Join our Jumpstart Your Health Challenge

Options

Replies

• JennBuckish
    JennBuckish Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Kurtize wrote: »
    Happy Saturday, staying the same but not discouraged.

I like that attitude :smile:
  • elizabethpikalek
    elizabethpikalek Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    What is your ultimate health and fitness goal for 2023?
    What healthy habits do you want to build to help achieve your goal?
    What’s the best nutrition or exercise advice you’ve learned (and still use today)?

Ultimate goal for 2023 is to change my behavior so my actions are beneficial to my physical and mental wellbeing. A healthier body promotes a healthier mindset.

The healthy habits I want to achieve is drinking an adequate water amount, increase my physical activity, and improve my cholesterol levels.

Best nutrition advice I’ve ever heard was calories in, calories out. But it’s not just the number of calories but the value of the nutrition in those calories.

I did start the challenge, and I was so surprised looking back at what I was eating and seeing how much sodium I was eating!
  • Shellight
    Shellight Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What is your ultimate health and fitness goal for 2023? fit back into my smalls/xsmalls
    What healthy habits do you want to build to help achieve your goal? epic eating plan measuring with the scoops balanced plates
    What’s the best nutrition or exercise advice you’ve learned (and still use today)? water 1st veggies most the scale and tracking
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

where do I sign up? I so want to lose the next 30 lbs this year.
  • nanerkay
    nanerkay Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Shellight wrote: »
    What is your ultimate health and fitness goal for 2023? fit back into my smalls/xsmalls
    What healthy habits do you want to build to help achieve your goal? epic eating plan measuring with the scoops balanced plates
    What’s the best nutrition or exercise advice you’ve learned (and still use today)? water 1st veggies most the scale and tracking

I've never heard of a scoops balanced plates and where can I buy one?
  • nanerkay
    Options
    What is my ultimate health and fitness goals for 2023?. Is to eat healthier and learn true measurements of food and to exercises more. I know I need to work on my fats and my A1C numbers and get control of blood pressure. I really need to keep my sweeties under control instead of them controlling me.
  • mrgtwhite
    mrgtwhite Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I realize I can’t do it alone. It’s inspiring to read all of your entries.
  • mrgtwhite
    Options
    I found that a lot of friends I know are using this app and I will join was one of them especially
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,384 Member
    Options
    @iMustLoseIt1 - you can sign up on the top of this page there is a link also if you have the app can sign up there.
  • JennBuckish
    Options
    Another day of sticking to my plan - I am on a streak of keto and it feels good to be eating consistently. Day by Day, Step by Step, I will reclaim my health, my fitness and my wholeness. I am already reaping the benefits - less inflamation, less aches and pains :smile:
  • nanerkay
    Options
    You don't realize how out of shape you are until you start exercising 😅 I'll sleep good night 😴I need to do better on my eating still working on that.
  • Shellight
    Options
    nanerkay wrote: »

I've never heard of a scoops balanced plates and where can I buy one?

What I am doing is Epicures perfect portion scoops. The blue scoop is for proteins it holds 1 cup, the green is for either fruits or veggies it holds a cup, the grains are in yellow and it holds a half a cup and there is a purple tbsp for you fats/oils/ dressings. So what you do is have 1 scoop of each of proteins, fruit/veg, grain and a healthy fat at each meal plus drink 8 glasses of water and exercise 30 min. for eating you only eat 3 times a day and can have about a 100 calorie/mini sized dessert as well.
  • Shellight
    edited January 2023
    Options
    SW:152.4
    Day/Weight/Comment 1st mini goal get back into the 140's
    1/14 152.4 feeling heavy but committed to changing that
    1/15 152 got a plan and am ready to implement it
    1/16 151.4 I got this
    1/17
    1/18
    1/19
    1/20
    1/21
  • TISHA55Free
    TISHA55Free Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to incorporate health as a priority not just physical but mental health as well.
  • MammySher
    MammySher Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started this Plan yesterday. I charged my Fitbit and entered my food for yesterday and today. I found my favorite workout videos, which I will start today. My small change is not to eat a whole package of creakers or other unhealthy snacks. I love the idea of making a daily menu to remind me of what I will be eating. (This has worked for me in the past). My #1 goal is to live a healthier life. I feel so drained, and I need to get my energy back. I'm off to do my first video.
  • Shellight
    Options
    SW:152.4
    Day/Weight/Comment 1st mini goal get back into the 140's
    1/14 152.4 feeling heavy but committed to changing that
    1/15 152 got a plan and am ready to implement it
    1/16 151 I got this
    1/17 149.6 Yay in the 140’s
    1/18
    1/19
    1/20
    1/21

Yesterday was an ideal for me ~ going to do it again today.
  • mrgtwhite
    Options
    Betty asked “what is your ultimate health and fitness goal for 2023”
    I was going to say my goal is “Get into those slacks I wore just 3 months ago before a 10 lb weight gain.” For 80 years, my only concern was calories.
    Now my concern is my health and I have to watch salt for the kidneys and fats for the heart among other adjustments.
  • JennBuckish
    edited January 2023
    Options
    nanerkay wrote: »
    You don't realize how out of shape you are until you start exercising 😅 I'll sleep good night 😴I need to do better on my eating still working on that.

I concur re: exercise.
  • JennBuckish
    Options
    It was a good day for following my eating plan and drinking water so I will celebrate that as a win!