WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Debbie thanks for explaining how to do the stretches. I definitely need some relief.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    no class tonight because of the holiday but a friend from zumba is going to meet me at the park and we will walk for the hour. Only at the park because it is well lit. We both prefer the wetlands but no lights at all out there. We have used our flashlights on our phones a few times when it got dark faster than we expected and needed some light to get back to the cars. Looking forward to when we can be out there at 8 PM again.

Pork tenderloin and butternut squash for dinner tonight. Will have salad with mine I think.

Debbie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!
    I did thirty minutes of yoga so I have a calorie deficit of 146, so about half my target, not bad for feeling ill. My belly has settled so if I didn't have my book group I could do my aerobic walking, but it's not going to happen.

I had to do that stretch too. I think it was for bursitis.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Just finished watching the Help.. I haven't seen it in years..some funny scenes in it..
    Just got out of the shower,load of laundry done. And Alfie snoring away..I have cut his soft food out and just have been giving him blue buffalo kibble..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Ginny hope you feel better! Take care of yourself!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome Barb from Canada!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did a Yoga for Inflexible People DVD yesterday. Found that you need a ball so I have to take that one back to NC and bring another one down here. Then went to the race. After the race we usually get dinner. The place we used to go to closed so we’d go to IHOP. Last year they had 2 waitresses, this year they only had 1 and 1 cook. Why they do that is beyond me. It’s not like it’s a surprise when the race will be held and people would want to come for dinner. There were quite a few people waiting to just get their names on the list. So we went to the car and sat while traffic started to go

Did Gilad Ultimate Body Sculpt DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Total Cardio Burn DVD

Went to Publix (they sell silken tofu!) and then WalMart then bought gas. Just doing laundry right now and then we’ll go to buy a dishwasher. First we’ll make a donation to the SPCA thrift shop

Debbie – we even took out the lower rack just in case there was something we missed. Nope. We looked for signs on the heating coil of something having melted. Nope. Well, the condos were built in the 70’s and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this is the original dishwasher. I know MIL never replaced it and we’ve owned the condo for about 15 years. So it’s probably time. On the bright side – when I remodel the kitchen, the cost of a new dishwasher won’t have to come out of my “landscape” fund!

Paula – welcome. Many of us (me included) aren’t tech savvy so don’t hesitate. Some (like M) are and are more than happy to help you. Like you, I do well all day, then come evening, I can easily munch my way over calories.

Bought a new dishwasher then went in the pool. Tonight I took a walk around the parking lot and stopped in at the clubhouse to sign us up for the pot luck. They were playing horseracing so I stopped to see what it was all about. They asked me to play even tho I didn’t bring any money. So I did. They did give me some of the change “for the next time you come”. I should probably go in two weeks. Not that I’m a fan of it.

I agree with so much on here. By the time I get a chance to say things, someone else has. Oh well….the sentiments are here

Tracey – the post office knows that we don’t get mail here, so I don’t know what they would do. Maybe keep it in their dead letter place???? I am glad, too, that I’m not raising kids today.

Allie – HUGS

kylia – there was this blind guy at the Daytona. I’m sure he felt the roar of the engine, felt the crowd. I do hope your hubby goes to the race with you. Yea for your scan! Good luck with the echo

Barb – welcome! How great your hubby is with you

Sorry for anyone I missed. Had to do some skimming.

Michele in FL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Was it Debbie who mentioned doing piriformis stretches in the shower? Thank you so much, whoever it was. I have had dramatic improvement in flexibility, back/sciatic pain, sitting posture, and stride after just 2 weeks! Wow!

Karen in Virginia

Glad they help. Just a simple stretch but boy does it make a difference. You can do them out of the shower which I do before Zumba class if I remember or during the day if my back is acting up but in the hot shower is so much better. Combination of the hot massaging water with the stretches works great.
    Debbie

Could you re-explain how to do them in the shower?? I am also having that type of issue and would like some relief! I know about the ones that you do while you are laying down or sitting up but the shower one sounds like it would work well. What do you actually do?

The stretch I do in the shower is when you stand up, have your feet crossed and slowly bend and touch your toes, trade feet and do it again. Don't know the name of them, assumed that is the ones Karen was referring to.

Yes, these are the stretches I am referring to.

Be careful not to lose your balance!!!!

My shower has very good water pressure/temperature and is set on pulsating mode. I direct the water to hit my sacrum and mid-buttock and just surrender to the stretch while the hot water is hitting my piriformis area. I keep the front leg slightly relaxed and the rear leg straight. Then I switch my feet around and stretch the other side.

It’s a game changer.

gdvyktg1tplz.jpeg

Note: Water restrictors in shower heads will limit the force of the spray. It’s illegal to remove them in some states.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    Options
    Hopefully prolapse problem is being moved forward. It’s still a waiting game.

Karen: I think I need to try that stretch.

Enjoyed the distraction of Monday Painters yesterday afternoon. No formal commitments today.
    Intentions for today:
    📍general chores
    📍declutter bedroom surfaces
    📍Latin translation
    📍solid habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri