It's a new journey every day

Options
jens52676
jens52676 Posts: 1 Member
euf56r01vcws.jpg

Three whole years ago I started this health and wellness journey. When the world was shutting down for COVID, I was hitting my treadmill or the pavement and choosing to fuel my body instead of comfort my body with instant gratification that I would very soon regret. I lost almost 50 lbs and have managed to keep it off all this time, but if I'm being 100% honest with you (and myself) it's NOT easy! Since December of 2020, I have completed my 1st half marathon (in September of 2021) and went through the training to become a certified personal trainer and STILL every day is a new journey. I also coach middle school track and will start coaching junior high cross country in the fall and some days are STILL a huge struggle. There are days when the motivation is jut no where to be found. That's when discipline kicks in. Motivation is like that fair weather friend who sticks around only during the good, fun times. Discipline is like your ride-or-die, through thick-and-thin soulmate.

I'm typing this today to inspire someone (maybe myself!), but also as an offer to you. If you are interested in having someone come alongside you throughout this journey, to encourage you, to push you a little bit, to be a shoulder when you're feeling a little weak until you are feeling strong again, feel free to send me a message and we can talk details.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!

Replies

• ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Your commitment is amazing; I really appreciate you sharing your story.
  • BringIt2023
    BringIt2023 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting this! So motivational. I love "Motivation is like that fair weather friend who sticks around only during the good, fun times. Discipline is like your ride-or-die, through thick-and-thin soulmate." That is SO true! You have done an amazing job at losing and an even more amazing job at maintaining, and I am so glad to hear you say that it's NOT easy. I read somewhere, and cannot remember where, that this calorie deficit calculation is simple, but it's not easy.

I started this journey in earnest July 4th, 2022. I say in earnest, because there were certainly many half-hearted stops and starts. But finally, after getting a scary diagnosis from my doctor, I had enough inspiration to be serious about losing weight and getting in shape.

Since 7/4, I have lost 55 pounds... and each day is a journey! Some days are easier than others to stay the course. I have gone from type 2 obesity to overweight, and I still need to lose 12 pounds to get to "healthy weight" on the BMI scale. So, I am not in maintenance mode, still needing to lose, but THANK YOU for this post - it totally resonated with me.

Have a FANTASTIC Monday!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!