WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Barbie- Add my prayers to the others.
    Rhonda in Ireland- I love old castles! So beautiful!

Today, tackling a pile of home paperwork and work. At least lunch and real food is ready to pack! My food yesterday,until dinner, consisted of graham crackers and peanut butter. Dinner was Parmesan crusted pollock (Gordon's), green beans, about 2 oz of baked potato, and a hlef plate of salad full of veggies.

The air was like dirty glasses yesterday. Apparently smoke from the Canadian fires is hanging out here according to the news this morning.

Gotta get moving!
    Much love,
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I’m just proud of the fact that I’ve kept up with my exercise even tho I’ve recently gone back to work. I don’t count things like walking up steps or mowing the yard as extra exercise. See, you’ve always been working so you’re used to incorporating exercise. I’ve just returned to work (OK it’s not a whole lot) and I’ve had to change my routine. But I did it and I’m continuing to do it. Good job on the jeans getting looser

Well done!

I've been active since I could crawl ... whether I've been working or going to school or doing both of those or doing neither of those (I haven't always worked). I feel very restless if I don't exercise, plus exercising gives me a sense of accomplishment. However, every time I've changed jobs or started/finished school or moved, I've had to change my exercise routines, locations, etc. As you've no doubt discovered, it can be good to change things and to figure out how to incorporate exercise in new places, with new schedules. :)

I don't count stairs at home.

But I do count them at work!

In the past 4 workdays of June, I've climbed 102 flights consisting of 20 stairs each, up and down, plus landings. :smiley: A small group of us are in a stair climbing challenge. We've measured height of the stairs and we know the height of the local mountain, so we're climbing the mountain ... it's 353 flights of 20 stairs tall.

I'm just pleased that all the stair climbing seems to be working to help me drop weight.

Still ... counting exercise and calories only amuses the brain ... provides that sense of accomplishment, provides motivation, etc.

The body knows what muscles have been used, what has been exhaled, what has been consumed. And it's probably quite different from the numbers with which we're amusing our brains. :grin:

exermom wrote: »
    Do you know that WaWa was going to charge 35 cents for a bag to put the sandwiches in?

Just about everywhere here charges for bags. I try to remember to bring my own ... I'm not always successful in that.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Sudden emergency request from my son. Could he come round at 3pm with Edie. They arrived and he disappeared into the study on a Zoom call. Edie had her £10 (a month) pocket money so we set off for the art shop.
    She picked out a small canvas, but then said she had lost the £10. We didn't believe her as she is such a kidder. When we went out of the shop she was very subdued, so I thought she must be telling the truth!! I went back and asked if they had found it, and they had! :D
    So we all started on some art projects at home. I found a bag of thirty three year old acrylic paints so decided to make a few blobs on black paper to see what happened. :p 😜 I had no idea where it was going. In the end I produced something. A bit of fun.
    DH is writing script for his sister's birthday card. Edie had a go at a few things.
    So, a good, bonus afternoon!!!
    apwnfskjm30f.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Nice!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Rhonda21km wrote: »
    zgfqj1r5rf9j.jpeg
    I try to vary my walks to keep it interesting. I live in the countryside so no city sights for me, but old castles and historical landscapes are frequent. This one was along my route. I never get tired of admiring them. Rhonda in Ireland

Beautiful!
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :'( Jake's visit to the cancer doctor was not such good news today. He will have to start chemo again soon. They did another blood test and will tell him more soon.

Sorry to hear that!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Barbie

Prayers said for you and Jake

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Barbie - So sad for Jake's chemo. Hope the blood test has good results.

Michele - thanks for the encouragement! You set a great example for exercise. Those DVDs you do are hard! They would kick my butt!

Katla - glad you got your new glasses!

Machka - how frustrating and scary for the bus to get lost! It happened to me once. I was dozing on the bus and woke up in an unfamiliar place. But we got back on track, just a little late.

Today I need to push on my excuse for jury duty. The doctor said she faxed it, but the court didn't receive it. Then groceries, and a routine appointment at three. Then dumbbells tonight.

Annie in Delaware

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    (((Barbie)))— Sending prayers to Jake and a need for chemo. May it be successful. 🙏🏻. Prayers for you, too.

Katla
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good morning, ladies. Up early this morning as DH wanted to start working the summerfallow before it gets too hot. A/C isn't working that well on the tractor. Will probably only work until early this afternoon. Could have slept in but I was awake so decided to get up too. Vet appt has been changed to Thursday as vet dealing with emergency so a couple more days before we find out how old Lucy is. I think she is about a year old but I could be wrong.

Barbie so sorry to hear about Jake. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rhonda, Ireland is beautiful. Saw quite a few castles when I visited. Lovely pics.

Quite a few out of control fires in Quebec now. My DS works at a nuclear facility (research station) in Ontario. I'm reading that there is a fire directly across the Ottawa river from where he is located. Scary situation to say the least. It is a very heavily wooded area. Awesome that firefighters around the world are coming to Canada to help with this situation including 100 from France to help out Quebec. Hoping they get some rain.

Joy
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options
    :)<3 Thank you to all of you for your prayers and good wishes. We have been very fortunate. When Jake had chemo the first time it was in 2018 just after my spinal fracture and I was sufficiently healed to drive him to the treatments. There is an excellent cancer center here which is part of the Seattle Cancer Alliance so the treatments are a 15 minute drive away at a lovely new center with caring professionals. We are taking it one day at a time and utilizing all our spiritual principles.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I am glad it is close by.

Praying.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Its is super smokey here in Connecticut so I will be staying inside today..im over with Miles and he is snoozing .. and im just relaxing..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    (((Barbie)))
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Barbie and Jake ~ Good wishes for you!

Machka ~ Glad you got home safely at last.

Kylia ~ Lady...you are one busy woman.

Love the photos of Ireland!

Carol in GA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Barbie ... I will be praying for both Jake and you in the days ahead ... hugs

Rhonda in Ireland ... beautiful scenery!

Michele... glad you were able to be with your grandson for a while

Smokey here near Buffalo too ...

5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. Faith. Family. Sunny days.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. Have already been out this morning watching the birds in the neighborhood. Saw a woodpecker today in addition to our regular feathered friends.

Better food choices yesterday. Stayed within my window. Feel a little less bloated today so onward!

Beth near Buffalo
  • lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    :'( Jake's visit to the cancer doctor was not such good news today. He will have to start chemo again soon. They did another blood test and will tell him more soon.

I’m sorry @barbiecat! I will pray for you both. 🙏🏻
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Barbie,
    thinking of you and Jake, sending healing peaceful thoughts your way.

Kim in N. California