WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    My DH is responsible for the trash in our house. :D:p I do empty my bathroom and bedroom bin into it, but otherwise it's his job. Also recycling. I think that's traditional in the UK. I also have noticed many of you mowing the grass. In the UK that is generally the man's job. Cultural differences are fascinating!

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Yes, my husband does the rubbish and mows the lawn. I have never mowed a lawn in my life. If he were not in my life any more I would hire someone to mow the lawn (I did that while he was in hospital) and I would be planning to move somewhere with no lawn.

My husbands have also done all the kitchen stuff. That's also the man's job!

Even Rhody gets concerned if I am doing something in the kitchen!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Barbie - When DH was in hospital, having a hernia operation, a day procedure under general anaesthetic, I went out for oysters! :laugh: A couple of hours later I walked him out of the hospital and we got a taxi home. I stayed one night with him and then went off on a 'girly' break. His sister came to stay with him, who was a nurse. :D I think he has forgiven me, but his sister occasionally brings it up!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

When my husband had his hernia surgery, I think I actually drove because it was in the middle of a covid surge and we didn't want to take a bus. I got him changed and ready then walked into town and went shopping.

Other surgeries we've had, we got ourselves there while the other person worked. At the end of the work day, we'd collect the other.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I'm sure all our NHS pressures have been in the news. We are all crossing fingers we don't need to go to hospital! But that does sound especially bad about your FIL. I'm very good about making a nuisance of myself, but that's not true for everyone, and shouldn't have to be.
    Flu seems to be hitting hard this year. My friend K had it badly and she had had the jab, like me. Maybe they got the wrong strain this year. ;):*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx, hoping for health and strength
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I have no formal plans for today. DH is going out to play badminton this morning.

It’s a bright but bitterly cold day. We have snow forecast for later.

Intentions for today:
    ♦️Latin prep
    ♦️prep car for service on Thurs
    ♦️Laundry
    ♦️vacuum upstairs
    ♦️declutter desk
    ♦️look out fabric for embroidery journal
    ♦️solid habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• amdaless
    amdaless Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Logging food, but still not very motivated. Eating poorly. Did good for 2 days, stayed within calorie goal, drank my 8 gl of H2O, didn't get in all the exercise, then ate over calories yesterday, and started today off wrong food wise. Made sure to get a work out in this morning. Yes, my hours are weird. I work nights, and have to work tonight after being off several days. Have to get back to day sleeping. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Lisa. I hope the test goes well, and your iron levels are on the rise!
    You know reading both Lisa and Kylias life stories, its like finding out a little tidbit more about you. You both are amazing ladies and I value your insight and our friendship!

Well I'm up at 7:00 am ready to seize the day! I am attending the gym with husband, but its only to use their sauna! Well for today anyways. I have my swimming suit on presently, feeling weird. But its a comfortable two piece. I did alter it last summer by cutting out the pads in the bra part, and cutting off the dorky bow part. Its now manageable.😁 I will look forward to it slowly falling off this body of mine, ha! By summer I plan to buy a new suit dammit!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    :)