Options

Replies

• nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Shellight wrote: »
    nanerkay wrote: »
    What is your ultimate health and fitness goal for 2023? fit back into my smalls/xsmalls
    What healthy habits do you want to build to help achieve your goal? epic eating plan measuring with the scoops balanced plates
    What’s the best nutrition or exercise advice you’ve learned (and still use today)? water 1st veggies most the scale and tracking
    What is your ultimate health and fitness goal for 2023? fit back into my smalls/xsmalls
    What healthy habits do you want to build to help achieve your goal? epic eating plan measuring with the scoops balanced plates
    What’s the best nutrition or exercise advice you’ve learned (and still use today)? water 1st veggies most the scale and tracking

I've never heard of a scoops balanced plates and where can I buy one?

What I am doing is Epicures perfect portion scoops. The blue scoop is for proteins it holds 1 cup, the green is for either fruits or veggies it holds a cup, the grains are in yellow and it holds a half a cup and there is a purple tbsp for you fats/oils/ dressings. So what you do is have 1 scoop of each of proteins, fruit/veg, grain and a healthy fat at each meal plus drink 8 glasses of water and exercise 30 min. for eating you only eat 3 times a day and can have about a 100 calorie/mini sized dessert as well.

Thank you so much I'm going to try this. I'll also share with my daughter who's also trying to lose weight.
  • nanerkay
    Options
    I got 2 miles off walking in today plus some housework done.
    I've not had much of a appetite today. I've been doing not caffeine and I have a headache too. My blood pressure is good today and my blood sugar was better today also. I'm so happy it's coming down and I'm starting to feel better.
  • JennBuckish
    JennBuckish Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I've not had much of a appetite today. I've been doing not caffeine and I have a headache too. My blood pressure is good today and my blood sugar was better today also. I'm so happy it's coming down and I'm starting to feel better.

Keep up the good work! What do you use to measure your blood sugar and blood pressure at home?
  • JennBuckish
    Options
    MammySher wrote: »
    I started this Plan yesterday. I charged my Fitbit and entered my food for yesterday and today. I found my favorite workout videos, which I will start today. My small change is not to eat a whole package of creakers or other unhealthy snacks. I love the idea of making a daily menu to remind me of what I will be eating. (This has worked for me in the past). My #1 goal is to live a healthier life. I feel so drained, and I need to get my energy back. I'm off to do my first video.

Way to go! Keep it up and you will get there. Small changes over time add up to big results in the long term. Small changes are also manageable. My small change is to give up sweets/anything with simple sugars for the next 6 months. I replace with some fruits and other things I can make for myself with alternative sweeteners like monkfruit and stevia.
  • JennBuckish
    Options
    This is the year I take care of myself with the support of all of you.

You can do it! Prioritize self-care so that you can show up as your best self. I am doing the same this year!
  • celestestrayhorn65
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what the premium cost is for this app
  • mrgtwhite
    mrgtwhite Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, a little slip yesterday in the eating line, but today is a new day.
  • cabresley
    cabresley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m going to try to jointhe zoom meeting at 5pm tonight. I hope I can find the link again!
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options
    cabresley wrote: »
    I’m going to try to join the zoom meeting at 5pm tonight. I hope I can find the link again!

Fantastic! You can find the link for today's webinar in the Announcement post.
  • nanerkay
    Options

Keep up the good work! What do you use to measure your blood sugar and blood pressure at home?

I use One touch ultra for my blood sugar and a maguja blood pressure monitor. My doctor prescribed the blood sugar monitor but the blood pressure monitor I bought off of Amazon.
  • nanerkay
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good day.😊 Does anyone know if this group will continue after this month? I really enjoy this group 😊
  • nanerkay
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what the premium cost is for this app

It's $19.99 a month
  • nanerkay
    Options
    MammySher wrote: »
    I started this Plan yesterday. I charged my Fitbit and entered my food for yesterday and today. I found my favorite workout videos, which I will start today. My small change is not to eat a whole package of creakers or other unhealthy snacks. I love the idea of making a daily menu to remind me of what I will be eating. (This has worked for me in the past). My #1 goal is to live a healthier life. I feel so drained, and I need to get my energy back. I'm off to do my first video.

Way to go! Keep it up and you will get there. Small changes over time add up to big results in the long term. Small changes are also manageable. My small change is to give up sweets/anything with simple sugars for the next 6 months. I replace with some fruits and other things I can make for myself with alternative sweeteners like monkfruit and stevia.

I can understand eating a whole package of crackers I do that sometimes I know it unhealthy for me and I've had a few losses but I'm really trying to do before. If I can do this so can you little changes at a time. For some reason I don't know I've been craving peanut butter all week. I got stop eating so much peanut 🤷
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,462 Member
    Options
    Lost a few ounces this week. Still struggling with exercise and finding a happy space where the next day my back doesn't hurt so much that I can barely walk.
  • JennBuckish
    Options
    mrgtwhite wrote: »
    Well, a little slip yesterday in the eating line, but today is a new day.

That's the right attitude.
  • JennBuckish
    Options
    Kurtize wrote: »
    Lost a few ounces this week. Still struggling with exercise and finding a happy space where the next day my back doesn't hurt so much that I can barely walk.

The exercise is my struggle as well but I'm going to keep trying too :smile:
  • JennBuckish
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good day.😊 Does anyone know if this group will continue after this month? I really enjoy this group 😊

I hope it does too .. even though I don't have the answer.
  • JennBuckish
    Options

I use One touch ultra for my blood sugar and a maguja blood pressure monitor. My doctor prescribed the blood sugar monitor but the blood pressure monitor I bought off of Amazon.

Thank you very much. I am going to source them for myself.
  • Rajayi1975
    Rajayi1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Let’s go