New here

Options
Hey everyone! I just activated my subscription for MyFitnessPal and I am super excited to embark on my weight loss journey. A little bit about me, I was a little over 200lbs a few years ago and I lost about 40lbs in the span of a year; unfortunately, due to some health problems I had to start a medication that gives me the munchies and causes weight gain. I tend to get hungrier at night after I take my medication, but I’m hoping by using this app to create a food journal I can take back control over my weight as I am again over 200lbs. I just need to figure out healthier food options at night when the medication goes into high gear. Wish me luck, and thank you for taking the time to read this!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome t the community!

It sounds like you have an additional challenge that most of us don't. You can still succeed if you put your mind to it and then STICK TO IT!
  • flare14
    flare14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I’m in the same boat — I’m trying to lose 20 lbs to get me right around 200lbs.
  • Mrlegoman18
    Mrlegoman18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The munchies suck! But keeping track in your journal and being honest with yourself is a great start. You can also see if you can move a meal closer to that time to help curb the cravings