WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,084 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Had a quiet restful day. Usual trip to our local shops for fresh produce.

Intentions for March:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end off the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
    March Action for Happiness:
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with awareness and kindness
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.Trees silhouetted against the sky; the appearance of snowdrops in spring; the sound of waves breaking on the shore.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I meditate on this each morning when I wake up, and am grateful for each new opportunity to have a good day.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. Positive affirmations are very powerful. Be kind to yourself, always.
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. We chatted with our girls about other family members, and raised a glass to them.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. I will do this tomorrow (7th)
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.Resisting the temptation to plan my day. Serendipity reigns today.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and email of your food. ✔️
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I’m a great advocate of deep breathing, and find this works well.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.I wasn’t looking forward to going outside this morning as we had snow overnight and it seemed very cold. However, the sun shone in a clear blue sky, and the wind had dropped right down again, and I spent time with my eyes closed feeling the heat on my face before I went into the centre for Latin Study.
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. Mindfully drinking my tea or coffee gives me breathing space.
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see
    what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    okiewoman510
    Thanks so much for the package of stickers! I took at least 75% of them, cut them into bunches and the rest is going to a teacher I know! Thanks again! I appreciate you!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

You’re welcome! Glad you can use them!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,084 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I've never liked dressing on my salads. However sometimes I use a seasoning - herbs. Like a sprinkle of dried dill.

M in Oz
    I use chopped fresh herbs when I have them. Mint chives and basil are great additions.
    ☘️Terri
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    💕
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    (((Allie)))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Lisa-so this inquiring mind is wondering-weren't you stashing some money away to buy that property? Going to use it for something fun now? Good news there will be people there.
    Ginny in Ohio

Ginny, no, they're two different houses. The small stone house where they're building on additions for the family with five kids is directly to our west, and the little house that has hosted crackheads and nutballs for the last five years is directly to our north, but downhill from us. Still no word on that one, but no signs up for sale, either.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :'( Ugh. Tonight the clocks spring forward. The time change really messes with my carefully scheduled life. I have no opinion about whether the clocks should stay on Standard Time or Daylight Time, I just hate the change. We have already moved all our clocks ahead except the ones that change automatically in the middle of the night. We scheduled tomorrow's grocery pickup for 30 minutes later than usual to give us some wiggle room in the morning but I'll still be meeting my friend to walk at 9:30. Good luck to all of you who are changing clocks tonight.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

I did thirty reps of my dumbbells Yay! And ten minutes on the bike to warm up.

I ate 1168 calories today for a deficit of 323 calories. Yay!

Thank you all for the encouragement on my weight loss.

Annie in Delaware, also dreading the time change
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm actually looking forward to the time change this way since it means my cat will wake me up at 6:30 instead of 5:30. For the most part, I like it that he has decided our woods make a better potty than his litter box, but I would gladly clean the litter box once a day to get to sleep just a little bit later.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee-oops, next time.

Michele congrats to Vince. He’s really following your good example. Well done!
    Allie, safe travels! Love your smile.
    Kim ((hugs)) hope you can forgive my unwanted advice, and feel the love, support and admiration I’m whooshing your way.
    Rori why the heck DID you leave Honolulu?
    Karen yours to Kim. Beautiful. Little Rori’s smile, wish you could bottle it, I’d buy a case.
    Annie, pounds and inches shed, progress on taxes, VERY well done!
    Rita sorry to hear your shoulder troubles put weights and yoga on hold. Any chance for PT?
    Welcome @jraekeller Jonirae in So Cal. I share your scars but mine are from a six pack of RC cola I dropped on our cement porch stairs ;}
    Tracey the jam story made me smile too.
    Margaret wise choice. Joe says that while I COULD drive when it’s icy, it’s the other drivers he worries about. Yours to Carla about snleet. I’ve heard grapple but don’t know what it means…
    Welcome @dvmmcw8273 Melanie! Has your MD ordered any pre-surgery PT exercises?
    Kelly thanks for popping in, was missing you.
    Rebecca best of luck with your magnet pocket project. Really admire your can-do attitude!
    Lisa ((hugs)) Your lawyer will really appreciate the big book o’ death. Since it will make things easier for her/him, hope you are cut a deal on the price.
    Katla soon you’ll have your chair and perhaps your new laptop. ((hugs))
    Lanette is that Rosie? Her sign made me crack up. Our dogs are wiser than our powers-that-be.

Enjoyed today’s break in the weather. Joe took the dogs and me on a chilly hike at the local campground Later I took Shadow to dog group at Azalea park. There was even a moment when I felt the sun warm my face, just before the chill breeze returned. Atmospheric river is forecast to return tomorrow with wind so plan to Vimeo church instead of driving. I’m still leery after that scary drive when the wind driven rain completely obscured the double yellow line.
    03/10: Move:2 sets PT active mins:257 steps:8055
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 9+9+10= beans-kidney, beet-golden, broccoli, carrots, celeriac, celery, cherries-dried, chickpea hummus, corn muffin, cranberry jalapeno jelly, mushrooms, oats, parsnips, peanut butter in ice cream, pecans, pepperoncini, pineapple, pomelo, potato chips, radish, romaine, snap peas, soy-veggie patties, sweet mini peppers, tea, tomatoes-in chili, walnuts, wheat-cronut/pita. CI<CO=145
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, hymns, SIL chat, board meeting minutes and emails, Wt:137.6
    03/09: Move: 2 sets PT with dumbbells, active mins:152 steps:2984
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 9+9= beans-kidney, beet-golden, broccoli, carrots, celeriac, celery, chickpea hummus, corn muffin, mushrooms, parsnips, pecans, pineapple, pomelo, potato chips, radish, tea, tomatoes-in chili/sauce in lasagna, wheat-cronut/pita. CI<CO=22
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, massage, Dollar Tree, lunch with D, Wt:138.2
    03/08: Move: 2 sets PT, line dance class, active mins:274 steps:7445
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 9 =broccoli, carrots, celeriac, mushrooms, parsnips, pecans, pomelo, tea, wheat-cronut. CI<CO=811
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, meeting prep, line dance class, library, recycling, board meeting. Wt:137.3
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. March: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- I love all of the work you have done in your yard! Plus your bees! Wonderful!

Hugs to everyone! so many that I want to respond to, but I need to jump in the shower and see if I can get rid of the cobwebs in my head. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Nice to hear from you again! :)

• Machka9
    Options
    My middle sister told me she might switch to electric heat with a fan. That's what we have. They live out in the country and the cost of the Natural Gas line from the main road up to her place would be thousands of dollars alone, not to mention installing it in the house, changing the duct system etc. She is hoping to get a loan for all this. I hope she's able to, as she has this issue of no heat every winter. She confessed to me that she would go and buy oil transporting it and emptying it in the tank in the front lawn. Over and over, just to get it to come on for a bit when the girls would come home from school. I guess even back then the oil truck can only come out if you're willing to pay for a full tanks worth. Buying lets say $100 worth probably isn't cost effective for the oil trucks to drive out. At least that's the way it is with the propane trucks here on the island. We have a gauge and when we're down to only 30% in the tank, we can order it. We used to buy it at 50% left but they stopped that since gas prices went up.
    I did tell her this week every time my heat went on, I would say a little prayer to her hoping they would get their heating situation resolved. She was able to pay for some more oil in the tank so they have been cozy the last couple of days.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Way back when, my first husband and I lived in northern Alberta and our mobile home used oil heat. The only time we could get an oil truck in was when the ground was frozen solid, so we tried to leave some in the tank come spring so that in the autumn we still had a bit to tide us over until the ground froze solid. But it didn't always work well and I remember one autumn/early winter where there wasn't enough and we had to bundle up at home for about a month before we could get a truck in!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am doing this Happiness calendar for March. Feel free to copy or simply use it if you’d like!

March, 2023 Action for happiness.org
    RVRita
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.

Sky, sand and ocean
    15jmjq5nsagk.png

3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive.

Yesterday's 54 km bicycle ride and 5 km walk on the beach ...

4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words.

19nper8umeoo.png

5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them.

:heart:

6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels.

The only plans we had yesterday was a stroll through a neighbouring arty town to look at the shops.

7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.

I do box breathing at some point just about every day.

8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food.
    :)

9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    Many times.

10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.

Afternoon walk ...

gk9c2ciwlcx2.png

11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.

Not so much today. But usually. :)

12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.

Haven't talked to anyone other than husband today.
    14. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.
    15. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.
    16. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    17. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    18. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    19. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    20. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    21. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    22. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    23. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    24. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    25. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    26. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    27. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    28. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    29. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    30. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    31. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    32. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

Machka in Oz

[/quote]

• Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( Ugh. Tonight the clocks spring forward. The time change really messes with my carefully scheduled life. I have no opinion about whether the clocks should stay on Standard Time or Daylight Time, I just hate the change. We have already moved all our clocks ahead except the ones that change automatically in the middle of the night. We scheduled tomorrow's grocery pickup for 30 minutes later than usual to give us some wiggle room in the morning but I'll still be meeting my friend to walk at 9:30. Good luck to all of you who are changing clocks tonight.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Meanwhile, down here, the Time of Sadness begins in about 3 weeks. :(

Machka in Oz