Options
    May stats

A = 3
    AF = 4 :)

Planning for another AF night.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy that sounds delish, my mouth began to water.

@GaryM_25 that was a beautiful story with lots of happy endings.

Welcome new comers.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    June (not May :p) Stats
    A = 3
    AF = 5 o:)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us going @MissMay : - )

I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Wednesday June 07 - 2 drinks. Planning AF until Sunday night since I will be working extra shifts throughout my usual days off. 3 of 12 workdays in a row completed.
    Thursday June 08 - AF - I have been getting out to do yard/garden work early in the mornings before work since it has been too hot by the time that I get off of work. Lots to do still.

Rolling total: 4AF day out of 8 days.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update on getting my second job.

I had info from a friend that they were looking for evening servers at a retirement home.
    I went in right away to apply.

No tips, but more per hour ($21.50) plus full benefits including Dental and yearly raises.
    (tips can be an additional $5-$25 per hour btw).
    This will look better for the bank, since they don't take cash into consideration as revenue.

The interview went very well and I was moved on to the next stage, references, which has been done.

The next stage is the Criminal Record Check which I was told would take 3 weeks on average.

In the meantime I have picked up a few Brand Ambassador jobs. I have one today after work, giving out samples of Mike's Hard Lemonade new flavours. It pays $25 per hour for 4 hour shifts. So I will make an extra $100 today.

Keeping the Indian restaurant job during the day, and my big discount there lol.

Thanks for the update and I wish you the best!!!
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Good to see new people join the thread and miss other LA friends who are maybe taking a little break from here. Congrats on all the good choices people are making too.

I absolutely used to skip the good food (and carbs) for the A calories but no more — started losing weight when I ate a more balanced diet including bread and potatoes along with LA - took me awhile!

Planning for some wine this evening, I waited until Friday!

June stats:
    AF - 7
    A - 1

Personal Goals:
    AF - 20-22 days
    A - 8-10 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us going @MissMay : - )

I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Wednesday June 07 - 2 drinks. Planning AF until Sunday night since I will be working extra shifts throughout my usual days off. 3 of 12 workdays in a row completed.
    Thursday June 08 - AF - I have been getting out to do yard/garden work early in the mornings before work since it has been too hot by the time that I get off of work. Lots to do still.
    Friday June 09 - AF - We got some rain here which was awesome because I had absolutely no time to water. Planning AF for Saturday also, which will start me on accomplishing my mini goals of 6, 10, and 16 AF days.

Rolling total: 5AF day out of 9 days.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Jun 2023 - stats

A = 4
    AF = 5
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update on getting my second job.

I had info from a friend that they were looking for evening servers at a retirement home.
    I went in right away to apply.

No tips, but more per hour ($21.50) plus full benefits including Dental and yearly raises.
    (tips can be an additional $5-$25 per hour btw).
    This will look better for the bank, since they don't take cash into consideration as revenue.

The interview went very well and I was moved on to the next stage, references, which has been done.

The next stage is the Criminal Record Check which I was told would take 3 weeks on average.

In the meantime I have picked up a few Brand Ambassador jobs. I have one today after work, giving out samples of Mike's Hard Lemonade new flavours. It pays $25 per hour for 4 hour shifts. So I will make an extra $100 today.

Keeping the Indian restaurant job during the day, and my big discount there lol.

Sounds like a great job! hope you get it! And the brand ambassador is a sweet gig as well!
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    @Womona funny anchor story! I’m sure others have been in the same ‘boat.’ Hope you back feels better soon.

Checking in before leaving town for this week. Hope to post my stats at least a couple of times while I’m gone. Decided to have some Proseco last night while packing up for some summer fun. This was against my previous “rule” of not having wine 2 days in a row but I rationalized it as I am ahead of my goal for the month. As I have mentioned before, vacations and celebrations are a challenge (beachside, lakeside, poolside) lol.
    But, I have a plan for success going into this week (allowing for 2 A days out of 5 days).

Happy Sunday whatever your plans!

June stats:
    AF - 7
    A - 3
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Jun 2023 stats
    A=5 ugh, tied again
    AF = 5