Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Wednesday!
    Rebecca and Vicki Thank you!

Lisa Your comments about the zero turn ring so true! I have several customers whose wives now won't let them cut the grass because they love the zero turn! My SIL uses mowing as a stress reliever. I really enjoy it, but my DH insists on paying someone to do it because of our crazy schedules.

Vicki Wow! What awful things to say to your child! Such a tender time. Words really do hurt. I am glad you are here with all of us!

Debbie The water pictures are beautiful but that is a lot of water in a short time.

Ginny- Miami Valley and Kettering Health Network. I will take KHN all day long. My GP is with a small group- Providence.

Rosemarie My husband and his sister own the lawnmower shop. I manage most of it. I really do enjoy it MOST of the time. The occasional grump *kitten* customer and lack of respect from DH and SIL make other days difficult. When I get behind on my work, I get frustrated. Would love to have someone to help with some of the paperwork, but no one else can seem to do it correctly. Would also love to have someone to help keep the front and shop area clean, but apparently no one sees the mess but me. So weird. I can still do everything I have always done but it seems to take me longer ;)

Michele You are correct! Jerry is not your problem! Nice job standing up for yourself!

Allie, Tracey, Sue and Ginny Prayers, comfort, and ((HUGS))

Mammy Welcome! Join in conversations as desired. Lots going on, but so much support!

I was super productive again yesterday! Got parts orders in, emails taken care of, inventory in computer, DH to doctor appointment, a bunch of invoicing done, massage, and desk cleared off at home. Shredded, filed, put away, and bills ready to pay. Also read over half of Heather's book-"Me I am"

I heard two songs yesterday that just "spoke" to me. One made me laugh-"Beer or Gasoline" by Chris Young. Basically he says since a 6 pack or a gallon are the same price, he reckons he will be walking more! The other follows today's list question. Kelsea Ballerini "What I have". It is simple, pleasing, and touches home.

Machka and Pip You both definitely inspire us all to move more!

17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for-Clean surfaces! 80skltg8co3t.jpg

18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    Heat
    Warm bed
    Sturdy house
    Favorite cars for all moods
    Hot water
    Electronics- cell phone and lap top (grateful and hateful relationship 😉
    Warm clothes
    Money to get what I need or want

Need to get off here, pay bills, and get ready for work.
    Hugs!
    Encouragement!
    Love!

Kylia in Ohio feeling Thankful for all of you!

Awww thanks

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,119 Member
    Options
    Up early this morning to do the weekly grocery shopping. Not done much since then except sleep in front of the TV. Energy is not high today.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    Kylia I did manage one year to keep poinsettia alive til the next year but did not get much color. I took it outside in the summer and tried to give it the darkness it needed. We are so far north and it is a plant with Mexican origins. I am enjoying the white one I bought for our church display. It will probably need to go by the end of February.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Poinsettia are hard to keep alive and harder yet to get to turn color the second time. There is a HUGE greenhouse complex near me that grows many of the poinsettia's for the USA and even the head lights from a farm road affected the darkness required to get the poinsettia's from setting color, so during the fall the greenhouse is covered in black out curtains. It's an interesting tour. As Margaret said they are originally from Mexico and need a pretty narrow temperature window, and are picky about water, not to little or to much... I just buy one each year.... LOL

smiles Kim in N. California
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I've seen second year poinsettia, but never one that looked full or pretty. Mostly they get scraggly.

Off to the dentist!

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Gratitude list
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE—- Today I appreciate my ability to read!
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think—DONE
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses——DONE
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house—tossed Christmas card I had collected
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)—This year was jewelry from my ‘adopted’ granddaughter.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today—-Done plus #1 again!
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year—-Bringing my car to the car wash one or more times a month!
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today—-Breakfast-savored the texture of my OUI yogurt versus the granola I added.
    8 Who was your favorite teacher—My French teacher in High School. Sister Jeannette
    9 Create something today—-I will work on my crochet - making a granny square afghan out of left over yarn.
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song—Against the wind, We were running against the wind. We were young and strong, we were running against the wind.
    11 Send a card/note to someone today—Done! Note to DH and card for Uncle’s birthday.
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Losing weight and better financial status.
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today—Done!
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol) 1. I got to go to TN to attend my daughter’s wedding last year, My brother from AZ came to visit us in NM, I experienced my first 5.4 earthquake in NM this past December.
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week—Called my mom, and texted my 3 kids.
    16 What made you smile today—-The beautiful scenery on my morning wetlands walk.
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—! Picture in spoiler
    0v6spfhe2uuw.jpeg

On my morning walk. You can see Captain Mountain in the background (where Billy the Kid had his hideout)
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...heat, air conditioning, water, sewer, a roof over my head, a car, internet, electronics, clothes, shoes, medicines, food, means of cooking, refrigerator, use of a freezer, use of a washer/dryer, books, writing utensils, everything I use every day!
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

RVRita
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Oops....grabbed a package of tuna from cabinet for my salad today for lunch. Ate two bites then saw expiration date on package..last January! I feel comfortable a short time after dates, but not a whole year! Berries, cheese, and crackers for lunch now.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    💮🏵🌹🥀🌺
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    MammySher - My books come with a caution. Read all the blurbs and reviews carefully before you decide it's for you. They are all on Amazon under my name, Heather Eyles. The latest one is MEMORY BOXES. It's mainly poetry with a bit of context thrown in. :)

Off soon to my meeting. I'm a bit churned up by my ex suddenly contacting me out of the blue. It will pass.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Rebecca - I just went to send you a friend request on FB, and you'd already beat me to it!!!!

thanks,

Michele NC

Heehee, 🤗💖
  • kymarai
    Options
    Lisa Since my gallbladder was removed I have similar bathroom issues as you. I don't call it a colitis bag, but if going further than 15 mins from home I pack extras and wipes. **kitten** happens at the most inconvenient times! Hugs! Know that you aren't alone! I have left customers suddenly at counter occasionally.
  • Whidislander
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a body pump DVD today. Went to the library so they could use the 3D Printer to make these battery holders for Vince for the Christmas decorations. This way the batteries are in this case and won’t short out. Then went for my walk, got dinner ready, meals for next week thought out.

Well, I’m decided that I’m no longer going to take Jerry home. I think I told you all a while ago that I refused to have opened containers of any sort in my car. I didn’t care if it was holy water, I wouldn’t have it. Well, up until now Jerry has been respectful of my feelings. As a matter of fact, one day he told me he threw away part of a beer so that he wouldn’t have an opened container in my car. I said “thank you for respecting my feelings”. Well, today he told me that when he got home he was going to finish the beer. To me, that means he started it, so I said (not accused) “Jerry, you don’t have an opened container in my car, do you?”. Well, he went off like you wouldn’t believe. Actually, when we got to his house, I thanked god. I don’t think he thinks I saw it, but I did see him giving me the finger. When I got home, I was, literally, shaking from his anger outburst. I WILL NOT put up with this. Tomorrow, I’ll just tell Angel that I won’t be taking Jerry home any more and why. Guess he’ll just have to wait until someone else can take him home. Not my problem.

Barbara – yes, I do that stretch. But I really can’t do it at work, that’s the only thing. But I do do it after I work out like doing spinning. Or really, any sort of cardio machine.

Kylia – your height/weight sounds a lot like mine. Only, when I was around 60, I weighed in the 120’s (sometimes even the teens). Now that I’m older by about 8 years, I’m finding that I’m in the 130’s (boo). I’m trying to get lower, but it just doesn’t seem to be happening. I, too, miss the days when a doctor would actually listen and not just give you stock, textbook answers. So many times you have to diagnose yourself.

Allie – I remember when the kids were teens (and you wonder why I have gray hair….lol) at times I would, literally, lock myself in the bathroom and read the book “Get Out Of My Life, but First Would You Drive Me and Cheryl to the Mall”. One thing the book pointed out, and it’s so true, “the more they pull away, the more they come back”. Might be a good book for Tracey to read.

Pip – I like mowing the lawn, I really do. For one thing, there’s that calorie burn. I get so many steps in! Another thing is that I like being sure things are in good condition. Like Debbie, to me it’s relaxing. I get to be with my own thoughts.

Rebecca – I’ve been prepping my own food so much lately, that I really cringe and can taste all the salt in all the prepared foods that I’d previously hadn’t tasted in. The only thing is that it’s weird, everyone else seems to not have a problem with the prepared foods. Same for anything deep fried. I haven’t had much fried food for so long that when I do have it now, my stomach says “I don’t think so” Then I usually get the “why don’t you eat the way you used to eat” from Jess and Vince. Then I wind up just telling them to leave me alone since I don’t comment on how they eat. I totally agree with Lisa. You ARE one of the sweetest people on the face of the earth

Deb (workoutaholic) – welcome back!

Vicki – I can’t believe your mother said that! What do you think she was thinking? That she was going to shame you? I’m so very sorry you lost your baby

Michele NC

I cannot buy frozen pre made meals anymore, they just look so unsatisfying. I get a kick out of piling real food on the counter and prepping it all, cutting and chopping. To say I had 1 potato, 3 mushrooms, some onion, handful of chicken, 1 zucchini, chicken stock and spices, well it just makes my body happy!
    I'm sorry your family ribs you about what and how much you eat. I would just say, "how about you do you, and not worry about me, that's my business". (said in a nice tone).
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kymarai
    Options
    Mammy You nudged me to ask the question , when in history was it decided that men were the mechanics? Some of the best mechanics I know are female. I am reminding myself as well as you that self care should be first!

🙂
    Kylia
  • Whidislander
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Good visit to the dermatologist. He froze a couple of spots and said to come back in six months.
    <3 Barbie in NW WA

That's great! You are doing your skin a great service. Do you know our skin is the largest organ of our bodies? Makes sense as it does cover and let us keep the other organs and systems organized. I just find it fascinating. I made my appointment with a dermatologist here on the island, but don't get seen until June. I need to have the once over look from head to toe every six months too. Congrats to you for paying attention and doing great self care. Many wait until a spot becomes an issue.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa