WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,194 Member
    March, 2023 Action for happiness.org

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate midnight loving.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 3/15-(100%,100%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 4/31– (84%,86%,)
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow,)
    Meditation: daily. 4/31 (82%(started Feb))

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 4/8–(100%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9484, (7,700,100%-9851,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 6/15 —(100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)24/64–(100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2—(100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 4/20– -(100%,88%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 8/12 (100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——3/12—(100%.100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71(100%,100%,100)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world. The blue water of Lea Lake, Snow on the mountains at a distance, walking a nature trail. All at Bottomless Lakes State Park.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I am healthy and above ground. I can walk,talk,hear, see, taste, and smell (mostly). I appreciate that I alive and have a healthy body.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. I will try…
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. I sent texts to my long distance friends to send them love.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. Most days are like that for me. So much less stress!
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day. Sounds like a plan.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food. Started at breakfast.
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.
    Barbie's Happiness Commandments

Be Barbie
    Lighten up
    Do it now
    Dance more
    Choose strategy over willpower
    Cultivate an attitude of gratitude
    Come from a place of love
    Stay in the moment
    Act the way you want to feel
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
    Don't expect praise or recognition
    It is what it is
    Don't take things personally
    Treat yourself like a toddler
    What's fun for other people may not be fun for you, and vice versa
    You can choose what you do, but you can't choose what you like
    Be kind, no exceptions
    Ask always, how could my life be better with less?
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,691 Member
    Happy Birthday March peeps!👍🏻🎂💖🤗

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    Happy Birthday Debbie :flowerforyou:

Happy Birthday M :flowerforyou:
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,142 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    I had a great walk around the wetlands. Nice to get out and walk after so many days of rain.
    Got my 5 miles in. Tomorrow I will see if it is sunny or rain- 50/50 chance if you listen to Alexa.
    I have zumba tomorrow night so if I don't walk, it will be ok. Yep, going to class on my birthday. Dh and I will go out to lunch on Thursday instead beings we are both off. Not sure where yet.

Going to head for bed a little early. Want to get extra sleep so I can keep up at class.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca

Exercising on our birthday is a great way to celebrate it. :)

Happy Birthday from one birthday girl to another. :)

33hy1fjfyq50.png

Machka in Oz

Thanks! Happy birthday to you too.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Machka and Debbie,

Happy Birthday!!! :)
  • dlfk202000
    I do like having plants because our winters are so long here it is nice to have green. Yesterday I also bought a bouquet of daisies for $5.99 and split it into three bouquets to spread about the house. Between having both plants and the flowers it really helps me through the winter. I have a number of plants at son's house too! I bring in some of my annuals too that will give me some blooms over the winter. Geraniums and Lantania are two of them.

Yes plants and pets are work, but they also give back. They also do not argue and appreciate whatever care you give them. With DrewB I have met so many nice people on my walks who I would have not met otherwise. I sleep better with her at my side too.

I love plants and flowers in the house but until this past year, I had a cat that would eat every plant /flower(live or plastic) so couldn't have them. With 7 cats still in the house, a bit leary about having them in case they go for them too.
    I really want to pick up the daffodil that are on sale this week at Safeway- two bunches for $5.
  • dlfk202000
    Thank you all so much for all the birthday wishes.

I will walk a little at the wetlands before picking Ezie up and school and I have Zumba tonight so get to do what I enjoy on my day.

We will go out to lunch tomorrow- dh and I are both off plus his package that was supposed to be delivered tomorrow and signed for(a 3D printed thing that he made for a guy and the guy broke it so needs it repaired along with some other model he wants dh to repaint)is coming today.

Got to text with my BFF this morning- She has been my best friend since I was in 4th grade and she was in 2nd grade.
    Mom just called me.
    So far, a good day. Only thing I wanted to do was sleep in a little more but that is ok. Had an asthma attack early this morning but was able to get back to sleep for another hour before dh came home from work at 8AM

Thanks again ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,582 Member
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food. And think about what I really want ;}

Karen thanks for the pbutter chicken recipe!
    Machka how long ago was that cardiologist dismissal? Could it be time for a second opinion?
    Welcome @rberr71 Rebecca! Would you let us know your general locale so we can distinguish you from Rebecca on Whidbey Island?
    Rosemarie sounds like you are taking the best steps you can at this time. Sharing here gives me a sense of accomplishment, hope it does the same for you.
    Welcome home Betsy!
    Allie the “do not pet..’ meme made me snort my water. Thanks! Now that Miles has mastered the witch doctor song, is he ready for the one eyed one armed flying purple people eater?
    Welcome @laurieangel64 Laurie! Read your 59 newbie post. Congratulations on your new determination. Many wise, caring women here can empathize with one or more of your issues. When my bad/sad thoughts overwhelm me it helps me to get up and dance a few steps, even if it is only for a minute or two. It really helps.
    Margaret yours to Allie and especially Rosemarie. I’m learning the greatest gift I can give the grieving is to listen without speaking/thinking/trying to distract. Just be with the person.
    Carol JC Penney’s St. John’s Bay Petite 16 jeans fit my apple shaped 4’10” body just right. Yours to Allie too!
    Welcome @Joy1580vb from Canada! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called?

Only through pg 24 but time to get ready for line dance class.
    03/07: Move: 2 sets PT with dumbbells, Jeopardy walking active mins: steps:
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far far: 10+5+6+4+5+4+4 =38 apple, artichoke, beans-garbanzo, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celeriac, celery, cherries-dried, cranberries, edamame, ginger, Kashi, kohlrabi, macadamia nuts, mint jelly, mushrooms, olive oil, onions-red/soup, parsnips, peanut butter, pecans, pepperoncini, peppers-sweet, pomelo, popcorn, potato, radish, rice-white, romaine, scallions, snap peas, tangerines, tea-black, tea-lemongrass/wintergreen, tofu, walnuts, wheat-pasta/English Muffin/ginger snaps/brownie/pancake/matzoh/sourdough. CI<CO=672
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, 45+ mins grooming Tumble, Wt: 136.9
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. March: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,989 Member
    Happy birthday Debbie and Machka! Hope you both have a wonderful day.

I have indoor and outdoor plants. The cats leave them alone except for the spider plant. I hung that planter from the ceiling so they can't reach it. The lucky bamboo is on a high shelf or I think they would eat it too. They don't seem to care for the Christmas cactus, pepperomia or shamrocks. The outdoor plants are in pots around the gazebo and consist mostly of plants that repel mosquitoes.

Kim - words fail me. Sending strength and peace.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,994 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Not much to add,except bless his heart Miles was giving me kisses with a stuffy nose here is hoping I don't catch anything lol
    He is the most sweet and loving little guy..
    Carmine on the other hand,is hormonal and miserable and failing school... but is going to therapy every other week..
    They have a PPT meeting online tomorrow I think Tracy said.. both her and Kyle have tried to sit with him to help with schoolwork.. but he just wont do it... he has stayed after a few times to get extra help.but other than doing the work for him Tracy is at a loss.
    Im still trying to figure out what to pack ,,but i am going to vaccum seal it in my suitcase..and bring the little vacuum sealer with me.