Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Happy International Women's Day!

sm5xhoa4i1pz.png
    whnb9u45cbu3.png
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Annie DE – how wonderful you have that bike and enjoy it so much.

Played cards and then went for a walk around the parking lot. Now to take a shower.

Michele
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Kim)))— What an unexpected surprise. I hope your counseling session will be helpful. Sending good thoughts your way.
    🤞🏻❤️🤞🏻

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Annie- hope you can help your dad get all the paperwork he needs. I talked to former hubby this evening. He was saying he had tried to get the SS paperwork for his mom(he has power of attorney or what ever). They said they couldn't help him, had to take dad in(his mom is in the dementia ward). After a lot of run around, it turns out that Carl didn't loose the paperwork, they had not sent him anything and had not been. They also have not been sending Shirley's SS checks either, for the past 4 YEARS!!! Carl thought that his and hers were combined. They now owe the back pay. That will be a great help to pay for Carl's rent(he has moved in to the same assisted living as Shirley just in a different floor.

I had a great walk around the wetlands. Nice to get out and walk after so many days of rain.
    Got my 5 miles in. Tomorrow I will see if it is sunny or rain- 50/50 chance if you listen to Alexa.
    I have zumba tomorrow night so if I don't walk, it will be ok. Yep, going to class on my birthday. Dh and I will go out to lunch on Thursday instead beings we are both off. Not sure where yet.

Going to head for bed a little early. Want to get extra sleep so I can keep up at class.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Kim - Those kind of shocks can send you reeling. The stories we tell ourselves to make sense of our lives, suddenly need to be rewritten. So glad you have scheduled therapy time for you to process it.
    Is it time to think about other arrangements for your mother's care? Once people start falling, it is a slippery slope, and often a rapid deterioration. Unless you want to be her full time carer, and be paid to be such, I don't see how you can make it work. You may have to make some loving boundaries for your own survival, both emotional and financial. Sending hugs. <3

I don't have any living things in my house, apart from my basil in the kitchen window. No pets, no plants. I absolutely hate taking care of things. Too much responsibility. It takes a massive mental energy from me and I feel far too responsible for them. I prefer to be FREE. ( My word for the year)
    Last autumn, Bea helped us plant a big pot with bulbs, outside our dining room window. It is beginning to look beautiful with the crocus and the tiny daffodils. Later the tulips will come through. No maintenance at all.
    Our garden is a wildlife sanctuary! :p DH does occasionally cut the grass. He maintains the bird feeders. We love watching the birds while we have breakfast every morning, but they are not our responsibility.

I've sorted out two lunch reservations in wonderful places in London for later this year. My old/new friend and I are going to The Wolseley - just about my favourite interior - Art Deco, and for DSIL's 70th in Noble Rot Wine, I've managed to confirm that DH'S daughter can't come, so it's just the four of us for a belated celebration. I do love the cozy, historical, venue. It's important to my pleasure to have no background music.
    There is something else hopefully going on in May which I am hugely looking forward to. :p

Love you lots, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Evelyn, So sorry you are under the weather. (((Hugs)))
  • Machka9
    Options
    Rosemarie - I’m so terribly sad that those you love and care for are not here for you as you need them to be.
    We all listen and care here.

I think my daughter summed it up well when we were home when my FIL passed. She said, “Mom, it just feels like the whole world should be as shocked and upset as we are. It makes it hard to comprehend that their lives are just going along like it’s a Monday and we are heartbroken and our whole world changed”.

Tracey in Edmonton

That's very true.

• Machka9
    Options
    This afternoon I will head to a local B&B and enjoy the spartan, cleanliness of the room I chose. I have been to this room before. The clutter of the house is beyond my physical ability to clean it right now. The ALS Association will come get the hoyer lyft. The yard man took the bed. He is going to take it for metal scrap. A friend will have breakfast with me tomorrow at the B&B.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Staying at the B&B for a little while is a great idea. :heart:

• Machka9
    Options
    Yesterday was a recharging day for me. I didn't do much other than read a novel. Just didn't have the energy.

There was a big storm overnight and throughout the day as a low pressure system and cold front moved in with wind, rain and snow down to 800 metres.

Today, I am a little bit more energetic. I've been reading, but also got out for a short walk with my husband.

Machka in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka, Yay for recharging days and for those who recognize the need. It’s a little bit like plugging an electric car in. <3

___

Rosemarie,

I agree with all the sentiments that have been expressed so eloquently here.

I hope your time at the B&B is peaceful and meditative.

Much love,

Karen in Virginia
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Kim-sorry in addition to your mom and her condition you are being hit with family secrets. Hopefully you can get stabilized.

Tracey-good news on the interview! Even if that job does not come through it is important to get practice selling yourself so every interview helps. I feel I must go over the contract with supervisors-it is their job to enforce!

Debbie-I'm really surprised if ex MIL is in a facility that SS payments weren't going directly to facility. Assuming she uses Medicare and or Medicaid-they are usually pretty good at looping all of that together. Strange.

Annie-glad bike is off to good start, you are smart to start slowly.

Evie-my only caution with how you are feeling is that I started feeling bad on Sunday and didn't test positive for Covid until Wednesday. Do keep an eye on it!

So when I made reservations through work to stay at hotel for two day meeting, I was thinking Thursday started early in morning-turns out not until lunch time! So-I will go ahead and pay for tonight on my own and let work pick up Thursday night. Worth it to me to have some time in a different space and to decompress-I have extra time in for the week so won't have to do any work tomorrow morning unless I want too!
    Running into office briefly this am then coming home for lunch-then to two meetings this am and then an hour or so drive to hotel and will pick up dinner around there somewhere.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    edited March 2023
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    I had a great walk around the wetlands. Nice to get out and walk after so many days of rain.
    Got my 5 miles in. Tomorrow I will see if it is sunny or rain- 50/50 chance if you listen to Alexa.
    I have zumba tomorrow night so if I don't walk, it will be ok. Yep, going to class on my birthday. Dh and I will go out to lunch on Thursday instead beings we are both off. Not sure where yet.

Going to head for bed a little early. Want to get extra sleep so I can keep up at class.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca

Exercising on our birthday is a great way to celebrate it. :)

Happy Birthday from one birthday girl to another. :)

33hy1fjfyq50.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    The last 2 days ive woken up at 5:30 am no alarm needed..so thats good.
    Tracy and Kyle had mini splits put in.. they are electric and im sure you have seen them.on tv they are put high on the wall .and do both heat and air.. but the electric is ghastly expensive .so they run it high at night ( why I dont know ) and then when I get there ,bundle up Miles in heavy clothes and turn the heat off.
    So it gets to about 61-62
    And there house was built in the 40s and not insulated well.. Tracy puts plastic on the windows in the winter time.