• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Good morning. I’m off out to Craft Group shortly so just a quick fly by.

Ginny: Escape to the Country is a real thing 😝 I watch it. We also have ‘A Place in the Sun’ where they find people homes in warmer climes. They are both popular programmes.

Yesterday went well.
    Today’s intentions:
    📍Clear card stuff off desk. ✔️(I made a Valentine card for DH yesterday)
    📍am: Craft Group
    📍Latin translation
    📍Solid Habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    Feb 14 Express creativity by creating art or cooking a new meal. Something for Joe or T or the dance party tonight? Or maybe my creativity lies in district minutes and playing with spreadsheets ;)
    Kylia a case of soda and 10 bags of groceries into a Miata trunk? That wasn’t creative packing, that was opening a door into another dimension.
    Lanette interesting about yellow light, even firelight. Another thing to be grateful about our wood burning stove.
    Debbie and Ginny, I wasn’t aware of eating anything “sugarless” yesterday but that might account for yesterday’s “accident”. Usually is just a gaseous reaction so I avoid maltitol and other sugar substitutes.
    Safe travels, Michele!
    Barbie, what Katla said about your music. Thanks for recommending “A Complaint Free World.” Picked it up at the library and zipped through the first few pages in the parking lot ;)
    Happy Valentines Day to everyone on this thread. <3<3<3
    I LOVE YOU. <3<3<3
    And love yourself. You are the most important person in your life. Without you, nothing matters.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
    Ditto and right back atcha, Heather!

Our fool’s spring ended yesterday afternoon when the temp dropped 10 degrees F in 10 minutes. Wimping out on driving to Gold Beach for the casserole-a-thon as the forecast is for wind and up to two inches of snow. I’d be ok in that little snow but not if the wind was as blinding as it was in December.
    02/13: Move: 1 set PT, line dance class. active mins:251 steps:7518
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 15+2+5+1+4+0 = apple, basil, beets-baked+juice, carrot juice, celery juice, corn-kernels and muffin, cucumber, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, lettuce juice, mint jelly, onions, parsley juice, peanut butter, pecans, pepperoncini, popcorn, potatoes, radish, romaine, sauerkraut, spinach juice, tangerines, tea, tomato juice/sauce/chunks in soup and chili, watercress juice, wheat (English muffin/pizza crust/rigatoni/sourdough). CI<CO=147
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, draft minutes completed but not sent pending president’s feedback, draft ODOT letter and training statement completed and sent, library, post office, gas, recycling. Wt: 134.7
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Terri-Thanks for confirmation! It is one one of the unique channels on Hulu (DABL). I like seeing the houses in different countries and what they consider the norm. In the US we are spoiled with house sizes in many ways.

KarenI love those pictures of LillyBell and Rory. My son wasn't too put off by his brother-he was disappointed he couldn't play. My oldest grandson had to welcome twin brothers! My Granddaughter took well to her brother when born. Her nose got a bit out of joint when his medical condition early on took alot of mom and dad's attention but it seems to have worked out-they alternate between loving each other to pieces and fighting like cats and dogs.

Today is scheduled work from home. Have hair appointment at 10. Was thinking of going into office after that but may try to stay here-less distraction.

Happy Valentine's Day,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Good morning. I’m off out to Craft Group shortly so just a quick fly by.

Ginny: Escape to the Country is a real thing 😝 I watch it. We also have ‘A Place in the Sun’ where they find people homes in warmer climes. They are both popular programmes.

Yesterday went well.
    Today’s intentions:
    📍Clear card stuff off desk. ✔️(I made a Valentine card for DH yesterday)
    📍am: Craft Group
    📍Latin translation
    📍Solid Habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

And there's also 'I Escaped to the Country' to touch base with those who bought houses on 'Escape to the Country'. :)

Aled Jones was one of the real estate people on 'Escape to the Country' some time ago, and I recently found out that he sings. People here in Australia have informed me that he has been a singer for decades.

I like watching 'Escape to the Country' etc. later in the evenings on weekends. It's relaxing.

ginnytez wrote: »
    Heather-I have to ask-there is a home buying program here called "Escape to the Country." It's about looking for houses in the English country side. Is it actually a show in the UK-or just something to amuse us on this side of the pond? I do like seeing the different homes.

Take care all,
    Ginny in Ohio

Are the house hunting shows we've seen when we've been to North America somewhat real-ish?

We've seen ones where Americans go to another country to find a house and they have to choose between 3 places.

I've also seen a few episodes of one with a couple who have a bunch of kids ... she's got long black hair and he's blonde. They flip houses, take care of the kids and she bakes stuff. In one show she set up a bakery while they flipped a house???

I really like the UK Escape to the Country, but I wouldn't mind a few more house shows.

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3<3<3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Only if you're interested in doing something like this as we go along ...

Feel Good Feb and/or Exercising the Alphabet in February
    Feel Good Feb
    zdlnh64mq3da.png
    https://www.actbelongcommit.org.au/programs-initiatives/feelgood-feb/

Exercising the Alphabet in February

In other words, on February 1, you'd walk to a street that starts with A or do an exercise video hosted by someone whose name starts with A or something ... A.

On February 2, you'd go swimming at a Beach or play a game of Baseball or something ... B.

On February 3, you'd go Cycling or Climb some stairs or something ... C.

and so on.

There are, of course, 26 letters in the alphabet and 28 days in February, so you'd have 2 free days if you didn't exercise those days or couldn't fit in the next letter of the alphabet.
    I have listed several January highlights so that meets the calendar suggestion for February 1...

And I walked to the Asian "dollar store" next to the Asian grocers and bought Art supplies at lunch today. That'll be my A. :)

Put myself in someone else's shoes --- I've been treating my difficult work colleague with kindness by talking to her about her son, complimenting her skirt, talking quietly and gently to her and so on.

And today, I walked to Bathurst Street to Buy some Books. I also climbed stairs in my Building. :)

Watch a movie that reminds me of kindness --- probably not tonight!

C is for Climbing and walking on Collins St!

Take a picture of three things that make you happy --

aocs3725u6ly.png
    42vpz698ig8s.png
    qaqbrf33a1dz.png

D is for exercising Downstairs!
    Rowing - 16 minutes
    Walking - 38 minutes
    Weights - 10 minutes

Be kind to yourself -- Sleep, gardening and cycling! :)

E is for Exercising!
    Plus we cycled on Endeavour Ave and the Esplanade. :)

Start a conversation with someone new --- I'm not the sort to strike up random conversations, or conversations at all. But I did chat with a person I met recently and one I haven't seen in a few months today.

And ... F!
    mcuvbtguykqt.png

Consider a current struggle. Write down two thoughts that bring you comfort.

Hmmm ... A current struggle, like only one? Let's go with waiting. I feel like I spend most of my life waiting.

wrt353eh66bk.png
    x3f3p2wdopwq.png
    9g49r21ubbnn.png

And a walk to the botanical Gardens through the rose Garden!
    jrhi6g59mua4.png

Consider and celebrate diversity! Does that include people who look at things completely differently than you do? If so ... woohoo! I've had that opportunity today!

H is for Hobart - walking around. And Hanging clothes outside.

Identify a role model who embodies perseverance and find 2 ways to emulate them.

Well, I don't have role models ... and I've persevered as much or possibly even more than many people I know.

However, today was brought to you by the letter I. I did walk by and around IMAS (Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies).

Check an item off your to do list this weekend!

YES! I tidied a shelf in the kitchen. I've been meaning to do that for months but finally did it today. There was a large quantity of rubbish on that shelf ... more than I thought. So, much of the cleaning process was just throwing things out.

I've also been dusting our entertainment unit and all the stuff on it.

And I went outside and tidied the area right in front of our front door which involved moving a whole bunch of pots and other garden things to a different location and then sweeping out a year's worth of leaves and stuff. I climbed up and down and up and down stairs doing that.

This evening I made an attempt at digging the area I want to plant things next to my dry stream. I got a new spade which is great, but even so, there are so many roots, I'll need to use something else to break it up.

Just getting rid of Junk and Jabbing the Soil

Make twice as much for dinner and either invite guests or deliver a meal to a friend ...

We're actually doing that sort of dinner thing on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, all my exercise was in K ... Kingborough today!

Cycling:
    bdgt6bwhubu9.png

Heaving a heavy mattock in the garden:
    x23kxu9gyuil.png

And walking our Kitty, Rhody. :)

Make a list for the week ahead so you stay focused.

I have one massive ongoing things to do list with the most urgent things at the top.

L
    Walking exercised my Legs.
    Gardening exercised all my Limbs!

Consider a recent disagreement. Did you extend forgiveness?
    Yes.
    I don't like being at odds with people.

M
    Meandering around Bunnings.
    Moving the Mattock.

Express creativity! I finished another version of my Project Plan!! That's as creative as I had a chance to be today.

N = Nowhere
    I walked the stairs to nowhere and the road to nowhere.
    67bhya0wa0yp.png

Machka in Oz