WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
s0wexw7lp9l3.png

:) Time seems to be zooming by and it's time to turn the page on the calendar for new month and new possibilities.

:) Research everywhere says that social connection is a major factor in promoting good physical and emotional health and this thread has provided amazing connections for me and others.

:) Thank you to all of you who had added to my life and to the new people who do the same this month.

:) We share about many subjects and support and encourage each other

:) Be sure to bookmark the page so you can find it again.

:) Please sign your post with a name or nickname and a location, specific or general so we can more easily identify each other.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..." Tibetan proverb

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie! I can’t believe it’s June already!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options

did an hour of the KettleWorx cardio DVD then went for my walk. Then to Aldi. See, with the new phones we have a new shopping list. This one Vince can add something to. The other one I had only I could add to it. So I wanted to get the things on the list so that I could delete it. Then went to Food Lion. I tell you, you have to be careful at that store. Last time I was there they didn’t give me the sale price on these hamburgers. Admitted, it’s only $1, but still…..

Today they had Pepsi on sale, BOGO with a limit of 8 free. So I asked for a raincheck. The guy wrote down that the quantity was 8. So I said “shouldn’t it say 8 offers?” That’s when he changed the quantity to 16 which is what it should have been. This happened to me once before. Bought a bit of fruit. Yes, it would have been cheaper at Aldi. However, by buying this fruit, I got $3 off my next order. Barbara, I check receipts, too

Thank you all for you comments about the angelfish. The first one is the larger of the two. I have them side-by-side. Vince thinks I should have done 4 coats of paint for the orange. Probably so. But the sample didn’t show it streaking

Mary – I agree with you, this IS a great group to be part of. You can vent and no one judges you. They only give advice, sometimes because of personal experience.

On that note: we’re supposed to go to a friend (Steve) of ours. He’s the person who stops by here on his was to/from FL. Every year he has a “picnic”. Yes, it’s about a 9hr drive. But to me, what’s the big deal. On our way home we usually stop to see Denise, Pete and PJ (one of the times I get to see him) for a day. We go to Steve’s on Fri, the picnic is Sat., we leave there Sun and spend the day with Denise, leave for home Mon. That’s the plan.

Well, yesterday, Vince said to me that he’s not looking forward to this weekend. When I asked him “why” he said about the long drive. I just told him to take my car and I would drive part of the way. I texted Denise twice that we would be there, no response. I texted Pete. Vince texted Denise. Still no response. So I told him that if she’s not there, we’ll just leave things for her and PJ in the garage. Fortunately, I have the code to get in.

Carla – HUG

Just placed an order for low sodium chicken stuffing at Amazon. The only store I can get it in is Food Lion and they haven’t had it in a really long time. Amazon is something like 5 cents more, but I’ll have it. When I used my points, it actually wound up being free

Lanette – regarding dh’s drums, guitars etc. Have you ever thought of putting them up on Craigslist? Donating sounds good

Which reminds me, I should go to the Salvation Army to make a donation.

Just got back from another walk around the block. Vince didn't want to go for our walk "I went to physical therapy today". Really? Oh well...... I keep asking him to go and sometimes he does. Something is better than nothing.

Thought I'd posted this earlier but I can't find it.

Michele NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie! Here we go!

Michele - I think DH bought most of his drums off Craigslist and Ebay. He immersed himself in them, which was good, this is how he learned. He could talk Pearl and Gretsch all day long, lol.

I know nothing about them - value, condition, etc. So I wouldn't be a good salesperson. I have no time to devote to boning up on them.

Plus hassling with payment, shipping, potential angry customers, lookieloos. Nope.

So it's auction or donate. I just want the clutter gone. ;)

By the way, awesome Angelfish! <3

Lanette B)

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    thanks barbie!!!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Barbie Thank you for the new thread. I’m looking forward to June. ❤️

Katla
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Barbie thanks for keeping us going! Time sure does fly when you’re…

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Barbie!

Love,
    Kylia in Ohio
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    son went and got his hair cut today and donated it. It isn't really short but shorter than he wanted. He wanted it to his shoulders.It will be in a month or so.

Zumba was fun- some great songs that really get us moving. Started out with Uptown Funk then Proud Mary. Finishing up my day with just over 20,000 steps/9miles
    At 936 calories so far. MFP says I can have 1110 more. I might have 200-250 more- a little cho.peanut butter ice cream with an extra spoon full of peanut butter

Came home to Mr. Grumpy. Hopefully he will go to bed soon. He is working tomorrow.
    I am off tomorrow but have my first 6month checkup/ full body scan for melanoma
    Every six months for 5 yrs.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Thank you Barbie! You start each and every month on a solid footing. I appreciate you! This month will be unpredictable but fun. Not being home, but at my eldest sisters, I have decided to not be a faster and just eat the best I can. The last time I visited her it was last September. I was battling the pain of my sick gallbladder. So just nice I won't be in pain, or just generally miserable. I recall it was a lot of nightly pacing and just trying to deal.
    My sister stated for the two weeks I will be there, on Mondays and Tuesday's she'll have her three granddaughters, (10, 8 and 5). So her son will drop them off on Sundays. I told my son it would be a good time to visit, as Athena will have playmates. I told son they have to come relax at my sisters homestead and 1875 home. My sister has a treasure chest and when they come, she hides it somewhere on the property. Then the kids drive the gator around and look for ut. So Athena will enjoy that adventure. Also my sister has a tree where fairies live, and she periodically puts letters in the mailbox that's by the tree, from the family of fairies. When I was there last, her husbands daughter, husband and their 4 yr old came for a visit. She was absolutely amazed that the letter was addressed to her! We will make a letter for Athena. I'm hoping they can come down, as its only 1.24 hours away from them.👍🏼
    Cheers to a positive month ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

her place and what she does for the kids sounds perfect. Those kids will never forget those times.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Thought I'd posted this earlier but I can't find it.

Michele NC
    You did post it- it is on the May thread.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Allie - I hope you and your family are ok. I’ve been thinking about you all today.

Tracey
  • dlfk202000
    Options

Debbie - How long do you have to wait for results from tomorrow’s scan. That would be so hard for me.

Tracey in Edmonton

The scan is actually a hands on look at every inch of my body by my doctor. When I went for the first one, I thought it was a machine. Boy was I shocked to find out that my guy doctor would be doing it.

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Thank you for a new month Barbie!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    <3