WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Katla - Keeping track of your own health is critical to be all you can be for DH, your kids, and grandkids.... not always a fun day, but it can help assure more fun days in the future.

smiles Kim
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Got messages from dh when I got out of class last night(send during class but I don't check my phone then). He had fixed the sliding glass door-I had told him while he was at his mom's that it was messed up and I would help him when I got home from class. I would have helped before class but he didn't come home until I was leaving. SO, the messages were, he fixed the door BUT left it open, just for a minute and two of the cats got out. He asked son to help and he didn't come help so he was mad.
    Got my kitten in pretty quickly- he was sitting up in the catnip. The other I got back in an hour later- same trick as always- open the catio door but close the bedroom window so no more cats can get out. He was in the catio not long after dark so I ran out, closed the door and then opened the window so everyone could go back in the catio. Not a huge thing because I have had to do it too many times. The little escape artists!!
    DS was in one of his moods- happens every 3-4 months or so. Just shuts down- sleeps all day/night. It is a lot better than it was when he was in his teens. Now it is just one day and we know to just let him sleep- bugging him just makes it worse. Dh knows that but was still really mad at him.

Today I am off work.My usual day off. Dh is at his mom's now, going to lunch with Nick today, was supposed to go to the movies with a friend after going back to his mom's for her dinner. Great for me. A whole day to myself. The friend cancelled so he won't be going to the movies. I will enjoy the time I do have.
    Plans are working in the garden, need to get things ready to plant or planted. Need to get mom's Mother's day gifts together. I will go up there tomorrow afternoon and spend most of the weekend.Coming home Sunday morning to go to a wedding at 2 for dh's co-worker.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Rebecca, I just don't even know what to say. I've been reading this and alternating between crying for you and RAGING at how thoughtless he's being. I really just don't understand some children. I'm so sorry.
    (Kim, I'm thinking if we ALL gang up on him, we could do some heavy-duty yankin' as Lisa suggests! LOL)

Falling is truly my WORST FEAR! Hope you both heal quickly, Heather and Rori!

I'm so sorry Tracey. I love my job, just really don't like some of the people I work with or work for. I can't imagine what you're going through though. It sounds just horrible and I totally understand not being able to leave. Sending positive prayers for whatever that means for you.

OMGosh Kim!!! What wonderful news on both counts! Such an honor to be asked to officiate a wedding of a dear friend and I'm really glad your mom seems to be trying.

4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together... interesting, okay, I'll have to look around and find something.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Tracey yeah, I don't think what the housecleaning company was doing was totally legal, but most of the staff were young women who either didn't know better or wouldn't stand up for themselves. They went thru staff very quickly sometimes, the work was physically harder than a lot of them thought it would be.
    Allie, I do feel for Tracy and Carmine and you! As I said before, wish I had some words of wisdom for you!

At the school with the grands, lovely play area for themalthough it's bigger so harder to keep track of them. Need to go reprimand dhd now!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Tracey- thats just it,Carmine is so confused she is dating a boy,so she is back to a she,but still dresses like a sloppy boy and still goes by Carmine not Taliah
    Tracy is sleep deprived and trying to deal with everything and its getting on her last nerve.. im hoping she doesn't end up having a nervous breakdown like her dad did.
    Well good news and bad news..
    Bad news first.. got a call from my friend Dave the one im going on the cruise with and his girlfriend, well they are canceling she is back to drinking.. he went over there because Linda's mom fell down and she couldn't pick her up and he is just fed up.
    So I guess its me myself and I.
    And I got the gaul up and booked a cruise on Celebrity Cruises for Oct 2024 solo again...
    Ahhh why not.. its refundable just in case doesn't have to be paid off until July of Next yr.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,094 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Tactical wee! 😝 I’m hoping they will become a thing of the past 😝

☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 49min 32sec, 74elev, 3.34ap, 88ahr, 112mhr, 6.11mi= 591c
    Strava app= 749c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 14.01min, 39elev, 158aw, 22.1amph, 25gear, 110ahr, 157mhr, 5.16mi= 151c
    Strava app= 126c
    Zwift stats- 14.03min, 42elev, 157aw, 67arpm, 22.03amph, 5.16mi= 127c

Total cal 742

Made onion soup mix, we’ll c what it tastes like when I add it to sour cream for dip.