WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Good movie on Netflix "A Man Called Otto". What I just finished watching was "Breaking Bad" followed by "Better Call Saul" They are two exceptional series but violence, language, and questionable morals may not be appealing to some.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Loves these two series. Better Call Saul, I became so emotionally vested in the characters! Saul was so endearing. With Breaking Bad it was Jessie. Such a sweet kid, trying to have people like him for him. Gaaah, when he got kidnapped so sad! 💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Oh! I see Barbie and I posted about the same movie. :)

And I had to laugh - when Covid happened, I watched Breaking Bad all the way through - twice! Rewatching, I enjoyed the nuances and details I missed the first time through. It is violent and just wrong in so many ways. LOL. I haven’t watched all of Better Call Saul, just the first 4 seasons I think.

Karen in Virginia

You need to watch all of Better Call Saul. That's an order!😂🤗💖👍🏼
    Saul captured my heart.🤗💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Oh! I see Barbie and I posted about the same movie. :)

And I had to laugh - when Covid happened, I watched Breaking Bad all the way through - twice! Rewatching, I enjoyed the nuances and details I missed the first time through. It is violent and just wrong in so many ways. LOL. I haven’t watched all of Better Call Saul, just the first 4 seasons I think.

Karen in Virginia

You need to watch all of Better Call Saul. That's an order!😂🤗💖👍🏼
    Saul captured my heart.🤗💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

:D

Aye, Aye! You can count on me, Ma’am!

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon

Your post came through just fine!

Well done on negotiating for the wine you wanted. And my sympathies for the disrupted sleep...

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today, day 4 of my sister challenge, I ate 1108 calories. Yay! And I rode my bike for twenty minutes, and did an hour of yoga, and thirty minutes of aerobic walking. Yay! So my deficit is 473. Yay!

The aerobic walking was tough. I couldn't find my usual video so I used a new one and it was terrible. The instructor wore black against a black background, and the camera kept zooming into her face. Then when they panned out, they put labels over her legs. So it was a real challenge to see what she was doing. And the music had a very indistinct beat. Then halfway through, she said everyone pull out your exercise bands. Well I didn't have the right kind. But I made it through.

All in all, a great day for diet and exercise. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3

Betsy in NW WA
  • Whidislander
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) After watching "Breaking Bad" and "Better Call Saul" be sure to watch "El Camino" on Netflix. It follows Jesse after the explosion on "Breaking Bad "

Oh yes!
    I shed a tear or two.💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.
    I really feel strongly that I have to say this today... It's been weighing on me for a couple days and I've kept quiet, but today's the day.

Completely agree with Mary's spoiler. ALL of you should go back and read it carefully... several times. Just sayin'. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/47526728/#Comment_47526728

Some of us choose to keep our mouths closed on a regular basis not to get any back-talk on this thread and some of us don't mention when others break the rules not to cause any drama. I'm a MoM. (Marine Mom) and we're TAUGHT NOT TO TRUST!!! I think Rebecca will agree with me on this point.
    It's really naïve of everyone here to think that everyone IS truly who they say they are! I mean sure, we all are probably who we are, but Kim was only bringing up a point the other day that we have to be careful and she got told that it was "unbecoming". IT was NOT. It was simply a point. Mary was simply copy/pasting information from one thread, within this GROUP, to another thread within this GROUP, to make a point. Truthfully, something anyone could do anywhere and beyond this group. And here's my point. We all post things here and on other threads within 50+ that we may or may not want to get out onto the WWW. So please, pay attention. As I've said before, my life's an open book. Anything I've posted here, goes out. But if you don't want it out "there", don't post it here either, because you DON'T know (for certain) who everyone is.

Alright, I'm done.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

This ... what we're posting in now ... is not a group. It's a thread within an open forum that can be googled by anyone from anywhere.

Groups are more private than threads.

See explanation ...
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Just pulling this out of the Group before the Group is deleted ...

vvagiayhxwgs.jpg

MyFitnessPal has several sections. One section is where we go to enter our exercise and food and to participate on the newsfeed with our friends. Another section is the forum.

The MFP forum contains several subforums or "Categories".

Within each subforum or "Category", there are a whole lot of threads. For example, within the Motivation and Support subforum or "Category", there is a long collection of Women Ages 50+ {month, year} threads. And Barbie starts a new thread each month. :):heart:

Within each thread, there are lots of posts.

That's how we see it because there is a reasonably decent user interface for us to work with.

However, all the posts from all the threads go into a table in a database behind the scenes (pretty much).

Search engines and others who might be interested in forum data see the table in the database.

Many forum tables and databases aren't protected and are freely available to search engines, etc.

In the case of our Groups here, the posts go into a protected table in the database (or a different database), so search engines etc. have a harder time seeing what's posted. Some whole forums have that level of protection ... they'll be the ones you have to sign up for before you can see the subforums, threads, and posts.

Forum data on it's own is probably mostly not that interesting, but it may become interesting through data linkage. :smiley:

Incidentally, if you want a look at the MyFitnessPal rules go here:
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

I planted Shasta daisies last year and they are just about ready to bloom. Just one plant but looking forward to seeing it bloom.
    First time growing them.

I'm trying to get Swan River daisies going, but so far I haven't had any luck. I will try again this spring.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Enjoy your travels ladies ...

w474aei8f2o0.png

f2ues9rlj6gi.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    update- we are taking the baby TURKEY up to wildlife rescue now.
    took a while to find a place- two places don't take turkeys. One didn't want to take it because it was found in another county but did end up taking it because the other places don't take non-native birds/animals.
    Super nice up there.
    They were happy to get it. They had a single baby turkey already and it needed a buddy so worked out. It was so cute and thought about keeping it but knew it wasn't the best for it and what would I do with a full grown turkey!!

Good outcome. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    laltt wrote: »
    Would love some support on my weight loss journey. Prior to the start of the pandemic I had lost 90#. Put it all back on and then some. May last year I started again and got down 47#. Then my mom passed away and I lost all my will power and gained quite a bit back. I’m back on track since March and have lost 28#. Slow and easy. Walking more now that my hip is bothering less. Going to be stressful as it appears on a new scan that my husbands cancer has likely spread further into his spine. More testing in a couple weeks to confirm, then I believe he’ll start radiation. Need to maintain what control I have by keeping on track with my eating and walking. Before that, my husband and I will be going on vacation to Lake George where we’ve rented an RV for 10 days. Lots of outdoor time and great waking trails.

I hope you have had a great weekend.

Welcome here.

I'm sorry about all the stress you've been under. I understand stress and how we can gain weight in those situations.

Slow and easy ... that's the way.