Join our Jumpstart Your Health Challenge

Options

Replies

• MEP0512
    MEP0512 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So after taking medications and realizing they have contributed to my weight gain, I have decided to attack this more aggressively (with medical supervision of course). I am doing intermittent fasting with a 24 hour fast two to three times a week. I did it in steps and it has been easy. So far so good 7 pounds down this month. Slow and steady will win the race here. Lets all kill it the remainder of the week and lets lose this weight.
  • JennBuckish
    JennBuckish Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    MEP0512 wrote: »
    So after taking medications and realizing they have contributed to my weight gain, I have decided to attack this more aggressively (with medical supervision of course). I am doing intermittent fasting with a 24 hour fast two to three times a week. I did it in steps and it has been easy. So far so good 7 pounds down this month. Slow and steady will win the race here. Lets all kill it the remainder of the week and lets lose this weight.

Good job! I am also doing intermittent fasting with a 16:8 window. I have also wanted to try a 24hr fast but not sure I could do it. What are some of your tips for successfully doing it?
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Doing good today my knees are working just fine today I climbed 4 floors of steps today just to work my knees more. I have to stay active or I won't be able to lose weight.
  • faye1618
    faye1618 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I m not sur if it was this group i applied to join it said april 2021. How do i join this group please
  • jerikarau
    jerikarau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok, I’m in. This is the first day of me getting back on track, eating more mindfully and avoiding the amount and types of food that helped those pounds creep up on me.
  • Shellight
    Shellight Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SW:152.4
    Day/Weight/Comment 1st mini goal get back into the 140's
    1/14 152.4 feeling heavy but committed to changing that
    1/15 152 got a plan and am ready to implement it
    1/16 151 I got this
    1/17 149.6 Yay in the 140’s
    1/18 148.8
    1/19 148.8
    1/20 149
    1/21 147.8

Down 4.6 this week Yay me
  • Eddie_36
    Eddie_36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Eddie, and I want to learn more about intermittent fasting.
  • runeddierun
    runeddierun Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy new year. Let’s all be healthy everyone
  • nanerkay
    Options
    Shellight wrote: »
    1/16 151 I got this
    1/18 148.8
    1/19 148.8
    1/20 149
    1/21 147.8

That's awesome keep it up💪
  • nanerkay
    Options
    I weigh again in the morning hope I'm down some I've changed a lot of stuff this week. I've measured what I ate stayed until my calories but I need to start on my fat intake this week. I'm over my fat every day.
  • nanerkay
    Options
    Eddie_36 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My name is Eddie, and I want to learn more about intermittent fasting.

Go to plans they have a plan for intermittent fasting.
  • tortoise11
    tortoise11 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I'm looking for a supportive group to keep me honest.
    I keep losing and finding the same 10kg over and over. I'm now in my late 50s, busy at work (no routine or possibility of one there) and I'm finding it harder to be at a weight where I feel comfortable.
    I don't want to be pencil thin, I just want to be a bit more comfortable in myself when I exercise (which I am in a good routine with).
    I have 2 goals - get on the scales tomorrow morning AND start keeping a food record. If I'm back on here tomorrow, then I will have followed through on those :)
    Please feel free to add me.
    Wishing you all well x

• tortoise11
    tortoise11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MilwJul wrote: »
    I’m not one to make resolutions on the start of the new year but, I like the idea of making small changes that will ultimately help me become healthier,loose weight and get stronger. The small changes I’ve vowed to keep are to eliminate sugar and to work out at least 3 days per week. Two small challenges that I’ll need to focus on to make it work!

How are you finding the sugar thing? It is 100% my downfall.....
  • SymonShrooms
    SymonShrooms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    2023 will be the year I meet my goal weight.😊
  • gwilliams3400
    gwilliams3400 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I want 2023 to be the year that I focus on self-care, I lose the weight that’s been nagging at me for the past few years, and I look and feel good so I can stay active and inspired!!
  • JennBuckish
    Options
    tortoise11 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a supportive group to keep me honest.
    I keep losing and finding the same 10kg over and over. I'm now in my late 50s, busy at work (no routine or possibility of one there) and I'm finding it harder to be at a weight where I feel comfortable.
    I don't want to be pencil thin, I just want to be a bit more comfortable in myself when I exercise (which I am in a good routine with).
    I have 2 goals - get on the scales tomorrow morning AND start keeping a food record. If I'm back on here tomorrow, then I will have followed through on those :)
    Please feel free to add me.
    Wishing you all well x
    Hope you can achieve your goals!!
  • JennBuckish
    Options
    Shellight wrote: »
    1/16 151 I got this
    1/18 148.8
    1/19 148.8
    1/20 149
    1/21 147.8

Way to go!!!!
  • MEP0512
    MEP0512 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MEP0512 wrote: »

Good job! I am also doing intermittent fasting with a 16:8 window. I have also wanted to try a 24hr fast but not sure I could do it. What are some of your tips for successfully doing it?

I did it in baby steps. I did 16-8 for a week. Then i start my fast at 7 pm or 8pm. It's so much easier for me to do it around this time. Also drinks lots of water. I also keep salt handy. It works for me for some reason. Lol but you'll get there if you want. Just be safe.