Replies

• Chickadee00
    Chickadee00 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome @itladyee 😊
  • Chickadee00
    Options
    Thanks @Michieb125 I try my best to stay positive. I like your self care day, that sounds really good. 👌
  • Chickadee00
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome to your thread @MissMay 😊 and thanks for sharing what one standard drink is, I often forget that so it's good to be reminded!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,564 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome to your thread @MissMay 😊 and thanks for sharing what one standard drink is, I often forget that so it's good to be reminded!

@Chickadee00 😊😊😊 it is OUR THREAD, not my thread. Glad you are finding it helpful.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Welcome @Chickadee00 ! And hello to all my AF peeps!!!

@cwolfman I, too, am ambivalent about this whole drinker/non drinker thing. I can moderate, but I haven’t even tried to have AF days these last few months. So do I ratchet that up or just make peace with the fact that I like my one glass of wine per day and take the win on the fact that I got it down from two?

With sailing/ golfing/ hang out after work in the beautiful weather season upon us, there are so many more opportunities to drink than normal.

Well, good luck to everyone on their June goals!!!!
  • Chickadee00
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »

@Chickadee00 😊😊😊 it is OUR THREAD, not my thread. Glad you are finding it helpful.

Yes of course. 👍

I've not really set any goals with my alcohol intake at the moment. I would like to try and get away from drinking daily. That would be a good start I suppose. I will just take it a day at a time.

Wishing everyone a good day !
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,655 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us going @MissMay : - )

I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Thursday June 01: AF - Planned drinks over the weekend.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Goals for June
    Self-care and positive vibes ~ One day at a time
    Zig-zag calorie count - Daily Average 1400
    Success = No more than two glasses of wine per night. Bonus Points for ZERO!

Current Streak - AF = 0 ~

6/1 A ~ Husband was excited as he had been off pain meds long enough to have a cocktails. He made pomegranate sours. Tasted really strong and really sweet to me since I had not had one in quite a while.
    Success Days # 0
    Bonus Days # 0

I've got to get it through my thick head....alcohol ruins weight loss....maybe I need to get out my paper and write it 500 times...

@MissMay ~ Congrats on standing your ground! Just awesome!

The Month recap to stay accountable

My 2023 Stats...
    Current Month
    AF = 0
    A = 1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 14%
    A = 86%
    May
    AF = 23%
    A = 77%
    June
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I aim to check in daily the next morning for my own accountability. This keeps me on track and I also learn so much from others’ experiences on this thread.

@Chickadee00 love the pic of your azaleas - there are gardening lovers here too. Myself and @dawnbgethealthy and I’m sure many others.

@GaryM_25 I would say you found your mojo and a big congratulations on all your successes this spring!

@MissMay your June goals are admirable and you are off to a strong start.

@itladyee sounds like your husband is doing well! Off the pain meds is a good sign.

@ahoy_m8 I like how you mentioned our ‘tomorrow selves’ again. A good reminder. That darn IDGAF is real too. That was me on Memorial Day as well.

Make it a great day!

m7gj92v65qq6.jpeg

• Chickadee00
    Options
    @Michieb125 Are they alzaleas?? I thought it was a rhododendrons bush ! That's what it says on the label, anyway. I am a novice gardener. We spend a small fortune on plants, if only we knew what we were doing !
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    @Chickadee00 I was wrong with my quick opinion! And, I’m sure you have a rhododendron which I would love to grow. I just checked and found both azaleas and rhododendron are in the same family so to speak! They look quite similar but rhododendron normally stay evergreen year round.

https://www.monrovia.com/be-inspired/azalea-care-guide-how-to-grow-azaleas.html
  • Chickadee00
    Options
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    @Chickadee00 I was wrong with my quick opinion! And, I’m sure you have a rhododendron which I would love to grow. I just checked and found both azaleas and rhododendron are in the same family so to speak! They look quite similar but rhododendron normally stay evergreen year round.

https://www.monrovia.com/be-inspired/azalea-care-guide-how-to-grow-azaleas.html

Oh good ! We were wanting an evergreen. It's for the front door.

You find that with plants, many are from the one family. We bought a variation of a mountain fire. I think they are quite sturdy. They would have to be with our gardening knowledge lol thanks for the link.