WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    ps Lisa - Great advice start now! and great job on the weight loss! Tough way to do it, but it's gone and that is a nice plus!

Kim
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Kim - Thanks, what a nice thing to say. I'm so pleased you were able to go to the neighbors for Christmas. Your New Year's bash sounds wonderful, I've never actually had fondue. And I totally get the thing with Levi. We haven't even left Egg for one night alone, and she's a cat, supposedly independent, etc. Still haven't done it, and no plans to do so...

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Belated Christmas wishes all. While on vacation with family for Christmas I took a break from most things internet. Only checked work stuff up until last Thursday am. Had lovely Christmas. Christmas Day we ate dinner on patio. I missed the big storms but came home to remnants. I was fortunate with flights. Flight out was no problem. Coming home yesterday we had a 2 hour or so departure delay. Saw many flights cancelled. Was very glad I had straight through flight. When we got to Columbus, there were rows and rows and rows of luggage in baggage area. Each airline had them organized alphabetically. I heard a woman comment "They are just taking things off the belts and not letting people get them." She didn't seem to realize that the people and the luggage just aren't arriving at the same time. So I have no complaints regarding my travels.

Flea-as others have said, Christmas is a season. And even though it has tremendous meaning to me, I really don't think they have the birthdate correctly. Celebrate with your family whenever you can-make it your special celebration.

Kylia-good to see you back. You have certainly had some interesting events this year.

Was good to see continued healing for many of you.

Beth-Buffalo is indeed having a winter to remember.

Will be giving thoughts to goals for next year. Retirement is definitely there-sometime in second half of year. My son pointed out that I am technically loosing money working. Want to go check out the five places on my list for moving into and gauge date on when selected place will be available. I would prefer to move over to Columbus when I retire (like that weekend) to aid in transition process.

Go to see youngest son and wife for Christmas tomorrow. We are doing gifts then we are going to one of his friends who does tattoos and I am getting my first tattoo. Son had gotten a penguin on his forearm, very simple, and I really liked it. We share a love of penguins. So we are doing that and a lunch.

It is early but I am feeling jet lag-going to go get a cup of tea and then head in to sleep.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Kim - glad you had a nice Christmas at the neighbor's, worked out all the way around. Totally understand how you feel leaving Levi behind. We were always the same way with our dogs. When I'd take DH to the doctor and the kids were "home alone", we couldn't wait to rush back and see the doggies.

Right after I read your post, and Lisa's about Egg, and Barbara's about not leaving their dogs alone, I opened a Christmas card from my SIL. She wrote at the bottom "I sure which you'd come back (to Indiana) and visit us."

Well, I'd love to see her and my brother and Indiana, it's been over 10 years. And more than 20 since I've been in Indiana. I might go back for a visit some day. SIL flies all over the country several times a year, but recently had a double mastectomy and is having complications (lymphedema) and is down in the dumps.

If I could get that teleporter out of the repair shop, I'd do it in a flash. No long drives or airports to mess with, no long teary good-byes when I left. No leaving Rosie and Kitty with strangers. I could take them along! :D

Guess I better figure out this zoom thing in the meantime :D

Barbara - glad you are feeling better and the fallen trees were taken care of. You get the award for best note-taking and response to posts the past several days! <3

Heather - love the photo collage. What great fun!

Tracey - wonderful family photos as well.

I know there were many more photos, I didn't take notes but enjoyed them all. I feel like you gals are a part of my extended family. <3

We lost power for an hour this morning, had fairly high winds and over 2" of rain. I think the worst is over.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Today was a very ey rainy day
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Made it through the worst of the snow and cold. Warmed to 20's today so our roads are much better. Didn't go to painting class today because too many illnesses are going around. Once I've been on my prescription Vit D longer I will rejoin.

So finally I able to get out and our garage door spring broke. I think our severe cold contributed to its snapping. I am keeping my car out minus the garage door opener and anything of value in it. Set up to fix on Friday. I am just glad it didn't break during our bitter cold!

Thinking of Flea and Beth :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Wonderful pix everyone!

OMGosh Katie... I haven't written a check in... YEARS! I know exactly what goes into my account and what comes out every, single day and month and can tell you, just about to the dollar anyway, what I have. Hubby is like you. Does whatever he can by check and register. Not because he "likes" it, but because he doesn't, IDK "trust" the online functions. I do as much as I can online. I don't have anything automatically paid except for some recurring things that are cheaper that way like our streaming service. But I pay our Amazon bill online, obviously. But I also pay our utilities online. I pay for groceries online and then hubby goes to pick them up. That way I don't impulse buy. I love that.

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

Most of our things (income and outgoing) happen automatically, and I also order my groceries online and have them delivered. I order pretty much the same things each time, except maybe at Christmas when shortbread ends up in the collection. :tongue:

Ordering online also means that I get an itemised list of what I buy so if I had the time and felt the urge, I could compare between months and years. That's also handy for my cycling club expenditures.

M in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)