WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    Long walk - check!
    Favourite song loud - that would be good.
    Good workout - looking forward to hauling more rocks this weekend.
    Escape into a story - tonight!

e5h5acljuggh.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Recent Totals

bsno4fpkoqbp.png

sae3zd3owbxl.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,711 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im here with Miles,Carmine is not well,he doesn't eat right at all and is skipping classes and failing all her classes.. Tracy is going out of her mind trying to deal with it all..Im here for moral support..
    Same thing happened to me my freshman year I ended up having mono..
    Maybe thats it..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka, Your rose is extraordinary. Is it aromatic? Thanks for sharing it.

Karen in Virginia
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Karen, I'm so sorry that your son wouldn't allow you ex to be there to set him straight and back you up. Do you think, perhaps in some way he knows that his father would set him straight and he's happy blaming you too?

I have another friend who's been suffering from migraines all week too, Kylia. I'm so sorry. Wonder if it's something in the weather? So glad you're away from the derailment. It's such a horrible disaster. Praying for everyone there and beyond.

17-Offer a helping hand to someone, such as holding a door for a
    stranger... whenever I can
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    I watched a wonderful movie based on a true story last night. I Am Somebody's Child: The Regina Louise Story

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather, Gosh, you and Johnny and your grandchildren are wonderful artists. Don’t underestimate yourselves in any way. The work all of you are doing is truly outstanding. Well done.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Machka - I'll be shopping for a few more containers for gardening. Hadn't thought of plastic rubbish bins. Thank you! Was going to pick up another large one to set under the downspout by the shop (near where I plan to have the containers) to catch rainwater.

Michele - so how long does it typically take you and Vince to drive to the condo including stops? Half a day?

Karen - I looked up that "I am Somebody's Child - the Regina Louise Story," and it looks very good. I'll keep an eye out for it. When I was younger, one of my girlfriends was complaining about her dad and said his life is all about what's to eat and medicines/aches and pains. Probably poop too, but he was the reserved type. Food, what hurts, and the bathroom. Some days, that sums it up! :D

I was going to join in a Zoom talk about the brain last night. When I opened the Zoom link, I was expecting the presenter and instead there was an old lady in poor lighting. IT WAS ME! YIKES! For a minute I thought it was my mom!

I've never had that happen before. I need to read up on this Zoom. In the meantime I put tape over the camera, lol. If I do start zooming with me showing, I'm definitely going to have to fluff my hair and put on some makeup.

In case anyone hasn't had their fill of ultra processed food info, here's a link that popped up on "The Sugar Movement" FB page this morning:
    Strangely, now I'm now craving a McD's Filet of Fish and fries! :p

Heading out in a few to beat the crowd at Wally World and see if Tractor Supply has any chicken coops. I'm months away but need to get started and at least see if I want to go through the hassle. Talk about decision fatigue, lol.

Make it a wonderful day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Click the button to turn the camera off.

I've got mine set so that there is no camera and it is on mute when I "enter" Zoom.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Tracey - I think children today, if they are lucky enough to be born into an encouraging family, have a lot of opportunities and exposure to things. But a lot of it is just encouraging their own personalities to flower. Max is here today, and he couldn't be more different to either girl. We spent the morning trying to emulate the Ancient Greeks and work out the area of a circle before pi. DH had lost his compass, so we used two pencils, string, and a ruler! Along the way we googled ancient maths and methods and units of measuring. I checked all the results with my calculator, and we were way out! :p Great fun and I learnt a lot.
    They went out for fish and chips on their own, while I went food and drink shopping. Bought some pink Cava for our guests aperitif tomorrow evening.
    I made beds, found and folded towels, cleaned the bathroom they will use etc. Will titivate the downstairs tomorrow morning. DH to sweep the front garden and porch. And clean the kitchen tonight. I think they won't be staying for Sunday lunch. Part of me hopes they won't, as I do get so exhausted with guests, but I have enough food if they do. She wants to get back to study for her viva on Tuesday, about counselling adoptive parents.

Now for a short nap!
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Breakfast didn’t sit well this morning. I’m putting tangerines on the do not eat list—

👎
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    I lost 1.2 pounds last week Yay! I'm particularly happy because I had three neutral calorie deficit days, Sunday, Monday because I forgot my calendar, and Wednesday because of the Valentine's Day chocolate. So I wasn't expecting much.

I've been thinking about tossing the rest of the chocolates. I don't really want them. But throwing out food! Especially a delicacy! Hmm. I know I have your permission to toss them. Or maybe I
    should freeze them. Hmm.

I have taxes to do, which is the perfect reason to have a personal yoga festival. I wonder how much yoga I can do in one day. The videos are cheerful for a rainy day.

So sad about the train mess in Ohio.

Karen good luck with your son. You are doing better than I did. My daughter won't talk to me at all.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,858 Member
    Options
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE; today I appreciate electricity.
    #2 Practice fairness today by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes: I did this with a camper who I received complaints about. I put myself in his shoes when speaking with him. He was a very lonely man who only had his dogs (one barking, one loose) and the people he meets at campgrounds. Made me more compassionate when talking to him about the dogs.

#3 Watch a movie that reminds you of kindness. I watched the Adam Project.
    #4 Take a picture of 3 things that make you happy. Send them to a friend. Done!
    #5 Be kind to yourself. Self-compassion is equally important. Will do today.
    #6 Start a conversation with someone new. I do this every day with the campers!
    #7 Consider a current struggle. Write down 2 thoughts that give you comfort. My dog Brownie’s heart trouble. Her spells are getting worse and there is nothing the vet can do. Comforting thoughts—She lived a good life with us. She brought us many days of comfort and enjoyment with her loving attitude.
    #8. Consider and celebrate diversity today. I am a white girl living among darker Mexicans and native Americans. Campers come from around the world and love to hear the accents and learn about the different cultures i come into contact with. Do this every day!
    #9. Identify a role model who embodies perseverance. Can you find two ways to emulate them? My 30 year old autistic nephew. He never gives up no matter what health challenge he faces. I can emulate him by not complaining about every little ache and pain, and by doing what needs to be done to get through any health issues that may come up.
    #10. Check an item off your to-do list this weekend. Working on my taxes.
    #11. Make twice as much for dinner and either invite guests or deliver the meal to a friend. We give food to people all the time. My DH cooks and we give food to different campers and workers here at the park almost every day!
    #12. Make a list for the week ahead so you stay focused. Done
    #13. Consider a recent disagreement. Did you extend forgiveness? After I bough myself a Sonic blast to ‘cool down’.
    #14. Express creativity by making art or cooking a new meal. I write in a journal that has writing prompts I have to make up stories for. Yesterday I wrote a short story about a dog leash!
    #15. If you are waiting in line today, let someone get in front of you. May not be today, but i did do it on Sunday!
    #16. The next time someone does something you appreciate, be sure to let them know. Will do! Didn’t have the opportunity but will watch for a chance today!
    17. Offer a helping hand to someone, such as holding a door for a stranger. I may have a chance today.
    #18. Share about a recent book you read and what you learned.
    #19. Show sincere appreciation when someone serves you food or drink.
    #20. Complement someone today. Ideas include recognizing a great smile or earrings.
    #21. When you recognize someone is struggling, offer words of support.
    #22. Ask for help. That’s a simple way to express bravery.
    #23. Encourage your teammates to utilize their unique strengths.
    #24. Reflect on the steps you have taken to achieve your past goals.
    #25. Express gratitude today by thanking someone.
    #26. Think about the upcoming work week. How can you apply teamwork?
    #27. Send or leave a handwritten thank you note to someone.
    #28. Giving constructive feedback is one way to ignite honesty.
    Rita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,858 Member
    Options
    I have an elbow brace and have been using that plus Bio-Freeze twice a day. I am almost sure I messed up my elbow by upping my weights to 3 pounds and trying to do 3 reps of 10. I felt it. So back to 2 lbs and 1 set for now. Did that yesterday (with the brace on) and elbow is not so bad today. So back to basics!

My knee however is another issue. I bought a patella support-type brace. It goes just below the knee. It is a strap and helps a lot. I don’t have arthritis in my knees but tendinitis. This band helps that too.

Funny since I mentioned telling the doctor about my “pains” I have gotten better doing home repair! LOL

Gotta get ready to go.

Laters lovely ladies!
    Rita