• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,568 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Back from DE. Did Step the Video DVD on Fri, walked on Sat. walked Sun, did HIIT and walked on the treadmill today. Too much to do tomorrow so no formal exercise.

M – I’m just proud of the fact that I’ve kept up with my exercise even tho I’ve recently gone back to work. I don’t count things like walking up steps or mowing the yard as extra exercise. See, you’ve always been working so you’re used to incorporating exercise. I’ve just returned to work (OK it’s not a whole lot) and I’ve had to change my routine. But I did it and I’m continuing to do it. Good job on the jeans getting looser

Michelle NY – WB

Joy – how cruel of someone to just drop off a dog! I really do believe that a dog senses when he’s wanted and when he’s not. And he knows that you want him. You are wonderful to do that. How old do they estimate Lucy to be? She doesn’t look like a young pup, but she is a cutie. Our first cat “followed Jess home from school”. But he was declawed and neutered so we knew he was someone’s pet. When he cleaned up, he was a really good looking cat.

Rebecca – yea for your son!!! So happy for him and you

Heather – our own Picasso, that’s you!

Annie – I’m so sorry you lost your aunt

pip – I know you like having multiple doggies, so I volunteer also to come back as another one of your doggies. Sorry you were hurt, but glad for the help for you. Hope Yogi is better soon

Baker Debbie – ouch for that boy

OK visit to DE. As usual, we are the babysitters. I just don’t want PJ to forget us. After we’d been there for an hour, Denise went out. Texted Vince about 5:45 that she’d be home shortly. Came home around 6:45. Then got PJ ready for bed. To me, it’s just weird that she said “do you want to sleep with mommy?” At 4 years of age? I can understand if he’s sick or something, but he wasn’t. Oh, well...not much I can say. I realized that all he had for dinner was 3 bags of gummies (candy) and some strawberries (Denise always puts sugar on them and he wouldn’t eat them unless I put sugar on them). Went to WaWa and got a sandwich for dinner to bring back to the hotel.

Do you know that WaWa was going to charge 35 cents for a bag to put the sandwiches in? Well, I guess it’s a savings for them.

The picnic was nice. We usually get a cake. To me, the cake from the local grocery store isn’t all that good so next year I might get one from a store around here. We can probably pick it up on our way up there.

I figured it probably cost around $300 for the one night in DE. But to me it’s worth it. Vince wants to go to this train thing the weekend of Labor Day (when we usually go up) since he had to miss the one this past weekend. Well, if Pete is working Labor Day weekend, we’ll try to go up on a weekend when he’s there too. Time will tell…..

silverrfox – welcome!

Allie – Vince says that he’d only get me a cleaner if I absolutely needed one because he knows me and I’d clean before she got there because I didn’t want her to see it a mess and then I’d clean after she left because she didn’t do it my way. The thing is – he’s right.

Barbei – LOVE your posting about music

kylia – beautiful granddaughter. Thanks for sharing. Aubrey is lovely, so glad she’s doing well and hope all goes uneventful on the 10th

Heather – great that they found the money

Lanette – I’m willing to make the supreme sacrifice of trying all of Debbie’s treats to decide which one I like best….lol

Anne DE – so proud of you for getting back to exercise That’s not an easy thing to do, but you did it

Michele back in NC

Actually we were hoping on staying as a 1 dog family, taking the other two from mom wasn’t planned. Oh well
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( Jake's visit to the cancer doctor was not such good news today. He will have to start chemo again soon. They did another blood test and will tell him more soon.

I’m sorry to read this. I’ll see Jake to my prayers.

Tracey
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    :'( Jake's visit to the cancer doctor was not such good news today. He will have to start chemo again soon. They did another blood test and will tell him more soon.

Barbie - sending warm thoughts for Jake right now for a speedy recovery, hope his treatments aren't too hard on him (and you!). <3 Can everything be done locally - no driving to Seattle?

Lanette
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,495 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. Tomorrow at the burn barrel ;)
    Perfect temperature today, 70 degrees at 10 am, blue sky, sunshine, only the merest breeze to keep the air fresh. That “ahh I’m home” feeling.
    Heather :love: “the rose I buried my nose in.” Last week while walking past the post office I traced the most wonderful spicy floral scent to a tangle of wild roses amongst the weeds and trash on the corner. Now I’m plotting to steal cuttings and/or starts or hips this fall. Want to plant on the steep slopes along the powerline easement.
    Rhonda well done on the 8km walk and gorgeous pics!
    Debbie I’m intrigued by your cinnamon vanilla sweet ricotta filling. Would you share the recipe?
    Beth, beautiful blossoms! Symbol of your determination to get inflammation under control?
    Margaret whooshing healing energy and pain ease to DrewB.
    Rebecca safe travels. At first I read “…travel down south to sisters” as you were headed to the mountains Flea showed in her pics. Oops ;}
    Vickie “…to remember what I can do and not take anything for granted…” Sounds like the formula for happiness to me.
    Allie, please send Adriana to Oregon ;)
    Katla sorry to hear your breakfast didn’t sit well. Are you able to special order your favorite cottage cheese and blueberries as daily fare? Congrats on the new glasses!
    Lanette “…loving relationship with [dandelions]…” You and Joe. ;)
    Annie good for you for exercising to exorcise your anger. Good outlet for the underlying fear for your father’s safety.
    Barbie so sorry to hear that news. Will he have to travel far for the chemo?
    Michele “… supreme sacrifice…” taste testing all Debbie’s creations. LOL!
    Begged off the special casserole cook for the congregational potluck as I won’t be attending AND have a date with the burn barrel. Tomorrow is forecast to be the least windy (<5 mph) and dampest day before fire season burn restrictions start. Gotta get rid of all those whacked out ferns ;)
    1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. 1-Blue skies. 2-views of the ocean on way into town and on stroll chat with T. 3-sharing worries and laughter with D. 4-Pianist’s choice of offertory-congregation gave her an ovation. 5-Today’s weather. 06/05: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, garden, line dance class, dogs to powerline. steps:: 8692
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8 almonds, Kashi, kettle corn, onions, sweet potato frites, tangerines, tea, wheat-cronut. CI=1628 CO=774
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, recycling, AF. Wt:133.8
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. June: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,567 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, Barbie. Sending you hugs and strength.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    Barbie I’m sorry for the news that Joe and you received about him having to have chemo treatments. Praying for a good outcome.

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • OregonMother
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    I had a good trip with our daughter today. The primary purpose was to get my new glasses. They are excellent. We also had lunch & a bit of shopping. It was a good day. 😊 💖

Katla

I'm so happy to hear this, Katla. It sounds like you are settling in well in your new space.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Today I travel down south to sisters. From 11:20 am to about 7:30 pm I will be on a bus, then train. I have some Pamelas oatmeal coconut cookies to eat whenever I feel hungry. To be honest I only bought them because I saw Pamela which is my sisters name. I am weird like that.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

As I was reading, I thought, "Sisters! I had so much fun in Sisters this weekend!" Then I realized that you meant YOUR sister's not Sisters, OR. LOL

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

ETA: Even funnier that Barbara had the same thought!!! :smiley:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Michele - I was watching Family Feud tonight, one question was name the age a child stops wanting to sleep in a parents bed. The number one answer was age 10.

I think my girls snuck in bed with me until they around 8 or so. They only did it if Rodger was away though. I remember one time he was away and Lauryn was a teen and she came and crawled in bed with me.

Those years go so fast, I would cherish them.

Tracey
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,241 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Winging love to you and Jake. <3<3<3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies its almost 2am here
    I fell asleep around 2:30 pm and slept until around midnight or so..my sleep is all out of wack and my hip pain wakes me up an awful lot.. will be going to dr on Thursday. Just the GP who im sure will refer me to a rheumatologist
    0t91lr2bipbi.jpg
    uzeose3cw326.jpg
    Tracy sent me these,daddy and Miles playing with a remote car and ,Miles on his slide..
    Don't know if I will go back to sleep this morning or not.
    Barbie- I will be keeping Jake in my prayers that this is just a quick bump in the road and he will recover quickly xoxo
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    Barbie sorry I meant Jake!

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Barbie)))