Join our Jumpstart Your Health Challenge

Replies

• JennBuckish
    JennBuckish Posts: 38 Member
    CvssvndrvG wrote: »
    I am confident enough to say that WE CAN accomplish any and everything we set out minds to. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember and I think it is about time we set excuses a side and DO THIS THING!! I love the idea of creating a chat in order to motivate one another.. I know how hard it may be but with this challenge I believe it will give us the push we need.

You are absolutely right - we can do this thing and we will do this thing!!!
  • JennBuckish
    nanerkay wrote: »
    I've been kind of down today my weight was the same this week so I didn't do anything all day I know I should have gotten up and exercises but I worked hard last week.😒 Try again tomorrow 🤷

Yes, keep going and the changes will come with consistency. The scale is just one way of measuring weight loss but not the only way. Remember to take your body measurement too. Weightloss doesn't always on the scale so keep pressing forward.
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    I get out today and it helped my mood a lot. I put on a pair of jeans that was almost to tight the last time I wear them today they was a little loose 😃 maybe I'm not doing as bad as I thought.
  • Revisse
    Revisse Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2023
    2022 was extremely difficult health wise. Hope 2023 is on the way to healing and progress. Above questions from descr answered below:
    My ultimate health and fitness goal for 2023 is to walk a mile without stopping then progress to 5 miles.
    My desired healthy habits are to meal plan better & include high-protein meals & figure out a way to be in kitchen and prepare meals since I can only stand about 3-5 min at a time.
    My advice is that consistency is important w/nutrition & fitness. Small changes, if done consistently, have a HUGE impact.
    Thanks Betty for putting this together. Looking forward to this! 😁

• JennBuckish
    I am confident enough to say that WE CAN accomplish any and everything we set out minds to. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember and I think it is about time we set excuses a side and DO THIS THING!! I love the idea of creating a chat in order to motivate one another.. I know how hard it may be but with this challenge I believe it will give us the push we need.

I've struggled with my weight lose for 6 years now I had a hysterectomy in 2016 at the time I was around 185 now I'm 250 I've been working hard this time but it seems like the scale never changes. I just keep on trying and change things one at a time so maybe one day it will all just click 😃

Perseverance is an important part of the formula. Part of my game plan is doing my best to make my own meals and treats so that I know exactly what is in them. Also, that they fit my eating plan. I have retrained myself to drink water - there was a time I never did. It all helps. Hang in there!
  • sfmathews
    sfmathews Posts: 36 Member
    Cutting back on sugar. Gain control over that evil sweet tooth!
  • KathyYakker
    KathyYakker Posts: 1 Member
    2023 goals include tweaking my eating and getting back to being more consistent in exercise, focusing on strength training. I’m a pretty good walker but I can feel I’m not as physically strong as I need to be, especially my upper body. MyFitnessPal was EXTREMELY helpful during my weight loss journey and I love how it helps keep me accountable to myself.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    congelfer wrote: »
    Where is plans?

I got a link to start the plan but only just realised there's a chat page as well !
    If you scroll down the page on mfp you should come to Plans,it should be there.Hope this helps .
  • JennBuckish
    Eating went well today - I didn't consume enough water though and I am still trying to make up for it. If I can get 1L in by 8 pm that will take my consumption up. I am feeling good about my progress and will weigh in tomorrow to see what has happened over the past week. I am trying not to weigh daily with the hope that I have "delayed gratfication" weekly when I see the numbers go on a downward trend. Fingers crossed. Just to be clear - even if the scale does not cooperate with me I will not be deterred. It will still be full steam ahead with my 2023 health plan. Yay baby!!!
  • yrjessen
    yrjessen Posts: 1 Member
    I want to join the challenge but can't see where to sign up. I already have an account.
  • nanerkay

I've struggled with my weight lose for 6 years now I had a hysterectomy in 2016 at the time I was around 185 now I'm 250 I've been working hard this time but it seems like the scale never changes. I just keep on trying and change things one at a time so maybe one day it will all just click 😃

Perseverance is an important part of the formula. Part of my game plan is doing my best to make my own meals and treats so that I know exactly what is in them. Also, that they fit my eating plan. I have retrained myself to drink water - there was a time I never did. It all helps. Hang in there!

I'm a big water drinker I've had kidney problems when I was younger. I drink one diet soda a day or sometimes tea or a cup coffee the rest of the is water.
  • nanerkay
    Eating went well today - I didn't consume enough water though and I am still trying to make up for it. If I can get 1L in by 8 pm that will take my consumption up. I am feeling good about my progress and will weigh in tomorrow to see what has happened over the past week. I am trying not to weigh daily with the hope that I have "delayed gratfication" weekly when I see the numbers go on a downward trend. Fingers crossed. Just to be clear - even if the scale does not cooperate with me I will not be deterred. It will still be full steam ahead with my 2023 health plan. Yay baby!!!

Good luck tomorrow I wish you well and yes 2023 healthy all the way. Yay baby 😊
  • nanerkay
    I was down 4 pounds today so I went out and got me a couple of new shirts I got them one size down so they will fit while I'm losing weight but they fit pretty good. I got a dress in my closet that I want to be able to wear by Valentine's day.
    Our dog likes my new healthier life style we can share a snack now . She loves apples bananas and carrots I give her just a little.
  • dahlfyn
    dahlfyn Posts: 2 Member
    Happy New Year! I am so ready to JUMPSTART 2023, sorry I'm 13 days late. But I am SO ready to get moving. Let's go 2023!!!!! I WILL TRIUMP!!!!! LOL!!!!
  • JennBuckish
    I was down 4 pounds today so I went out and got me a couple of new shirts I got them one size down so they will fit while I'm losing weight but they fit pretty good. I got a dress in my closet that I want to be able to wear by Valentine's day.
    Our dog likes my new healthier life style we can share a snack now . She loves apples bananas and carrots I give her just a little.

I love the way you are pushing ahead .... very inspiring!
  • bigdrunner
    bigdrunner Posts: 1,010 Member
    I dont have a cell for the app but i finally want to hit my goal weight
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,373 Member
    Happy Saturday, staying the same but not discouraged.