• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    But he has been pretty incommunicado for some years now, not replying to messages, or Christmas cards.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I haven't seen or spoken to or communicated with my ex in about 20 years ... longer than we were married. I don't imagine we'll ever get in touch with each other again. Never say never, because strange things can happen, but I'm quite comfortable if we don't cross paths and it would be quite a surprise if we did. Some things I like to leave in the past. It happened. There were a few good times. I probably wouldn't be where I am now if I had gone a different route. But this is where I am now and I'm a different person than I was back then.

M in Oz

I didn't hear a thing from my ex for 20 yrs then suddenly, on my birthday, I get a friend request on Facebook from him.
    He wished me a happy birthday, apologized for everything, explained why he left(I had no idea for those 20 yrs. He just left).He regrets so much and wishes things were different. And we have been talking almost daily since. He is my best friend. I am also back in touch with his whole family.

Never know what will happen.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

It’s been 31 years for me.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Gratitude list
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE—- Today I appreciate sunshine on my shoulders!
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think—DONE
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses——DONE
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house—tossed Christmas card I had collected
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)—This year was jewelry from my ‘adopted’ granddaughter.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today—-Done plus #1 again!
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year—-Bringing my car to the car wash one or more times a month!
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today—-Breakfast-savored the texture of my OUI yogurt versus the granola I added.
    8 Who was your favorite teacher—My French teacher in High School. Sister Jeannette
    9 Create something today—-I will work on my crochet - making a granny square afghan out of left over yarn.
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song—Against the wind, We were running against the wind. We were young and strong, we were running against the wind.
    11 Send a card/note to someone today—Done! Note to DH and card for Uncle’s birthday.
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Losing weight and better financial status.
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today—Done!
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol) 1. I got to go to TN to attend my daughter’s wedding last year, My brother from AZ came to visit us in NM, I experienced my first 5.4 earthquake in NM this past December.
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week—Called my mom, and texted my 3 kids.
    16 What made you smile today—-The beautiful scenery on my morning wetlands walk.
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—! Picture in spoiler

On my morning walk. You can see Captain Mountain in the background (where Billy the Kid had his hideout)
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...heat, air conditioning, water, sewer, a roof over my head, a car, internet, electronics, clothes, shoes, medicines, food, means of cooking, refrigerator, use of a freezer, use of a washer/dryer, books, writing utensils, everything I use every day!
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently—Done!
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself. I’m tenacious, my hair color, my love of learning, my ability to mediate, my technology abilities. [
    21 Pay it forward in some way—to be accomplished
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

RVRita
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Machka-Dill works well with eggs/egg salad. I often chop up various herbs and toss them in my eggs in the mornings. Also good in cream cheese, compound butter, potatoes/potato salad, and of course fish. I like it with flakey white fish.

As for my career, I also like quiet work environments and talking to as few people as possible in a day. That's why I'm not doing that role anymore. It doesn't suit me anymore...maybe never did.

Tina in CA
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Well Machka, I am so glad that something has been done and I sincerely hope that things are better on Tuesday and going forward. There is nothing worse than dealing with with those kinds of people.

Margaret, HOW WONDERFUL!!! What an amazing tribute! A high A! I'm jealous. I could never hit that, but I'm an alto, so I wouldn't even try. Will you sing at my funeral? That's one of the songs I want sung. Such a beautiful hymn.

How silly is it that I'm actually excited about cooking dinner tonight? I've told you that Freddy usually cooks dinner for us... literally almost every night. Last night, probably 9pm, out of nowhere, I said, "I'm really hungry for spaghetti." And spaghetti sauce is my thing, always has been. I make exceptional spaghetti sauce, if I do say myself... and I do! So I ask him if we have ground beef. Yes. And I go looking in the pantry for everything else and the only thing we don't have is some canned sauce, so I ask if he'll pick some up "tomorrow" and he jumps at the opportunity NOT to cook. So I'm cooking tonight and I'm really excited! Silly me.

21 Pay it forward in some way... does ^^^ that cover it? Probably not, but I'll think of something. lol
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?...
    23 Go an entire day without complaining...
    24 What about you makes you special?...
    25 Spend time with a loved one...
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?...
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend...
    28 What fear have you overcome?...
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice...
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?...
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    You can tell I'm ready to kick up my exercise a notch - I bought a fresh bottle of Motrin! Lol

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    But he has been pretty incommunicado for some years now, not replying to messages, or Christmas cards.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I haven't seen or spoken to or communicated with my ex in about 20 years ... longer than we were married. I don't imagine we'll ever get in touch with each other again. Never say never, because strange things can happen, but I'm quite comfortable if we don't cross paths and it would be quite a surprise if we did. Some things I like to leave in the past. It happened. There were a few good times. I probably wouldn't be where I am now if I had gone a different route. But this is where I am now and I'm a different person than I was back then.

M in Oz

I didn't hear a thing from my ex for 20 yrs then suddenly, on my birthday, I get a friend request on Facebook from him.
    He wished me a happy birthday, apologized for everything, explained why he left(I had no idea for those 20 yrs. He just left).He regrets so much and wishes things were different. And we have been talking almost daily since. He is my best friend. I am also back in touch with his whole family.

Never know what will happen.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

It’s been 31 years for me.

Mine would have contacted me sooner if he had known I had tried to contact him over the years. His second wife threw away the cards/letters I had sent after I found his address. They were very simple- Happy birthday-hope you are doing well and happy- that was it. He had no idea she was doing that(I only sent a few beings I never got a response). I found out after she passed away that she had also told my former father in law to not have any contact with me when she found out he had written to me a few times. She was very jealous and insecure. She threw away any pictures of me. He did have one that he kept hidden.

RVRita

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Lisa – I love my Instant Pot. So much so that I have two at home and one down at the condo. I just haven’t gotten to using it too much for meats. Need to work more on that.

Rebecca – when I took a belly dancing class, I was always so impressed by the ladies who felt so comfortable in their bodies. I know you are the same way

Off to the play now

Michele NC

I had a gentleman approach me in the hot tub (we were friends with him and his very slim wife Vella), and whisper, "I have always loved your fat roll" into my ear. Creepy? Maybe. But I knew it came from a good place. I think I said thank you, and turned away politely.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Deb - the navy beans you put in your IP, were they from a can? I’ve been afraid to put beans in the IP because I’ve always been afraid they’d fall thru the grate and burn. I bet they’re real good in there. So how do you do it? I’ve done ribs. How long do you cook your ribs for?

The play was real funny

M – we used to have a lady who volunteered at the soup kitchen who I silently called “Mrs. Sourpuss”. I would kill her with kindness

Nite Nite everyone.

Michele NC

I think there is one of those in every soup kitchen! We had a gal like that, that would get on me for little things here and there. She ran a tight ship, and I suppose I was too goofy. This was the place on the Oregon coast.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa