WOW.
    Take care.
    I'm out.

Sorry to see this, Carla ...
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »

Michele - on the laptop, and using the mouse, I'm able to highlight and delete everything in a quote that doesn't pertain to what I'm responding to and consequently I can tighten up the post. On my tablet, no. Not sure about a phone's capability in that area.

Lanette B)

I did this on my tablet. It’s not as easy as on a computer, but it can be done. I just delete. Very carefully.

Kay - I just tried it on my Fire Tablet. I discovered I am able to delete as well - it's one letter at a time, but it does the job. It works differently than on the PC with a mouse, but it's actually pretty easy.
    Thanks for pointing it out. :D

But I still haven't been able to figure out how to use the spoiler function on my tablet. :|

Lanette
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate patient people in extreme heat. Not common!

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 12/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood. My colitis has also come back. 2 weeks straight as of 6/4/23

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 98/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)46/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 22/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner. I will try.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful. Will do! Watched people enjoying the lake on a beautiful Saturday!
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation. My son is getting help from a social worker who is including me.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.Too hot today, 105 degrees at 1;45 pm!
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity. Going to color!
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about Kirby's troubles, Pip, but thankful he isn't in pain. Is there something to be done, or is that yet to be determined?

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options

But I still haven't been able to figure out how to use the spoiler function on my tablet. :|

Lanette
    I hope this works, I just type the word spoiler in square brackets to start a spoiler and also in square brackets /spoiler to end on my phone.
    You can also select the paragraph symbol and it should work as well. Although I find it hard to get it in the right spot on my phone/tablet.
    🌼

Tracey
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    WOW.
    Take care.
    I'm out.

Sorry to read this. Sad to see someone leave as I think each and ever one of us has a unique and somewhat different perspective on life in general which adds to the overall thread.

Bit of rain again today so a quiet day. Took both dogs out for a bit of a walk. Buddy doesn't care that much to walk in the rain and I think it's because he knows he has to be wiped down with a towel before he enters the house. Lucy on the other hand is eager to go and seems to enjoy being towelled.

Not sure what my garden is doing as I haven't checked since it started raining about 3 days ago, I think. Planning on seeding some more lettuce as I just put in a couple of small strips. Now that we have nice moisture I'm sure it will come up quickly. DH is housebound too. He thought we should go out for chinese food today but I said no to that plan. Had a nice homemade ham/bean soup leftover from yesterday that we had for lunch. Supper will be a beef roast. Trying to stay within my calorie range so going out to eat makes it difficult.

Air quality is quite good here now due to the rainfall. Eastern Canada is still struggling due to Quebec fires.

Enjoy your day, ladies.

Joy
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    Joy my mom asked for navy bean soup today. I
    bought the beans and some pork neck bones and a little ham. Also celery mushroom onion and carrot. I don't know exactly what she wants, but it ought to make a nice soup. I kinda wanted a ham hock, not sure if the neck bones will be much different.

Pip, good luck with Kirby's issues. Hope they find something to fix.

Katla, glad you have your things around you.

Rita, I miss the heat of Las Vegas. We used to do laundry by the pool, with music and frozen drinks with occasional plunges to cool off. Those were the days! Wishing you some relief!

Annie in Delaware

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    So my soup plan is to start four hours early, and first soak the navy beans for two hours while I simmer the neck bones for two hours. Then assemble with veggies and simmer another two hours. Does that sound about right?

Annie in Delaware
  • Joy1580vb
    Options
    Joy my mom asked for navy bean soup today. I
    bought the beans and some pork neck bones and a little ham. Also celery mushroom onion and carrot. I don't know exactly what she wants, but it ought to make a nice soup. I kinda wanted a ham hock, not sure if the neck bones will be much different.

Annie in Delaware

Annie, your soup sounds delicious. I love homemade soup. Made mine with leftover ham and various beans and lentils with carrots and celery along with chicken stock. It's +10 degrees celcius today so good day to have the oven on so will be putting on a beef roast.

Enjoying a cup of tea right now. DH is scarfing down an ice cream cone! He's 6 ft and slim....eats whatever he likes and stays in shape. I must admit I'm jealous sometimes. If I snacked the way he does, I would be so overweight.

Joy
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about Kirby's troubles, Pip, but thankful he isn't in pain. Is there something to be done, or is that yet to be determined?

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

We didn’t know he had arthritis at all, if the doc wouldn’t have told him we wouldn’t have known any different. Won’t know what he will recommend for anything that is wrong with him until after they do more tests on him. What will those tests be ? I dunno. What would they do for someone who has arthritis but doesn’t feel any pain, or for someone that didn’t even know he had it, lololol. We will c
  • Joy1580vb
    Options
    So my soup plan is to start four hours early, and first soak the navy beans for two hours while I simmer the neck bones for two hours. Then assemble with veggies and simmer another two hours. Does that sound about right?

Annie in Delaware

Not sure if it's enough time to soak the navy beans but maybe someone else has more insight. When I use the larger hard beans, I always soak overnight. For the soup I made, I just used the smaller soup mix that doesn't have the hard beans in it (mostly peas and various lentils) and then added some pinto beans that I had soaked overnight.

Joy
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Phhhheeeew boy did I miss alot lol
    Carla- please dont leave..
    Im like Rebecca ,I read like an open book..
    So Carmine gave them a super hard time so she is staying with Kyles mom,the wack a doodle grandma
    And Tracy,Kyle and Miles left to go on a little holiday until Saterday. I'll have to go to the house twice a day to feed the dog and get her out to potty and feed the cats
    Went and got fitted for a new mask for my Cpap and ordered a travel Cpap ,I got a discount on that and it will be easier to take with me than that big huge thing.
  • OregonMother
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »

Annie in Delaware

Not sure if it's enough time to soak the navy beans but maybe someone else has more insight. When I use the larger hard beans, I always soak overnight. For the soup I made, I just used the smaller soup mix that doesn't have the hard beans in it (mostly peas and various lentils) and then added some pinto beans that I had soaked overnight.

Joy

I was thinking the same. There is a quick method for preparing the beans. I think you bring them to a boil and then let them soak? It should be on the package.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • OregonMother
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    I redecorated my place with art, a desk that was my grandfathers, old family photos & plants. I am pleased with how well it has turned out. 😊 ❤️ ⭐️

Katla

That's wonderful, Katla. So happy you are creating a home. It sounds like your husband is making good progress, as well.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • OregonMother
    Options
    WOW.
    Take care.
    I'm out.

I'm sorry to hear this. Maybe just a break? You will be missed.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR