WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together. Look for one with C, make happy hour date?
    Welcome back @momzilla11 in Portland. Well done for keeping on track and increasing walking despite all the bumps in this year’s road.
    Lisa “probably would have bonked him…” and “pull him up by his lapels” made me laugh out loud. You and your writings are treasures. Glad you stopped when your energy did. The rest of the vetch will be there tomorrow or whenever.
    Evelyn needles near my eyes have been a phobia since childhood. The bratty son of my parent’s bridge playing friends stole my TinyTears doll and threatened to give her a “shot in the eye.”
    Debbie prayers continue and intensify for Destiny Hope.
    Sue in WA “…don’t like the side effects, but do like to breathe.” There it is.
    Rori, was going to suggest the Royal Highlander overnight train from Inverness to London and thence to Brighton, but alas, it withdrawn in 1988. Took it from Brighton through London to Inverness in the late seventies and it’s a fond memory. The scenery, the private little roomette, the cute porter… ah!
    Tracey I’m sad and angry about your work situation. No one should be made so miserable as to cry for an hour at work. Can not understand why they’d want to get rid of you, you were the one to persist through the he!! Of the new accounting/payroll system. Maybe someone is embarrassed by all the flaws in it that you found? Hooray for massage and pain relief!
    05/03: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, line dance class, Jeopardy walking. steps:8392 so far.
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: : 8+7+3 apple, arugula, asparagus, beans-kidney, juice-pomegranate, lemon curd, lettuce-butter, maple syrup, mustard greens, oats, potato-chips, raisins, rice-brown, soy-breakfast patties, split pea soup, tangerines, walnuts, wheat-thins/pizza crust. CI=1294 CO=541
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, filing, post office, farmers’ market, grocery outlet, AF. Wt:134.7

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Tracey, our son is in Manitoba, but just barely! He's about 20 min from the MB/SK border. I worked for a housecleaning company for a few years, they supplied polo type shirts and fleece jackets. When a person left, the company would hold the last paycheque "hostage" until you returned all your logo'd clothing! No chance anybody would ever rob anything while wearing one, but no company wants someone wearing their advertising and being a jacka$$. I'm so sorry about your situation, Barbara is right, nobody should be so stressed they are crying while at work. {{{HUGS}}}
    Debbie, my heart goes out to Destiny and her family, there is just so much that is wrong with that whole scenario.

And just like that it's bedtime already!

Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on Vancouver Island where it's finally warm! (but going to cool off again by Thurs evening :'()
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    My sleeptime has been messed up for a few weeks..
    I fall asleep early and im awake at 2 am.
    Of course doesn't help when Alfie tears off the bed and starts barking.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    My sleeptime has been messed up for a few weeks..
    I fall asleep early and im awake at 2 am.
    Of course doesn't help when Alfie tears off the bed and starts barking.

The dog barks at 2 am??

Have your neighbours commented?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Just come off the phone to Saga about my injury. Insurance works in mysterious ways, and one is to find every which way not to pay up. I had to tell them in case I got taken ill on board and they could refuse to pay because of my wrist. It's like trying to hold water. They are going to ring me back when the underwriters have had a look.

DH is feeling a bit under the weather. Didn't sleep last night with anxiety. Tummy upset. Stiff back. And last week's dizzy spell threw him. I think my injury has been a shock for him. Anyway, he has gone off to the cricket and I hope that pulls him out of his funk. He is supersensitive to anything to do with his loved ones, especially me.

I've paid off my credit card and reorganised some savings. Funds are temporarily low, but hey ho!

Now to put some face on for the hairdresser!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka I’m always interested in the different “standard of care” between the US and Oz. e.g. dilation. Seems you once mentioned that someone’s stated BP was normal but here was considered “pre-hypertension.” All of these “pre-“ diagnoses (pre-hypertension, pre-diabetes” are making me wonder about how the standards are set. By studies financed by big pharm? Getting cynical in my old age. As for the high blood pressure, dailyish dark, dark, dark leafy greens with some citrus is the best I can find online. Gonna ramp up on my arugula/romaine/mandarin salads ;) You are doing everything you can to manage the stress of your husband’s accident and subsequent impact on your lives. Whooshing supportive energy your way.
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

From my experience, it appears that the doctors here prefer to encourage me to be physically active and eat something along the lines of the Mediterranean diet rather than putting me on medication.

I LOVE mandarins. :) Fortunately they are coming into season again just now.

:heart: :heart:

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Update: tomorrow Des starts back on chemo. Then sometime this week she will go and get mapped for more radiation. To at least two spots. One on her lymph node on her abdomen you can actually see it and on her C7 left superior endplate

Continued prayers.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Just come off the phone to Saga about my injury. Insurance works in mysterious ways, and one is to find every which way not to pay up. I had to tell them in case I got taken ill on board and they could refuse to pay because of my wrist. It's like trying to hold water. They are going to ring me back when the underwriters have had a look.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Yes, insurance companies are in the business to make as much money as they possibly can.

M in Oz

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Machka sorry to hear about your kidney issues.

The roofers are here, and they have tarps over the windows. Teddy barked a lot for half an hour but he seems settled now. A little clingy, but quiet. I'm a little concerned that they haven't told us what to do to leave the house. Or maybe they told Dad and he didn't hear. I have a telehealth zoom in a bit, and then I leave for horse after three. My nerves are going to be shot all day anyway from the noise. I may hide in the basement. That would be better than eating.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Machka- yes he was barking at 2 am dont know what he heard...and he will run to the sliding glass doors and start barking.. so I have to get up and go get him and calm him down.
    Poor Tracy.... she is getting frazzled.. not getting enough sleep Miles is getting into everything and not sleeping great...Carmine is being her nasty hormonal self and takes it out on her.So Miles when I show up is all over me ,and hugging and kissing me,and he doesn't give his mom the kisses which makes her feel worse.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Machka sorry to hear about your kidney issues.

Annie in Delaware

Good incentive to keep exercising and eating well. :)

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Yes Lanette the solar panels go back up first thing tomorrow. The solar power is supplemental to the town power grid. Unfortunately when the town power is down, it all goes off.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    💖

Katla in IL