WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Kay ~ I think you are very right about following Dana White's ways to keep your house tidy. Unfortunately, if you live in a household where the other partner loves to leave their mess all around, that is not an easy method to carry through. My husband has managed to strew his stuff all over every room in the house. Sometimes I want to cry over it but it is what it is and after 54 yrs of marriage I just give up.

Carol in GA who has a terrible sinus headache this morning. :'(

I can relate, Carol. It is frustrating.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 25min 1src, 79ahr, 92mhr, 39elev, 4.03mi= 421c
    Strava app= 494c

Took them for a little longer walk. Yogi and Lucy seem to be back to normal. Not doing the full 6 miles yet
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

WOOHOO Heather! So happy for you!

Heading into the last HUMPday. Wish me luck. Don't know if I've mentioned that I've had Hunter with me since Friday since his district ended and their childcare had a week off. Today is his last day. He's had a ball. 8-year-old in a middle school, hanging with a buncha BIG kids and doing some of their "things" on the last week of school. All of my hall-mates have been so wonderful. They've brought him into their classes when they have fun stuff going on. He's watch movies, shot off "bottle rockets", played outside with spanish class, even helped the custodian clean the halls!!! And he gets to eat lunch in the staff lunchroom. LOL. Certainly hasn't had time to be bored!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

Carla- I am sure he will never forget this time he got to do all the fun stuff with you at school with the big kids.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Kay ~ I think you are very right about following Dana White's ways to keep your house tidy. Unfortunately, if you live in a household where the other partner loves to leave their mess all around, that is not an easy method to carry through. My husband has managed to strew his stuff all over every room in the house. Sometimes I want to cry over it but it is what it is and after 54 yrs of marriage I just give up.

Carol in GA who has a terrible sinus headache this morning. :'(

I can relate, Carol. It is frustrating.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

me too- seems his stuff is taking over almost every room in the house. Little by little, more boxes and stuff are filling up the space. I have moved stuff just because it was really bugging me, just to have him fill it back up within days.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi Machka.

Sorry for the delayed response as I was away this weekend. You can call me DC for short. Weekend fun always means a slight weight gain but I'm back on track with exercise and eating healthy. I really need to watch for my salt intake It's amazing how much salt is added to just random items like pancake mix, salsa, taco packets. Anyway, my menopausal symptoms have slightly diminished and have the occasional hotflash 1-3x a week. I think if I keep up the weight training and cardio, maybe my hormones can balance themselves out. Crossing fingers.

DC
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just curious....where is everyone from? I'm from Washington, DC, living in the heart of downtown with my 2 furry felines and the hubby of almost 20 years.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Well this morning I thought I saw a humidity haze but now it stinks of smoke. That must be one huge cloud of smoke!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    Hi all. Just curious....where is everyone from? I'm from Washington, DC, living in the heart of downtown with my 2 furry felines and the hubby of almost 20 years.

Born in Mendota California, was living in Tacoma Washington for awhile, recently retired now back in fresno California with 3 dogs and husband, together since 1996
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »

Live in rural Alberta, Canada with husband of 50+ years, 6 cats and 2 dogs. Retired from provincial government job quite a few years ago but still farming with husband (organic farm). Have 2 children (son and daughter) and 5 grandchildren.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate going for a morning walk.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 2/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 1/30 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 2/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840 (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%, —8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 75/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103.2 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)40/94 w(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 7/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 20/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings.every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently.
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it.
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone.
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    I was born in IA, grew up in southern CA, spent about 40 years in SD and then retired to western WA.

Heather - yay for getting the cast off!

Katla - enjoy the new glasses.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Carol thank you for mentioning Dana White. Had never heard about her but looked her up and watched a few of her videos which I found very interesting. I need to de-clutter my house and think I will start with my clothing. Not going to tackle too much right now as busy with outside work and garden right now but I can start with my closet and then work through from there. This will be an excellent project for me through the long winter months.

Joy
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did a spinning workout then cut the grass. Afterwards went to Aldi. Drizzling here so looks like I won’t get my walk in (boo)

Made chocolate bran muffins for me and then some rice in the IP. Love it in there

hmmm...now that eggs are less than $2, maybe I’ll hard boil some. Haven’t had hard boiled eggs in a long time.

Drkatie – I feel the same way you do, if someone has the time and inclination to find out something about me – they can go for it. That doesn’t impress me at all. They could just try asking me, but that may be too logical for some people. I just don’t have the time to be bothered looking things up about people. I take them for what I see.

Heather – good thoughts for the cast coming off Update: Yippee!!!! Kindness never goes out of style

DC – I’m sure that exercise is helping my hot flashes. I used to exercise every day. Then I broke a bone in my foot and couldn’t exercise. Was I ever having hot flashes!! Sweat would pour off me. As soon as I was able to get back to exercise, the hot flashes became fewer and less intense. Oh, I still have them. But sweat isn’t pouring off me. I was born and lived in northern NJ, then moved to the Poconos then southern PA, now in NC, down to only one cat now who has a seizure disorder, an anxiety disorder, and cancer. When he passes, we’ll probably get more cats. But right now isn’t the time. Not with his anxiety. The only kid in this house is dh

Michele NC