder. :)

Did I mention I checked out "Farmers Only" the match up group this fall? I was missing the farm and wondering if any widowed Kevin Costner types that lived close by were looking for a friend to help them feed chickens, lol. Well, all of a sudden my email is filled with photos of hairy old geezers with fishing rods, beer bellies, working out at the gym hoping to find that 40 year old body that left them 30 years ago, etc. Probably nurse/purse seekers.

Thing is, I didn't put in anything about me. I unsubbed (though I never really signed up) and blocked that site. Good gravy. :D

I am hoping they have either Slimfast or Metrical (remember that?) :D at the brunch this morning.

Lanette B)
    Warm and soggy SW WA State

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE THEY ARE!!! That's where balls are supposed to be Allie!

26 A TV show that you look forward to watching: Blue Bloods... we just love it!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Well my dad bought himself a fitness watch that needs an Android smartphone. His cell phone is only a simple cell phone. So he wants me to make it work with his Fire tablet, or Windows computer. Not gonna happen. I've tried four times to tell him so, but he only listens to me when it's good news. This is not my favorite part of Christmas.

Meanwhile my sister sent my mom a lap robe with a letter from her embroidered on it. It made Mom weepy.

I had a second cup of tea, and next up is some exercise!

Annie in Delaware
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    💕
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,858 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Quiet Christmas for me. Talked to my son for 2 hours last night. He was alone so called us. Talked to middle daughter during the day by accident. My Subaru’s radio is acting all weird right now. If I connect my phone, the radio randomly dials people, changes radio stations, and other weird stuff. Car dialed my DMD 6 times! Lol so, I had to call her for real and apologize, LOL. Did have a nice conversation with her though.

DH is making lamb for dinner which is about all we are doing for Christmas. Heard from friends and relatives this morning, so nice day overall. Plus, 2 days ago it was 19 degrees in the middle of the day, yesterday was 40, today is already 50!

Merry Christmas to all!

RVRita

Rita - :p Considering where you live, it's not surprising that your radio and phone are inexplicably acting up. I think I saw this on X-Files!

Be on the lookout for the Men in Black :)

Seriously, this is intriguing. ;) I miss Art Bell.

Lanette B)

Exactly! Lol👽🤖👾🛸 RVRita

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,858 Member
    Options
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? Losing my job at the print shop. It allowed me to take early retirement, buy this camper after selling my house and travel!
    11 Something you use every day. My phone. I know I know, but like others, everything is on it!
    12 Something you don’t need anymore. A big house
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home: My bedroom
    14 Item of clothing—The coat I bought last January in TN
    December 15 Taste—sweets!
    December 16 Touch—The loving touches from my fur babies!
    December 17 Smell ——Baking bread
    December 18 Sound—birds singing
    December 19Sight —-Snow on the mountains (but not where I am! Lol)
    December 20 Texture—-The soft skin of a baby
    December 21 Color—Sky blue
    December 22 A song that makes you happy.—-Rock Around the Christmas Tree
    December 23 Type of weather you love. Sunshine and about 75 degrees
    December 24 —Professional who helps you. My therapist
    December 25 . Something you take for granted. The love of my family
    December 26 A TV show that you look forward to watching. The Simpson
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    December 10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    December 11. Buy an extra item and donate it to a local food bank.
    December 12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love, or kindness today!
    December 13. See how many different people you can smile at today.
    December 14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one
    December 15. Contact an elderly neighbor and brighten up their day.
    December 16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you speak to.
    December 17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you!
    December 18. Ask for help and let someone else discover the joy of giving.
    December 19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated. - Going to cal my Uncle
    December 20. Help others by giving away something that you don’t need
    December 21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you!
    December 22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.
    December 23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness.
    December 24.Bring joy to others. Share something which made you laugh.
    December 25. Treat everyone with kindness today, including yourself!
    December 26. Get outside. Pick up litter or do something kind for nature. We give breadcrumbs to the Southern Meadowlarks that come around our RV every winter. And we pick up litter every day!

RVRita in NM
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) We are so fortunate here. Two days ago it was fourteen degrees with many inches of snow. This morning it is 44 degrees and the snow is nearly gone. I set my boots with YakTrax aside and returned to regular winter walking shoes I'll walk by myself this morning before dawn and then with my Sunday walking friend at 9:30. I finished listening to "A Christmas Carol" and am now listening to "A Child's Christmas in Wales". I hope you will all be safe today.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

...narrated by the author himself? I cherish that recording. <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    23 Type of weather you love. Warm, warm, warm.
    24 Professional who helps you. Brian the miracle-working physical therapist.

Belated welcome @Highmtnlady68!
    Rebecca, thought of you yesterday as I balanced the checking account to the penny. So satisfying! Was a bit of a struggle due headache from whatever bug is trying to get me down ;} Now on to reconciling and paying the Visa bill :astonished: love your and Barbie’s snow pics.
    Rita your “snow on the mountains (but not where I am)” gratitude made me LOL too. Ditto in spades.
    Lisa thanks but no history of anemia. Think the fatigue was precursor to whatever bug got me Thursday night. Flaming sore throat, earache and “stupid head” since then. Spent yesterday and today in bathrobe. Joe is relieved there will be no holiday dinner ;} If the fatigue persists after the bug departs will definitely ask the doc to test. Thanks for thinking of me! :love: the pics of sleeping grands after “accidental” hike ;)

Still skimmin’ only through pg 48 but head is pounding so it’s back to bed with an aspirin.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    December: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Yay! You are officially in the " penny pal club" lol! And with a headache too, that's commendable!
    I looked at the register since we had $130 left last Thursday, and we spent $220! I had a list too! I was buying extra because it was snowy outside, plus I did the "I deserve this" when I was reasoning with my mind if I should get it or not. The deserving thoughts won ever blasted time! It didn't help that husband was buying too!
    I banish your headache, "mumbling some weird incantation*..... 😜🙃🤗🎶🎵🎵🎶
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Rori--What a great friend you are.
    Kylia--Great to see you post. Missed you.
    Beth--Glad you are safe and warm. The weather this year is nasty. We have finally gotten about 0. But the wind just keep blowing.
    Carol--Sorry to hear of your family's loss.
    Beth--I think you said it just fine. Debbie deserves to be treated well all the time. We all do.
    Been a nice weekend. Christmas eve with DOS and his family. Then church Christmas eve and Christmas day. Spent the rest of the day just relaxing and doing stuff at home. Today back to work. Next Sunday we will have Christmas with other DYS and DOD. Other 3 children live out of state and so just talked over FB yesterday and watched them open gifts.
    Weather is finally warming up starting today and next couple days. Just wish the wind would go down.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Weather is wet and windy today. We lost power for about an hour and a half this morning but it is on now. Hope it stays that way. DD is off today and we need to repair some damage to the fence of the goat pen. Don't want them visiting the neighbors.

KJ - those pictures are awesome.

Debbie and Machka - glad you are both doing well.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA