WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Friday,
    We broke record high on Wednesday-71f! Was wonderful! MachkaI am looking forward to summer! Today we are almost at our high of 31f plus cloudy.

The train accident is too far from me to make much difference at this time, but feel so badly for all the people it is affecting!

It has been a hard week. Migraine all week which means I am less tolerant of people in my space.
    My tolerance for people is also really BAD! For example, I haven't been home since before covid. I am going home to surprise my brother for his birthday on March 8th. Yes, it is in the middle of the week. Yes, I am taking it off through Saturday. DH is unsure as to if he wants to go. I DON'T CARE! He can come with or not. I am going home. My sister wants to come visit me in Ohio. She hasn't been to my home since 2009 and I haven't seen her in over 5 years! My sister in law says "I think you are taking too much time off!" REALLY!!??!! For my sister's visit I might take part of a Friday off and a Saturday. D****** I deserve to have time with my family! My DH has been rearranging things at work in a way that makes no sense to me. These are things that I deal with daily, why is he messing with them?!!?? RRRR! Lazy adults are pissing me off too. DH made some comment about why I was washing mowers. My reply was that apparently no one else knows how to take pride in their work. I am tired of being embarrassed to take mowers around that don't even look like they got washed. Also tired of having to double check the mechanics work! The music in the truck isn't right, the temperature in the truck isn't right, the papers aren't filed right.......Like I said, it has been a hard week.
    So I disconnected my phone from the truck, he can listen to the d*** radio at work and in the truck. I found my earbuds and put one in and can listen to what I want. I put it in my left ear which is my good ear ;) this makes the rest just background noise. Maybe I am just being overly sensitive, but I really do know how to do my job, how to work on mowers, how to organize things, how to take care of our home.

Anyway, that is why I have been quiet on here. I still have Echo (which isn't up yet) and Stihl training to get done. All of the rest are done even ahead of deadlines. Paperwork caught up to yesterday morning. I tried to start on that this morning, but couldn't concentrate. Will have to do at work. DH and I have to go to a lawyer this morning for will reading for our recently passed friend.

HUGS!
    SAFE travels!
    Lots of LOVE and APPRECIATION for EACH and EVERYONE of You!!!

Kylia
    In Ohio being a little witchy

Maybe you should take a couple of weeks off and go see your brother and your sister. Let your hub and his sister run their business without you.

Of course, the downside of this is you would come back to a complete and utter mess.

Hugs friend!
    Okie in the TX Hill Country

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    got a lot of pruning done- 6 of the 12 roses are done, the nectarine is done and sprayed plus some of the wine barrel planters are weeded. Both yard waste containers are full with another pile to go in(dh pruned one of the ornamental trees, really pruned it, that is ok, not a fan of it anyways). I will finish the roses Saturday and hopefully repot my dwarf lemon tree. The wine barrel it is in is falling apart and dries out too fast during the summer because of it. Neighbor gave me the drum from inside of their old washer. I can put the drum over the lemon tree without disturbing the roots.
    Almost an hour and a half. Could finish but then I would have to move the prunings twice.

Time for a little break then get dinner started

Debbie

We use large plastic rubbish bins for our orchard including our dwarf lemon.

M in Oz

Living in wine country, wine barrels are pretty easy to get and not too expensive and look nice, at least for about 10 yrs then start to fall apart. The only reason I am using the tub/barrel from the washer is because there isn't a bottom so I can just put it right over the tree and not disturb the roots.
    I will need to get some more soil to fill it up.
    In my garden, everything is planted in the large pots from the nursery that trees come in. I do have two large raised beds my parents built me for my birthday. Would love more of them but will just use what I have for now.

Do you have a picture of yours? Maybe a new option for me. I have used a few of the plastic totes that the lids cracked on so just drilled some holes and filled them with soil

• dlfk202000
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Friday,
    We broke record high on Wednesday-71f! Was wonderful! MachkaI am looking forward to summer! Today we are almost at our high of 31f plus cloudy.

The train accident is too far from me to make much difference at this time, but feel so badly for all the people it is affecting!

It has been a hard week. Migraine all week which means I am less tolerant of people in my space.
    My tolerance for people is also really BAD! For example, I haven't been home since before covid. I am going home to surprise my brother for his birthday on March 8th. Yes, it is in the middle of the week. Yes, I am taking it off through Saturday. DH is unsure as to if he wants to go. I DON'T CARE! He can come with or not. I am going home. My sister wants to come visit me in Ohio. She hasn't been to my home since 2009 and I haven't seen her in over 5 years! My sister in law says "I think you are taking too much time off!" REALLY!!??!! For my sister's visit I might take part of a Friday off and a Saturday. D****** I deserve to have time with my family! My DH has been rearranging things at work in a way that makes no sense to me. These are things that I deal with daily, why is he messing with them?!!?? RRRR! Lazy adults are pissing me off too. DH made some comment about why I was washing mowers. My reply was that apparently no one else knows how to take pride in their work. I am tired of being embarrassed to take mowers around that don't even look like they got washed. Also tired of having to double check the mechanics work! The music in the truck isn't right, the temperature in the truck isn't right, the papers aren't filed right.......Like I said, it has been a hard week.
    So I disconnected my phone from the truck, he can listen to the d*** radio at work and in the truck. I found my earbuds and put one in and can listen to what I want. I put it in my left ear which is my good ear ;) this makes the rest just background noise. Maybe I am just being overly sensitive, but I really do know how to do my job, how to work on mowers, how to organize things, how to take care of our home.

Anyway, that is why I have been quiet on here. I still have Echo (which isn't up yet) and Stihl training to get done. All of the rest are done even ahead of deadlines. Paperwork caught up to yesterday morning. I tried to start on that this morning, but couldn't concentrate. Will have to do at work. DH and I have to go to a lawyer this morning for will reading for our recently passed friend.

HUGS!
    SAFE travels!
    Lots of LOVE and APPRECIATION for EACH and EVERYONE of You!!!

Kylia
    In Ohio being a little witchy

You more than deserve that time with your family and more. Maybe there will be a snow storm and you get snowed in with them and have to have a little more time off with your family.
    Happy birthday to your brother- that is my birthday too.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie take care of yourself! When you need more help, it's only responsible to get more help, instead of risking the whole system breaking down.

Well the personal yoga festival sounded like great fun until I remembered my limits. My knee and elbow will give out if I do too much. So I did an hour and quit. Seems good so far Yay!

There's still aerobic walking to do.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 58min 16sec, 79elev, 2.77ap, 94ahr, 111mhr, 5.77mi= 576c
    Strava app = 706c
    Walk home to gym- 10.19min, .53mi= 51c
    Strava app= 66c
    Treadmill jog- 10.34min, 5.6sp-7.0sp, 10.34min mi, 140ahr, 181mhr, 1mi= 113c
    Elliptical machine- 15min, 4incl, 4resist, 129ahr, 184mhr, 1.23mi= 184c
    Walk gym to home- 11.26min, .53mi= 56c
    Strava app= 66c

Another slow jog. Gotta get my legs used to running again.
    Total cal 980
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I ate 1203 calories and I have a deficit of 291. Yay! And I did my aerobic walking Yay!

So I managed to fit in two pieces of chocolate and there are five left.

I can't decide what to make for my parents dinner. Maybe soup.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Rosemary: I study Latin and Shakespeare to keep my mind active 😝 Also do lots of puzzles and jigsaws. I help run the group.

Intentions for today:
    📍Laundry✔️
    📍Latin Study Group✔️
    📍gardening✔️
    📍solid habits✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Breakfast didn’t sit well this morning. I’m putting tangerines on the do not eat list—

👎

You might need to see a doctor about your digestive issues. They've been going on a long time.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

We use large plastic rubbish bins for our orchard including our dwarf lemon.

M in Oz

Living in wine country, wine barrels are pretty easy to get and not too expensive and look nice, at least for about 10 yrs then start to fall apart. The only reason I am using the tub/barrel from the washer is because there isn't a bottom so I can just put it right over the tree and not disturb the roots.
    I will need to get some more soil to fill it up.
    In my garden, everything is planted in the large pots from the nursery that trees come in. I do have two large raised beds my parents built me for my birthday. Would love more of them but will just use what I have for now.

Do you have a picture of yours? Maybe a new option for me. I have used a few of the plastic totes that the lids cracked on so just drilled some holes and filled them with soil

You can see the apple trees in them here:

apx0tebsbrcr.png
    [/quote]

That is a great idea- thank you.

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)