LESS Alcohol ~ JUNE 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    GaryM_25 wrote: »
    @Chickadee00 - I'll tell you I am sooo glad I got away from daily drinking a couple months ago! My headed is clearer, mental positive feedback cycles are at play instead of negative feedback cycles, I sleep better and more.

Yesterday, the scale said 185 which I haven't been at for about six or seven years. Ten years ago, I was at 175.

Last night, I had a (as in one) beer with my wife while watching the basketball game.

This morning, I seriously realized I need to do some shopping. With one of my belts notched up to the tightest hole, I pulled my shorts and belt down over my hips!

I know I've been wearing 36" waist pants for about seven years. This week, my wife bought me a pair of 34" shorts. I put them on and proceeded to pull them down over my hips.

Greatly reduced alcohol intake + calorie counting + lift-till-failure weights + cardio intervals is working.

Oh man, that is the BEST reason to go clothes shopping! Well done!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    @zensome that was a lengthy time for you to be ill.
    Glad to see you again. And nice to know the thread has helped.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,209 Member
    Options
    Goals for June
    Self-care and positive vibes ~ One day at a time
    Zig-zag calorie count - Daily Average 1400
    Success = No more than two glasses of wine per night. Bonus Points for ZERO!

Current Streak - AF = 0 ~

6/2 A ~ I got nothing!

Success Days # 0
    Bonus Days # 0
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Not to offend anyone at all and I have the highest respect for her as well. I heard Oprah Winfrey on a podcast several years back state that having one glass of wine was ‘just getting started.’ It was all in fun of course but I think many of us might be able to identify with that (or used to).

I find this to be sadly true for me. The idea of one glass *5oz* of wine...just leaves me wanting more so my goal is to limit it to 2. I'm not wildly successful yet, but I keep trying. Two is just enough to feel like I've had a treat but not overdone it.

@zensome ~ welcome back and glad you're feeling better. I know how anxious you must be to get back out there, but take it easy and make sure that you've fully recovered!

The Month recap to stay accountable

6/1 A ~ Husband was excited as he had been off pain meds long enough to have a cocktails. He made pomegranate sours. Tasted really strong and really sweet to me since I had not had one in quite a while.

I've got to get it through my thick head....alcohol ruins weight loss....maybe I need to get out my paper and write it 500 times...

My 2023 Stats...
    Current Month
    AF = 0
    A = 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 14%
    A = 86%
    May
    AF = 23%
    A = 77%
    June
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy those drinks(esp the coffee one) look amazing.

Can't wait to see more garden pics during your process.