Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Pip I’m glad you are able to go on vacation! I hope Lucy is doing well.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,136 Member
    Options
    0g70d5yzmnb8.png

And I'm pretty sure it's been 6 years since I touched snow or walked in snow.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2023
    Options
    tkalsiw5euxr.png

One of the reasons I don't often eat the food people bring to work. :smiley:
    ig7tyia9c3md.png

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,336 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Motoring along nicely. Mostly back to normal. Had a lovely session with my Monday Painters yesterday. Still can’t post pics on my phone or I would post a pic of what I’m working on.

Today at craft will be working on the embroidered bags with my friend M (she gave me one at the previous meeting.)

All this bread making is making my mouth water. I may have to get out my baking bowl, as our usual supermarket has stopped baking bread on the premises. Although it’s a large store, they also closed their fresh fish and meat counter a couple of years ago. It’s very inconvenient, as we now have to hunt around for fresh stuff instead if buying it all at one centre.

Intentions for today:
    ♦️Craft Group
    ♦️more accounts
    ♦️plan shopping tomorrow
    ♦️solid habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Options
    Tuesday's Walk

t8xh2kx8j58g.png

January's Walking Distance!

gl85mpapshib.png

January's Exercise Time!

h29f1w6jljpl.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept through the night.. i have upped my melatonin to 10 mg and it seems to have helped.
    And I woke up at 4 am and have been awake since then..I'll probably nap with Miles
    I stopped yesterday afternoon after Tracy picked up groceries so that I could watch Miles while she put it away..
    He does enjoy watching Ms Rachel..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday!

Betsy- Prayers for safe travels, quick healing, and plans that go as we hope.
    Vicki- ((HUGS)) So traumatic.

I have been reading, but for some reason my phone was jumping every other page-smh. I am now 95% caught up with work paperwork!!!! Yay!!! At work yesterday, Machka's comment about two types of people came to mind. That is probably one of the problems between us at work. She was putting away parts that had come in and leaving the lock ties on the belts when she hung them. I said why? Takes longer to grab for customer that way. Her comment was the belts needed redone anyway and this way they were put up. My thinking is put them up so they are easier to get for customers. Do it right the first time is my thought. SMH. Breathe! I was busy calling customers and waiting on them.

We got 6" of snow on Sunday. They are calling for another 3-5 inches tonight. Yay....We did sell 3 snowblowers yesterday. Barrett-Jackson has started on television. DH and I got in a spat while I was cooking dinner due to frustrations on both our parts. I don't understand this paperwork I am suppose to fill out nor does he nor can he read it. Just frustrating for both, but I have asked for help from both him and his sister several times (but he forgets that). I probably am just going to ignore it for now. Will decide later today. Went to bed really early! Got over 7 hours of sleep. So that is a plus.

Need to get ready for work.
    Prayers!
    Hugs!
    Congratulations!

Much love,
    Kylia in Ohio where winter has arrived
  • kymarai
    Options
    21 Pay it forward in some way- Bought desserts and delivered them to friends
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now? Peace. Inner peace, family peace, work peace
    23 Go an entire day without complaining I tried! I didn’t complain really just frustrated twice.
    24 What about you makes you special? My caring about others. Listening to those that need someone.

Hadn't done this since Saturday.

<3
    Kylia
  • kymarai
    Options
    Wow, now you can't buy books from amazon directly from Kindle. Why do they take things that work and change them up. Not difficult, just a little frustrating.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,507 Member
    Options
    Debbie - With a dough hook, you simply let it keep kneading in the bowl for ten minutes, and then pull it out onto a floured board and push it into the shape of big blob, no more kneading is necessary.

I've never allowed anything to rise inside a pressure cooker, so not sure what to tell you on that. I simply oil the mixing bowl, put the dough back in it, and cover the top with plastic wrap, put it in a warm place to double in size. Now that I have an oven with a proofing mode, I put it in there at 95 degrees and let it double - takes about 35 to 45 minutes for the first rise.

If you and your husband both like Hawaiian bread, you can bump up the sugar in the yeast rolls recipe, too. I keep it very low, as neither of us are fond of sweet bread for sandwiches, but you can go up as high as 3/4 of a cup for a full recipe.

I asked Mama to write me out her bread recipe, and below is the original. She wasn't big on details... :smiley: She's the one who taught me that baking is NOT a science, it's an art. The food shows are all so precise, and seem to want to intimidate home bakers. In reality, every ingredient in bread recipes can be changed as you see fit. I've seen her put chicken broth in the bread for the liquid, and the resulting rolls turned out amazing.

z5sbc9e5xyco.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.

6 Share a goal you achieved last year. We completed the longest bicycle ride since my husband's accident and the fastest.

7 Slow down and savor one meal today. Mmmm ... pizza!

8 Who was your favorite teacher. My father. :):) But I've had quite a few good teachers, in addition to him, over the years.

9 Create something today. I finished creating my first work-related project plan today.

10 What is your favorite lyric from a song. Difficult one given that I like so much music. But let's go with: "A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices"

11 Send a card/note to someone today. Do emails count?

12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Can't tell you that! It's a secret ... same secret as my favourite Christmas gift. :)

13 Tell a random person they look "good" today. It's a bit late in the day to read this and didn't meet too many random people today ... or people in general. But I smiled at some horses and told Rhody he's gorgeous.

14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    One is a secret ... I should be able to tell you by the end of the month.
    My skin cancer surgery went better than expected and all my margins are clear.
    I've been able to hold my granddaughter.

15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week. Well, I did email a couple people yesterday. :)

16 What made you smile today. Do you mean like evil laughter?? :naughty: Or a happy smile? :smiley:
    Happy would be big fresh strawberries from our plants and my colouring book. I'm colouring little rainbows right now.

17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    Our garden

18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    House
    Bed
    Comfy PJs
    My Chair
    Food

19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently.
    I have been going to my optometrist and optical shop for several years now. I went there again today and again I was very happy with with their service.

20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    In no particular order ...
    My hair
    My eyes
    My legs
    My hands
    My brain

21 Pay it forward in some way .... ummm ... well, I smiled and thanked a number of people today.

22 What do you most desire in your life right now? That's my own personal, unpublicised desire.

23 Go an entire day without complaining. Today wasn't the day for that. :) Got together with some friends from my former workplace. I haven't seen them in a couple months so we caught up. Is it complaining if I update friends with the way the insurance company has been treating us?

24 What about you makes you special? Tenacity and determination

25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Machka in Oz

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,102 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Katla, it sounds like you have found an ideal spot where DH can get care, and you can be nearby. I hope my parents can find such a deal when their time comes.

I complain more on this site than I do out loud. Because no one remembers what I say, it doesn't do any good to ask for changes in this house. I'm not sure where the line is between complaining and asking for change. A lot of the updates I text to my sister could be seen as complaints. But I think my usual mistake is being too quiet.

My knee is a little tender this morning on the stairs. I'm glad I have a good brace. I don't know what people did before neoprene, but it is a huge advancement. And washable!

It's a good day to make great diet and exercise choices. I've been pretty good so far this week, and I'm looking forward to weigh-in on Friday. I just have to keep up the good work.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

Gratitude list
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE—- Today I appreciate my heater.

1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think—DONE
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses——DONE
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house—tossed Christmas card I had collected
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)—This year was jewelry from my ‘adopted’ granddaughter.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today—-Done plus #1 again!
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year—-Bringing my car to the car wash one or more times a month!
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today—-Breakfast-savored the texture of my OUI yogurt versus the granola I added.
    8 Who was your favorite teacher—My French teacher in High School. Sister Jeannette
    9 Create something today—-I will work on my crochet - making a granny square afghan out of left over yarn.
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song—Against the wind, We were running against the wind. We were young and strong, we were running against the wind.
    11 Send a card/note to someone today—Done! Note to DH and card for Uncle’s birthday.
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Losing weight and better financial status.
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today—Done!
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol) 1. I got to go to TN to attend my daughter’s wedding last year, My brother from AZ came to visit us in NM, I experienced my first 5.4 earthquake in NM this past December.
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week—Called my mom, and texted my 3 kids.
    16 What made you smile today—-The beautiful scenery on my morning wetlands walk.
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for—! Picture in spoiler

On my morning walk. You can see Captain Mountain in the background (where Billy the Kid had his hideout)
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...heat, air conditioning, water, sewer, a roof over my head, a car, internet, electronics, clothes, shoes, medicines, food, means of cooking, refrigerator, use of a freezer, use of a washer/dryer, books, writing utensils, everything I use every day!
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently—Done!
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself. I’m tenacious, my hair color, my love of learning, my ability to mediate, my technology abilities.
    21 Pay it forward in some way—to be accomplished
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?—Being debt free.
    23 Go an entire day without complaining—-This is going to tough!
    24 What about you makes you special? My patience
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

RVRita