WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good movie to watch on Netflix or Prime (free only)? I am sitting here and every movie I start I have to end because they aren't worth watching.

Carol in GA on a Quiet Sunday Afternoon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Carol ,can you watch Driving Miss Daisy?Fried Green Tomatoes?The Help? On Golden Pond ... those are some of my favorites
    Well Miles fell asleep right after they left and was still asleep when they got back so easy babysitting for me..
    Dan should be touching down in less than 30 minutes ..and Alfie and I are just laying down relaxing.. all my driving and babysitting duties are done for the day.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Kj-well said.
    Rita-hang in with us for a bit-I find your life so interesting and you teach me much. Love your memes today-just what is needed.
    Carol-I don't watch movies often and I believe some of the series I watch may not be to your liking (I'm pretty open in my watching). Allie did give some good suggestions.
    Beth-I totally understand your quandary. I thought my coffee maker was going out a while back. I had some Kohl's bucks I couldn't figure out what to use on. They had my cuisinart coffee make I like on sale for about the same as Kohls buck. I have a spare in my back room. Did similar thing with credit card points when credit union was making change-cashed them in for spare iron. I also have a back up chi flat iron I got at Marshalls for a ridiculously cheap price.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Carol ... when it's just me, I look for the Disney, Pixar and other animated children's films.

Beth
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,059 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies!

Today is day 3 of my sister challenge. I ate 1126 calories. Yay! I rode my bike for twenty minutes. Yay! And I made a deficit of 75 calories. Okay for Sunday.

It's not exactly a cheat day, but on Sundays I relax a little. With weightlifting, they always say to take off one day a week. The trick is to maintain some kind of a deficit without exercise to beef up the numbers.

Annie in Delaware
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Now that I have REAL coffee in my system (it was the coffee pot no longer heating the water correctly), I have been rereading the posts for the last few pages and wanted to make a few comments.

Flea ... thank you for sharing about your son and your faith ...

Lisa ... the work you've put into your property shows and the flowers are beautiful!

Margaret... I have hydrangeas in my side yard. Each Easter I purchase one in memory of my son (he used to buy them for me on Mother's Day) for the church and then I plant it outside in my own little memorial garden. I am astounded with how hardy they can be! I'll post a picture when they are in bloom. This year's, of course, is past bloom and just setting down roots now.

Rita ... don't you dare go anywhere! Your posts are some of the most calming! Just scroll, scroll, scroll ...

Rebecca ... my goodness, how did falling bring so much pain to both feet? Did you fall onto something? Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with your sister and her family!

I'm heading into the basement now to gather things up for a church's annual mission garage sale this week. I have a lot of been setting aside and I also want to go through a large (very large) pile of throws/blankets. We are over-run with them. I'll see how many my guys will let me get rid of ... they are both very sentimental about stuff ...but really, how many do you need?

Beth near Buffalo

• grandmallie
    Options
    I have Delta skymiles amex that I use ,so i can get points towards my flights
    Dan landed and is on his way to Disneyland lol ,he is gonna crash hard tonight...
    But he will have a blast..
    Told him to keep his phone and Wallet in his front pockets to prevent theft..
    Im sure my body clock will wake me up even though I don't have to watch the little guy this week
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,207 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    :)Carol choosing movies is tricky. Jake and I just finished watching many seasons of a series that I loved. When he told his daughter about it, she said "I didn't know Barbie liked violence " I had enjoyed the characters and intrigue so much that I was able to ignore the violence.

:)Rita. Just keep scrolling, the upsetting stuff will go away

:) After along early morning walk, our trip to pick up groceries, an hour walk with my friend, and lunch, I took a nap 😴 What a great day. Time now for dinner and a movie

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Debbie-what a good thing for you an DH to do.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    update- we are taking the baby TURKEY up to wildlife rescue now.
    took a while to find a place- two places don't take turkeys. One didn't want to take it because it was found in another county but did end up taking it because the other places don't take non-native birds/animals.
    Super nice up there.
    They were happy to get it. They had a single baby turkey already and it needed a buddy so worked out. It was so cute and thought about keeping it but knew it wasn't the best for it and what would I do with a full grown turkey!!

How sweet! It was so cute, Debbie. You did the right thing passing it on. I can't imagine trying to have a turkey as a pet! And what would your cats think??

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3 hrs 57min 58sec, dust, vacuum, laundry, fold and put away, sweep front entryway and front patio, make hummingbird food etc= 1114c

Lucy’s legs are acting up again. Put her back on the anti itch medicine. I had been walking her 5 miles instead of 6 with kirby and the other two. Tomorrow I think I’m going to try walking her 4 miles, then I’ll run 2 after I drop her off at home. Then I’ll spin when I get back
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,941 Member
    Options
    :)Debbie what a sweet conclusion to the wild turkey story. Thanks for telling us <3
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Dan is at Disneyland lol ,where he has the stamina I don't know..better him than me..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    A quick hop on before bed;
    Carol- I watched a french movie called Delicious on Prime this weekend. It was wonderful! You have the choice of translated subtitles or translated audio. The beginning was a bit off putting to me ( a bunch of frilly royals in powdered wigs being horrible to the main character) but after that one scene, it got really good.
    <3 KJ
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,059 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Well, I decided to have a tiny piece of father's day pie with my dad, so I blew the earlier numbers. Today I ate 1286 calories for an overage of 85. I'm trying to frame it as a rational decision and not a collapse of willpower. A collapse would have been a quarter pie; I ate a sixteenth. So hopefully he will eat the rest of it himself. Wish I had bought something smaller.

No more celebrations until his birthday, which is after the sister challenge.

Annie in Delaware