JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    Yesterday ended in heatstroke. Ash got it worse but I have worse sunburn!

So we're staying out the sun today. No walking today either. My legs need a rest day.
    Got a lot of washing to get away today so gonna start with that.
    And I'm going to try log my food today.

I know I've been eating fairly well! In general I'm fed up of crisps and biscuits and chocolate which is NOT like me at all. But I'm not complaining, my new found love of fruit is so much better!
    But without logging I can't know for sure!

Hope everyone has a good day! X

Guess my goals for today are

-Log food
    -Do some leg stretches.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    I went off the rails a little yesterday.
    I’ve had two days now where I’ve eaten over my goal. Feel bloated and guilty. Could see myself slipping down a dark hole pretty easy right now if I don’t stay in top of this.
    Frustrated with this whole finger/hand thing
    Pain still present
    Swelling still hasn’t come down much
    I wonder if we missed a fracture on imaging although I don’t really have point tenderness except where the fracture is so maybe I just need to be patient and once swelling subsides things will level out

Plan for today
    2k calories
    10-14 glasses of water
    40-60 min trainer (was gonna do treadmill but I think the impact of running will make my hand throb like a mofo)
    Log all food
    No more than small bowls of popcorn. (Seems like it has taken over as my gateway drug)
    No beer
    No food after 9
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,310 Member
    edited May 2023

JFT Wednesday
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Eat breakfast :smiley:
    - Talk to accountability partner :smiley:
    - Eat lunch :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Train new process owners :smiley:
    - Leave work by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Do a 5k wog :(
    - Go to trivia :smiley:
    - home by 10:00 :smiley:
    - bed by 10:30 :(

Fell over the baby gate again yesterday, and bounced my head off the laundry room door frame. Got a mighty nice goose egg on my forehead, but a little ibuprofen seemed to know out the pain. Laid down after that instead of going for my walk. Then got up and went to trivia. Didn't log at the bar (will log it this morning), but did pretty well. We won at trivia for a change. We win a lot on Thursdays, but rarely on Wednesdays. It was a fun night. I even shot a couple of games of pool. They weren't great, but I am improving.

Not really feeling it today, but I'll focus on the plan. Small regular meals and some exercise. Almost forgot that I need to go to mom's to sort her bills after work. May go for a bike ride instead of trivia tonight, but it kind of depends on the hubby. V is going to a swim party.

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Send communication to management about complaints :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Eat lite breakfast
    - Eat lite lunch
    - Log food
    - Go to mom's
    - Ride bike
    - Eat lean & green dinner (low carb)
    - Bed by 10:30

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 214 Member
    Got up at 5am to get to the pool this morning - and it was CLOSED because the lifeguard didn't show up. Grrr.... but came home and did a youtube low-impact workout and a good yoga stretch, so proud I didn't let it completely derail my day. I've been eating healthy and for now I think will stay away from tracking...just want to get my mindset back before I start obsessing over numbers. The best shape I was ever in I didn't track, just stayed away from "white foods" (white flour, white sugar, potatoes..) but I was running back then so that was my great equalizer. But will see what happens if I simply focus on moderate exercise every day and eating healthy.
    JFT:
    exercise CHECK
    healthy eating
    100oz of water
    no alcohol
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,571 Member
    JFT for 5/25/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/24)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/25
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 5/23) (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/15)[/color]
    11) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.
    Hour commitment - After my hot cocoa, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my hot cocoa, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • oceanblue83
    oceanblue83 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2023
    I had done this many years back and felt like it worked. Searched MFP and was happy to find this still going strong.

JFT 25 May 2023:
    1. Do 27 Surya namaskar - no
    2. Do Yoga nidhra meditation just before going to bed - no
    3. Study 5 pages from my core java book - no
    4. Complete my career episodes - yes

JFT 26 May 2023:
    1. Do 27 surya namaskar
    2. Do yoga nidhra meditation just before going to bed
    3. Study 5 pages from my core java book
    4. Contact migration consultant for clarifications
  • teigansdad
    Plan for today
    2k calories💩 but was close
    10-14 glasses of water✅
    40-60 min trainer (was gonna do treadmill but I think the impact of running will make my hand throb like a mofo)✅
    Log all food
    No more than small bowls of popcorn. (Seems like it has taken over as my gateway drug)💩
    No beer✅
    No food after 9💩

Shooting for same as yesterday
    Need to get it right.
    Plan for today
    2k calories
    10-14 glasses of water
    40-60 min trainer (was gonna do treadmill but I think the impact of running will make my hand throb like a mofo)
    Log all food
    No more than small bowls of popcorn. (Seems like it has taken over as my gateway drug)
    No beer
    No food after 9
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 214 Member
    Made my goals for yesterday - starting on Day 4 of back to healthy living. I'm definitely out of the "binge mode" mindset I've been in through everything that's been going on - having the house back in order seems to have put my head back in order as well! But I have no desire to see the number on the scale, I'm afraid that will derail me again. I'm just gonna keep on, keepin' on. It's a long weekend coming up for us - that's exciting! I'm going to fill the backyard planters with flowers, finally harvest my arugula in the garden, and then park my butt in the backyard and enjoy it. :) Hope everyone has a great day!
    JFT:
    healthy eating
    100 oz water
    moderate workout & stretch
    no alcohol
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,310 Member

JFT Thursday
    - Send communication to management about complaints :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Eat lite breakfast :smiley:
    - Eat lite lunch :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Go to mom's :smiley:
    - Ride bike :(
    - Eat lean & green dinner (low carb) :(
    - Bed by 10:30 :(

Yesterday was pretty good. Kept my intake reasonable. I left work late, so no bike ride. Hopefully today. Went to trivia and won, but hubby got totally knackered. He got sloppy drunk which ruins everyone's fun. Also meant I was up way later than normal. I don't mind being the DD, and luckily he didn't hurl in my car, but it was not a good night after we left the bar.

Oh, I did get a call back for an interview for the new job I applied for. It is an exciting opportunity.

Today is a Friday leading into a long weekend, so there is nobody at work. It's going to be a long day. May skip out early and go ride. It is supposed to be a really pretty day.

JFT Friday
    - Weigh in :( Forgot
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP
    - DO some research on current interview strategies
    - Eat lite breakfast and lunch
    - log food
    - ride bike
    - nap
    - dinner at home
    - bed early
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 2023
    JFT for 5/25/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No desserts today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/24)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/25✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 5/23) (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/15)[/color]✔️Didn't eat today
    11) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️

JFT for 5/26/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.
    2) None of DH's stash today. No bagels.
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/29
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)
    11) Can eat what I want at birthday party today, if I go.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    **Not doing until I'm fully better

Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    Today was lovely and warm, with a slight breeze. Worked in the garden. Went to look at bedding plants after lunch. Have some laundry to put away but will leave it until tomorrow morning.
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞💎 MAY 2023 💎🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    May focus: regaining fitness after op.
    Little by little!!!
    📍Focus: improve fitness level.
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

Improve fitness level.
    I am gradually increasing the intensity of my formal exercise

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
    🦋🦋🦋🦋

Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

🫶 Terri

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 2023

JFT for 5/26/2023 (today)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today. ✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today. No bagels.✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/29✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/23)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/15)[/color]✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Can eat what I want at birthday party today, if I go.✔️
    JFT for 5/27/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 5/26)
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    11) Can eat dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at restaurant.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    **Not doing until I'm fully better

Now in shared file:

• teigansdad
    Plan for today
    2k calories💩
    10-14 glasses of water💩
    40-60 min trainer (was gonna do treadmill but I think the impact of running will make my hand throb like a mofo)💩
    Log all food
    No more than small bowls of popcorn. (Seems like it has taken over as my gateway drug)💩
    No beer✅
    No food after 9💩

Well yesterday was a bust. I sis skip the beer. Just finished almost 3 hrs on the trainer. Trying to stay focused and not fall into a slump. Finger starting to not throb anymore
    Pretty much fine unless it gets bumped from the side

Todays goals
    Shoot for -700 to 1000 cals
    Drink 10-14 glasses water
    Trainer ✅✅
    No beer
    Log food
    No food after 9
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 2023
    JFT for 5/27/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 5/26)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Monday 5/29✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 5/15)[/color]✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Can eat dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at restaurant.✔️
    JFT for 5/28/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 5/26)
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, ice cream, bagels, frozen cookies).
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    11) Can eat dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at restaurant.
    Now in shared file:

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until with DH and my friend. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 2023
    Hour commitment - Changing my JFT to allow ice cream or dessert if DH and friend want it.