WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Tracey- I am going to show dh that site- that is amazing.
    I bought two machines- one to transfer 8mm to sd card and the other is to transfer slides. I have all of my grandmother's slides. I went through most of the slides but got frustrated with the movies and never did anything with them. I need to get back and try again. I am hoping one of the unmarked movies is of the firefalls in Yosemite. I remember seeing them in real life and also watching the home movie at my grandparents house.

Debbie

This app also does negatives and I think I read that it did slides.
    It’s pretty amazing. The subscription is 100.00 for the year here.

Tracey
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Busy day for me
    Went to my friends daughter's baptism..and then the after party ..it was very nice and got to see friends I haven't seen in awhile..
    I came home..and took a quick nap..Dan stopped to get the garbage out for me..and he is off to a Superbowl party..
    Not my cup of tea.. so will do my pills and watch Hometown and All Creatures..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Rita good luck getting your elbow stronger.

Tina sorry to hear about hard times with DH. Hope things improve soon.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Tina - (((HUGS))) Sooooo hard. <3

Tracey- Loving your app.

DH is feeling anxious again before bedtime. He goes through this every so often and then it goes away again. :'(<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I resisted the first of the Valentine's chocolate Yay!

Annie in Delaware

I have resisted too, but I am known to grab a Cadbury egg every now and then!😜💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I got three kinds of the Christmas hard candy when I helped at the food program. They reminded mom and i of my grandma(her mom) She always had a bowl of that candy around. I got mini ribbon candy, filled hard candy and the "cut rock" candy. I am limiting myself to a few pieces at a time and just suck on them so they last. I am sure I am eating more than I should
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc-3hrs 8min 12sec, vacuum, dust, laundry fold and put away, change bedsheets and duvet, refill hummingbird food, mix more lotion, etc= 890c
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I walked my sixty minutes Yay! And still holding tough against the Valentine's Day chocolate! So far so good!

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie – I do hope you find those pieces soon. How exasperating!

Tina – keeping you in my thoughts. I couldn’t help think of FIL. He used to do this to MIL, she’d be painting the ceiling and he’d say “you missed that spot”.

Ycatsss – welcome!

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Machka - I enjoy Nora’s books that are not in trilogy’s as well. Which one did you get?

We found an app called Photomyne
    What it does for old photos is remarkable. It is a subscription that we chose not to pay for at the time but will be soon to go through some photos here.

Tracey in Edmonton

The book is Legacy ... I like the ones with a bit of mystery attached. :)

That app sounds interesting. I might have to look it up for some of my older photos.

Also, when my husband had a heart attack in May 2021, I hesitated for a while about calling the ambulance because it didn't present like what I expected.

For about a couple months prior to the heart attack, he had been less and less energetic and wasn't keeping up with things ... and generally acting a little bit unwell. I figured it was his brain injury. Then, a few times when he exercised a bit more than usual, he said his stomach wasn't feeling well, and once he stopped an indoor ride to throw up.

We went for a 50 km bicycle ride and he was irritable and tired, and said his stomach wasn't well through the ride. When we finished the ride, we just stayed in the parking lot for a bit because he thought he might throw up. As we drove through town, I asked if he wanted to stop at the hospital, but he said no, he felt a bit better. However, not long after we got home, his stomach was upset again and he did throw up.

I was thinking he got dehydrated on the ride or something until he started complaining about pain in his upper abdomen. Then I rang Triple 0.

Meanwhile, my stomach often gets upset and I feel nauseated because my digestive system is really slow and things back up.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    5lskgq4uvuy3.png

Of course, the actual quote is slightly different ...

“Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel; and away she goes, the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood.”
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Strongerfaith—Welcome back. 🌸 😊
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Good morning ladies!

I resisted the first of the Valentine's chocolate Yay!

Annie in Delaware

I have resisted too, but I am known to grab a Cadbury egg every now and then!😜💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I got three kinds of the Christmas hard candy when I helped at the food program. They reminded mom and i of my grandma(her mom) She always had a bowl of that candy around. I got mini ribbon candy, filled hard candy and the "cut rock" candy. I am limiting myself to a few pieces at a time and just suck on them so they last. I am sure I am eating more than I should

Hard candy is nice because it helps with portion control. I buy sugar free jolly ranchers, and lemon drops for husband and I.👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa